Samsung/Sony/Panasonic 2012 tv lineup,When?

Thanks for the news, sammydude!

Can you ask him if 51E550 will also be available soon?

I asked here in Trivandrum at QRS Retail and the rep said that new 2012 Samsung Plasma TVs will be available in May only.

Yes Arun. I called to enquire reg. E550 when I got the news about E490.
Well, the rep said that the E550 is arriving in 10-15 days :)

Hi i am little disappointed with Sony's 2012 range of tvs with no new design and limited number of models. I like Panasonic's 2012 range of tvs but they never launch their tvs on time which is a shame and with no marketing from Panasonic people dont even know what product Panasonic makes. I think Samsung & LG are giving consumers good value products. Sony i dont know what they are doing whereas Panasonic is lost in their own world and that leaves Samsung and LG with their striking designs and huge marketing. Lot of people dont care much about picture quality and they just buy the tv by the way it looks and this is where Samsung & LG comes in and not that they have bad picture quality. I hope Sony gets their act together becuase i really love the brand Sony. I am using Sony products since my childhood and i hate to see Sony falling behind.

Last edited:
looks like Sony HX750 is'nt for people who are looking for PQ: Sony KDL-55HX750 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review if someone is realy into LCD they should wait for this: Panasonic 2012 TC-L55WT50 LED LCD HDTV- First Review | HD Guru

Cnet complained about the black levels which surprisingly is inferior to last years low end Sony EX52x lcd tv which had a SPVA panel.So not sure whether its defective tv or was set it torch mode.Or does it use a NON-SPVA panel,best to check it in the store.

The panasonic is local dimming tv,so if you measure full on/off blacks its going to be as good as any other local dimming tv,but in the ANSI mode in non-dimmed zone it surely going to be inferior compared to a VA based lcd .

Last edited:
They were the company to beat and now they have to play catch up. Its sad.

Somewhat similar to the Nokia vs Iphone + Android story. Nokia refused to move along with technology and improvise. I guess Sony didn't try as hard when it was on top. The tortoises, Samsung and LG have caught up. Sony has never compromised on it's high prices too. But now consumers have a variety of options which offer good PQ tvs at much lesser prices.

Hi i still think they make good tvs but they need to design their tvs more bold and striking. I still have a huge respect for Sony and almost all my gadgets till now have been Sony. Like japan i am sure Sony is not going to give up that easily. Waiting for Sony's comeback.
Somewhat similar to the Nokia vs Iphone + Android story. Nokia refused to move along with technology and improvise. I guess Sony didn't try as hard when it was on top. The tortoises, Samsung and LG have caught up. Sony has never compromised on it's high prices too. But now consumers have a variety of options which offer good PQ tvs at much lesser prices.

Called Samsung Plaza to enquire about E550. Still no news.
The info that the E490 had arrived was incorrect.
The same rep said it was not E490 but, actually a 26" LED EH4000 which had arrived.

26" EH4000 Series 4 LED TV - SAMSUNG

Sorry, Andre and Arun. You can unthank me. :)

Samsung Plasma E490 has arrived in Samsung, Punjagutta, Hyderabad!! Called them up and the rep confirmed it.

For those curious about this model, check out the amazon link below. 2 user reviews are present (1 +ve, 1 -ve)

Amazon.com: Samsung PN51E490 51-Inch 720p 600 Hz 3D Plasma HDTV (Black): Electronics

^^^ oh, that's sad :( maybe it will be available by May only as my dealer here said.

Not "unthanking" you though :p hope you will keep us updated :D

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this community. Saw this thread so thought of sharing the news. Samsung 51E550 shall be available in Delhi show rooms today as confirmed by my vendor.:D

I ordered 51D550 on 26th March but after 2 days vendor told me that a new model in E series is coming up. I checked the same on Samsung UK website and it said that E series will be a smart TV. So I waited for the same and my 51E550 will be delivered tomorrow. :yahoo:
I got a wonderful bargain as I negotiated D series for 66K and my dealer has given the same price for 51E550.

waiting for my new sammy......:)

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this community. Saw this thread so thought of sharing the news. Samsung 51E550 shall be available in Delhi show rooms today as confirmed by my vendor.:D

I ordered 51D550 on 26th March but after 2 days vendor told me that a new model in E series is coming up. I checked the same on Samsung UK website and it said that E series will be a smart TV. So I waited for the same and my 51E550 will be delivered tomorrow. :yahoo:
I got a wonderful bargain as I negotiated D series for 66K and my dealer has given the same price for 51E550.

waiting for my new sammy......:)
Could you give the name/address/contact of the dealer?
Did you get any free glasses?

Called up Samsung Plaza, Vasant Vihar, Delhi. He said that PS51E550 is available. E490 too. MRP for E550 is 78K and he said final price would be 76K with 2 free glasses. He was a bit taken aback when I said that I'm calling from Hyderabad. :) At least I'm glad that E550 IS getting released in India. I guess it's just a matter of time now for Hyderabad. But I do hope that I can get Sushant's price! ;-)

Congrats Sushant for the deal! :)

wow, 66K! congrats sushant3891, I don't think others can get for that pricing. Anyway 76K with 2 free glasses is also good.

@sushant3891 please do post a review soon!

Hello everyone,
I just enquired about the PS43e490 in Delhi and one of the dealer said he could arrange for it and the best price quoted was 45K with two free 3d glasses. I think thats a steal considering that d490 still costs 43k. I think i will purchase E490 this week itself :p so wait for the first impressions and a short review soon.. :)

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back