Sony OLED A90J or QD EOLED A95K Launch in India

MeAlien

Hi All,
Anyone has insight when Sony will launch A90j or A95k in India,
I am anxiously waiting for either of these two to Launch in India.

Currently I am in Malaysia, I can see A90J available easily around here, but taking it from Kuala Lumpur to Delhi will be tough Challenge.
Anyone has better idea to get A90J in India??

Please guide.

Hi All,
Anyone has insight when Sony will launch A90j or A95k in India,
I am anxiously waiting for either of these two to Launch in India.

Currently I am in Malaysia, I can see A90J available easily around here, but taking it from Kuala Lumpur to Delhi will be tough Challenge.
Anyone has better idea to get A90J in India??

Please guide.
Going by last year's launch timeline, we can expect new Sony models to be launched in June. I am not sure if the A95k will be a guaranteed launch in India though, because as far as I know, A90J didn't launch in India https://gadgets360.com/tv/news/sony...-specifications-features-sale-june-18-2466842

Heard today from a Sales guy at a dealer that communication regarding training for A95K for the Dealer sales team have started and the timeline for launch could be during May/Jun

Heard today from a Sales guy at a dealer that communication regarding training for A95K for the Dealer sales team have started and the timeline for launch could be during May/Jun
thats great news but A95k is different technology than pure OLED A90J?? Am I correct, are A95k better than A90J??
Any thoughts from experts here plz.

thats great news but A95k is different technology than pure OLED A90J?? Am I correct, are A95k better than A90J??
As per initial impressions from reputed websites, answer is yes. A95K should offer following advantages
1. Better brightness
2. Vivid and brighter colours
3. Even better viewing angles
4. As per samsung better burnin resistance

But since it is a new technology as early adopter you will have to pay premium also should be prepared to accept or workaround if there are any niggles. Don't go with anything less than 2 year warranty.

As per initial impressions from reputed websites, answer is yes. A95K should offer following advantages
1. Better brightness
2. Vivid and brighter colours
3. Even better viewing angles
4. As per samsung better burnin resistance

But since it is a new technology as early adopter you will have to pay premium also should be prepared to accept or workaround if there are any niggles. Don't go with anything less than 2 year warranty.
Hope they price A80J sensibly!

1) For a hall TV it might be better than the traditional Oleds.
2) QD OLED is a new technology and so it is like a beta stage but a frightfully expensive buy. In a year or so after launch, it would be clear as whether it is good or not.
3) The mini LED(a better FALD technology) market is fast becoming affordable and can be 90% as good in PQ.
4) the QD- OLED is not preferred to regular OLEDs in terms of aesthetic looks and values as it may have a thicker chasis.
These are my opinion.

A95k > A90K > A90J.

QD-OLED is better than WOLED in basically every way. QD-OLED is actually comparable to the RGB OLED in our phones.
Not known yet. So far the only TV available is the Samsung and it is rubbish. It does 1400 nits but brightness gradually decays down to 500 nits. Also the eotf tracking is completely broken in real content. Samsung seems to be cheating. As for A95K - we don't know what it's like.

So far the only TV available is the Samsung and it is rubbish
LMAO it's not. S95B literally destroys every single WOLED in the market in measurable metrics as well as real world viewing.
It does 1400 nits but brightness gradually decays down to 500 nits.
So does every other WOLED too. Except they can't even reach 1400nits to begin with. ABL is a thing on LG and Sony OLEDs too.
Also the eotf tracking is completely broken in real content. Samsung seems to be cheating.
They do this because it looks good. Even reviewers praised how Samsung was handling things till it got measured lol. Anyone who is not colour grading on this TV will absolutely love how content looks in here.

How Samsung calibrates has no bearing on the technology lol. It's like saying AMOLED in phones is shit because Samsung phones don't have good calibration. Apple uses those same panels and gets way better results because the panels themselves are excellent.
As for A95K - we don't know what it's like.
A95K will bring all QD-OLED benefits like higher colour volume (higher colour luminance, purer colours, wider gamut), better viewing angles, less prone to burn-in etc with Sony's processing and heatsink.

There's a reason it's the A95K and the WOLED is A80K and A90K. Sony knows this is the better tech, and Sony engineers ain't idiots.

LMAO it's not. S95B literally destroys every single WOLED in the market in measurable metrics as well as real world viewing.

So does every other WOLED too. Except they can't even reach 1400nits to begin with. ABL is a thing on LG and Sony OLEDs too.

They do this because it looks good. Even reviewers praised how Samsung was handling things till it got measured lol. Anyone who is not colour grading on this TV will absolutely love how content looks in here.

How Samsung calibrates has no bearing on the technology lol. It's like saying AMOLED in phones is shit because Samsung phones don't have good calibration. Apple uses those same panels and gets way better results because the panels themselves are excellent.

A95K will bring all QD-OLED benefits like higher colour volume (higher colour luminance, purer colours, wider gamut), better viewing angles, less prone to burn-in etc with Sony's processing and heatsink.

There's a reason it's the A95K and the WOLED is A80K and A90K. Sony knows this is the better tech, and Sony engineers ain't idiots.

The tv is intentionally cheating or completely broken.

Being not able to accurately reproduce the source content = Broken in my book.
It just displays them a bit brighter than EOTF. It's not like the colours or the gamma tracking is broken. By your logic, all SDR content is broken as not a single TV displays those contents at 100 nits which SDR is mastered for.

Also, your favourite WOLEDs don't display source content accurately either. They can't go beyond 100-200 nits on the primaries except for white. Good luck accurately displaying bright scenes on them. Read up on white-pixel dilution on WOLEDs and then come to me how they're accurate.

Unless you go for $30k mastering monitors, not a single display even goes close to accurately reproducing source content. They all fail in some way or another:

LCDs: Can't display blacks properly/blooming, bad viewing angles, poor contrast, slow response times.

WOLED: Can go bright only on whites, full-field brightness is limited, primaries brightness is very limited, burn-in

QD-OLED fixes almost all of these problems. S95B goes a bit brighter on the mid and low tones than reference, but that's an extremely small compromise compared to what other TVs are reproducing. Heck, even in the video you linked, Vincent absolutely loved QD-OLED as a tech.

The tv is intentionally cheating or completely broken.
I don't agree wholy with Vincent as many others calibrators have found the S95's filmmaker mode to be slightly inaccurate but not as much as Vincent is implying . At best Vincent is being an accuracy stickler (OCD Nitpicker) and at worst he is intentionally partaking in a hit job at the behest of rival companies !!!

I fully concur with @lightgamer that QD-OLED is a much superior tech than WGRB OLEDs in all PQ parameters, period...

One can question the implementation of QD-OLED by Samsung but there is no doubting the QD-OLED tech...

The LED/QLED/ Mini LED crowd will love n prefer the brightness , vibrancy , pop n saturation of S95B while the Plasma n WGRB OLED crowd will prefer the more understated "Accurate" (Bland) approach of Sony A95K.

QD-OLED fixes almost all of these problems. S95B goes a bit brighter on the mid and low tones than reference, but that's an extremely small compromise compared to what other TVs are reproducing. Heck, even in the video you linked, Vincent absolutely loved QD-OLED as a tech.
I absolutely do not doubt QD-OLED. Please don't get me wrong. Hopefully Sony will fix everything.

However Samsung's TV is a terrible TV if it can't tract EOTF correctly and they intentionally fool around in the accurate mode which is supposed to be *accurate*.

I absolutely do not doubt QD-OLED.
You were doubting QD OLED a few days ago LOL. Quoting that comment here.
Not known yet. So far the only TV available is the Samsung and it is rubbish. It does 1400 nits but brightness gradually decays down to 500 nits. Also the eotf tracking is completely broken in real content. Samsung seems to be cheating. As for A95K - we don't know what it's like.
Anyway, happy to see that you’re not mindlessly bashing QD OLED.
Please don't get me wrong. Hopefully Sony will fix everything.
There’s nothing to fix. Samsung doesn’t follow EOTF on their LCDs too. Sony will follow it like always.
However Samsung's TV is a terrible TV if it can't tract EOTF correctly and they intentionally fool around in the accurate mode which is supposed to be *accurate*.
Personally I don’t mind slightly brighter than EOTF. It will look better in 99% of the cases to my eye. The reason I won’t buy S95B is the lack of Dolby Vision, no support for DTS audio and massive bugs in the OS including settings resetting and auto colour gamut not working.

So I’m also waiting for A95K this year. If 65” goes down to 3 lacs during Diwali it’s an instant buy for me.

I don't agree wholy with Vincent as many others calibrators have found the S95's filmmaker mode to be slightly inaccurate but not as much as Vincent is implying . At best Vincent is being an accuracy stickler (OCD Nitpicker) and at worst he is intentionally partaking in a hit job at the behest of rival companies !!!

I fully concur with @lightgamer that QD-OLED is a much superior tech than WGRB OLEDs in all PQ parameters, period...

One can question the implementation of QD-OLED by Samsung but there is no doubting the QD-OLED tech...

The LED/QLED/ Mini LED crowd will love n prefer the brightness , vibrancy , pop n saturation of S95B while the Plasma n WGRB OLED crowd will prefer the more understated "Accurate" (Bland) approach of Sony A95K.
S95B vs QN95A (or B) which one is better? Caleb has a great opinion on this TV.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back