Sony Bravia HX850 Reviews

I will try bro but can't promise.
aks can u somehow measure the power requirement of your tv...it's very wrong to report that cause led is rated as 115W it gonna consume 115w same time.
I have measured my tv power requirement(rated 99W) using apc ups..at the time of playing file from hard disk drive it requires 30-46w, playing disk from bluray player 56-70w..my backlight setting is 5...obviously backlight setting of 5 is very bright for even well lit room...I just don't understand why people posting false info deliberately in some other thread..

Wow nice.. If you live in Delhi I can get you good discount from Sony world... Checkboth Sony HX750 & Sony HX850.. Happy shopping bro.. And do post some pics.
I am most probably buying it in the next week. Hoping that Vijay Sales will give some discounts or offers on Independence Day.

Please all LED haters tell us what's wrong with these pictures..so before commenting about leds do a reality check..getting a plasma don't give u the privilege to comment crap about leds.

Take it easy :) if you like LCD's then stick to it but blindly don't comment on all the threads that LCD's are the best or Sony is the best or some thing of that sort.

a few pics i took yesterday of my plasma in my living room which has decent amount of light.there was a lot of shaking so the image pic quality is not that good

Last edited:
Wow nice clarity bro.. Btw we all are giving advise on what we find the best be it any brand and if somebody likes lcd/led it doesnt mean he is blindly commenting on every thread that it is better.. I dont want to fight over this and i think both Plasma & LED have their advantages & disadvantages.. :)
Take it easy :) if you like LCD's then stick to it but blindly don't comment on all the threads that LCD's are the best or Sony is the best or some thing of that sort.

a few pics i took yesterday of my plasma in my living room which has decent amount of light.there was a lot of shaking so the image pic quality is not that good

Between a top end plasma and top end LED, the quality difference is not much. It is like living in apartments facing the sea in a tall building. Plasma is like a penthouse apartment (plasma) while LED is like may be living just a floor below. Both apartments will have excellent views of the sea. :p

Between a top end plasma and top end LED, the quality difference is not much. It is like living in apartments facing the sea in a tall building. Plasma is like a penthouse apartment (plasma) while LED is like may be living just a floor below. Both apartments will have excellent views of the sea. :p

But you still feel and quote that Plasma is "Penthouse" whereas LED is probably and apartment on a "floor below" - so you are still quoting Plasma to be better... so much so for being fair ;)

But you still feel and quote that Plasma is "Penthouse" whereas LED is probably and apartment on a "floor below" - so you are still quoting Plasma to be better... so much so for being fair ;)
Ummm ... not really. The "penthouse apartment" has more "maintenance expenses".

The only difference is that feature per feature and size-wise, the "penthouse apartment" is cheaper to buy initially.

aks said the original pic is 50% better than the pic he posted here...

That holds true to all television, the actual picture looks much better than what i have shown here.all of the pics i posted of my plasma looks un-stabilized.

its not like i don't have LCD's, i have 3 of them in three different bedrooms, 2x 46" EX520 and 1x55" EX 720.

That holds true to all television, the actual picture looks much better than what i have shown here.all of the pics i posted of my plasma looks un-stabilized.

its not like i don't have LCD's, i have 3 of them in three different bedrooms, 2x 46" EX520 and 1x55" EX 720.

What do you do with so many TV sets? :eek::licklips:

i mean they are in separate bed rooms and there are 5 of them and also two in the living room in two floors. :)

What all Changes do we expect in HX950 ?? Any Idea ??
Should I wait ... as some dealers have stock of HX925....??

Thanks in advance !!

I think you should buy hx850. Its really good in picture quality. The best led right now. Hx925 is better and hx950 will be better but hx850 will solve your purpose really well and will save you money for a home theatre.

What all Changes do we expect in HX950 ?? Any Idea ??
Should I wait ... as some dealers have stock of HX925....??

Thanks in advance !!

It is expected that hx950 will replace the current 925. The sizes will be in 55" & 65", costing 2.75L and 3.5L approx. Unless you have a room for the sizes and budgets to match, HX850 should do for you.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back