Sony CRT TV.. stand by light not powering up..

I think that there may be some problem with the eht. Why don't you take it to a repair shop? Don't take it to Sony authorized centre - they will not do anything - at least that is my experience.

i already spent too much money on repairing, but tv goes 'off' just after 15 days after repair.. hence now i am not willing to repair it again... Also i think these local repair guys are not that much talented to repair sony crt tv...

EHT (Extra High Tension) transformer is the most common failure part of the CRT TV. If you are from Pune, I can tell you name of a guy (repair shop) who is an expert in CRTs. He repaired my LG TV when the company gave up. He has the habit of isolating the faults at component level rather than the company person's policy of replacing PCBs.

EHT (Extra High Tension) transformer is the most common failure part of the CRT TV. If you are from Pune, I can tell you name of a guy (repair shop) who is an expert in CRTs. He repaired my LG TV when the company gave up. He has the habit of isolating the faults at component level rather than the company person's policy of replacing PCBs.

ETH also is very expensive, i remember getting it replaced for 3.5k couple of years back on my Sony TV.

my tv again got problem, now it is not showing picture., just sound is coming.. all the cable and wires are correctly connected.. Remote functions also works.. But only picture not coming.. :(

Wooooo.. Thanks God..! My tv has started showing picture again.. I just little bit pushed motherboard which is attached at the very back of picture tube and my this trick worked..! Picture is back again..! I am very happy now...!

Last edited:
Now again tv is going through same problem, sometimes it works sometimes not,.

Means just two months ago i just switched on my tv and led light came back after many months., tv working fine., though as day passes, led light taking time to came when starting first time from mains.. Also there is something noise in between time led light comes..

I think in between time when tv putted switched off for many months, the capacitors in power section gots fully discharged and thats why tv started again working.. is there any thing like capacitor discharge..? How much time capacitor takes to discharge fully automatically in power section?

So what could be happened with my tv? it is not powering up, just relay sound hear when switching on from mains, no led light,. This problem i faced even 1 year ago, then it was switched off for many days, then automatically one day, when i switched on, led light was powered and tv worked fine, so i think there is very minor problem., tv started working after many days switch off, Could you please tell me where may be problem, which component may faulty?

To be brutally honest , I think your TV on DEATHBED - if you can get good price sell it and BUY A GOOD LCD / LED

Repairing is like investing in sinking company

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back