Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Is this new or Samsung used "burn-in" term last year as well?

View attachment 56333
The burn in thing was last year also, now that Samsung are rumoured to making there own OLEDs from next year they drop the propoganda.

8k TVs have the latest high end S7 tab being offered as a freebie.

Even though Samsung QN90A are out the last year model Q95T 55 is still selling at Rs 168k !!! It defies logic , maybe they forgot to update.

Congratulations Jayesh. I’ve read good things about this model.
Enjoy
Thanks a lot :)

Bro, can you update us on your findings on how different it is compared to an OLED.
Sure thing , as soon it arrives I will get cracking on all the major aspects of PQ parameters . Head to head comparison with CX will form the crux of it.

Hi Guys I have just ordered the QN90A 55 inch . So I welcome all prospective owners , interested parties , rival TV Tech owners to share there valuable inputs n feedback.
First, congratulations for your purchase. Now, have you confirmed whether the QN90A Samsung is selling in India is with VA panel or their ADS/IPS one. I have heard from European folks that Samsung is using IPS panel for QN90A in some countries of Europe. Even rtings posted comment in youtube that they think QN90A outside of North America uses IPS panel but they are not sure. What raises the doubt is they are using Wide Viewing Angle in their promotion pages outside North America indicating IPS panel and not their Utra Viewing Angle jargon which they use in their VA panel TVs. Samsung is notorious for panel lottery, bringing 10s of different variant for same model number in different region.

Review by FOMO:

Very insightful video by FOMO, QN90A India/Asia/Australia/UK version on paper should have even better dark room performance than the US one as it does not have the ultra viewing angle meaning the native contrast is just double n the job of LD becomes much easier with minimal or almost non existent blooming.

Very insightful video by FOMO, QN90A India/Asia/Australia/UK version on paper should have even better dark room performance than the US one as it does not have the ultra viewing angle meaning the native contrast is just double n the job of LD becomes much easier with minimal or almost non existent blooming.
But instead it's has wide viewing angle which implies it's having IPS/ADS panel like QN85A meaning poor native contrast in range of 1500:1

First, congratulations for your purchase. Now, have you confirmed whether the QN90A Samsung is selling in India is with VA panel or their ADS/IPS one. I have heard from European folks that Samsung is using IPS panel for QN90A in some countries of Europe. Even rtings posted comment in youtube that they think QN90A outside of North America uses IPS panel but they are not sure. What raises the doubt is they are using Wide Viewing Angle in their promotion pages outside North America indicating IPS panel and not their Utra Viewing Angle jargon which they use in their VA panel TVs. Samsung is notorious for panel lottery, bringing 10s of different variant for same model number in different regi

First, congratulations for your purchase. Now, have you confirmed whether the QN90A Samsung is selling in India is with VA panel or their ADS/IPS one. I have heard from European folks that Samsung is using IPS panel for QN90A in some countries of Europe. Even rtings posted comment in youtube that they think QN90A outside of North America uses IPS panel but they are not sure. What raises the doubt is they are using Wide Viewing Angle in their promotion pages outside North America indicating IPS panel and not their Utra Viewing Angle jargon which they use in their VA panel TVs. Samsung is notorious for panel lottery, bringing 10s of different variant for same model number in different region.
Thanks, even I had similar concerns but confirmed from multiple sources that they are using a VA panel for Asia, Australia,UK n France but no ultra viewing angle or one connect box .

Wide viewing angle is just a generic term Samsung uses nothing sinister about it, they used similar wide viewing angle terminology for last year's Q80T and Q70T n we all know that those are VA panels.

As I just posted short while back that infact lack of an Ultra viewing helps with native contrast n sharpness.

BTW QN85A is not half as bad as they are being made out to be, infact there black level are much better than many VA panels out there.

Thanks, even I had similar concerns but confirmed from multiple sources that they are using a VA panel for Asia, Australia,UK n France but no ultra viewing angle or one connect box .

Wide viewing angle is just a generic term Samsung uses nothing sinister about it, they used similar wide viewing angle terminology for last year's Q80T and Q70T n we all know that those are VA panels.

As I just posted short while back that infact lack of an Ultra viewing helps with native contrast n sharpness.

BTW QN85A is not half as bad as they are being made out to be, infact there black level are much better than many VA panels out there.
I just hope what you say is true as I also have my eyes set on this TV for 65" variant. Will be waiting for your review when you receive the TV. I am looking at mid year purchase, it will be QN90A(if it's VA) or I finally jump into OLED bandwagon and get LG C1

I just hope what you say is true as I also have my eyes set on this TV for 65" variant. Will be waiting for your review when you receive the TV. I am looking at mid year purchase, it will be QN90A(if it's VA) or I finally jump into OLED bandwagon and get LG C1
65 with it is bigger screen immersion when combined with Samsung's fantastic upscaling is a good choice indeed.

OLEDS with all due respect to them but after my underwhelming experience with CX I for now won't be going anywhere near an OLED even if it is a Sony A90J.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back