Sony OLED A90J or QD EOLED A95K Launch in India

Oh man this has confused me again. I was about to pull the trigger on the sony OLED around May end.

Should I wait?

MaSh

Oh man this has confused me again. I was about to pull the trigger on the sony OLED around May end.

Should I wait?

MaSh
always the best season to buy any electronics item is around Deepawali unless you don't care about how much you're spending!

Should I wait?

MaSh
I was told the same by a salesperson when I went to check out 77" OLED. He adviced me not to buy now. He also said that panel prices are coming down and new one will be attractively priced. I'm in no particular hurry, my present 65" OLED is 4 years old and doing good. So I decided to wait for another year.

always the best season to buy any electronics item is around Deepawali unless you don't care about how much you're spending!
Just to be clear, my question was more on the lines of whether to wait for a new model or go for the current OLED from Sony. Whether I buy during a festival or how much I care about spending is irrelevant.
I was told the same by a salesperson when I went to check out 77" OLED. He adviced me not to buy now. He also said that panel prices are coming down and new one will be attractively priced. I'm in no particular hurry, my present 65" OLED is 4 years old and doing good. So I decided to wait for another year.
Yeh that makes sense since you already have an OLED. I am using a 10 yr old LCD and wanting to upgrade to an OLED. Really smitten by the picture quality.

MaSh

S95B vs QN95A (or B) which one is better? Caleb has a great opinion on this TV.
Great question , well atleast between QN90 A n QN95B the general consensus is that B is better , not night and day better but clearly better , they say QN95B has the updated processor, better local dimming,better HDR , better gradation specular highlights in 1 n 2% windows get really high.

But your original question has me really confused , the QN95B is ever closer to an OLED in black level, contrast while SN95B has the brightness chops of an LED !!! the line is getting blurred. Both excellent TVs n let's hope SN95B launches soon in India ...

Great question , well atleast between QN90 A n QN95B the general consensus is that B is better , not night and day better but clearly better , they say QN95B has the updated processor, better local dimming,better HDR , better gradation specular highlights in 1 n 2% windows get really high.

But your original question has me really confused , the QN95B is ever closer to an OLED in black level, contrast while SN95B has the brightness chops of an LED !!! the line is getting blurred. Both excellent TVs n let's hope SN95B launches soon in India ...
Both technologies are trying to rectify their limitations. Qd oled is in first generation launch stage and so will be real pricey and so subsequent years will see reasonable prices. Last year you had opined that QN90a is better than WRGB oled but were annoyed due to the dirty screen effect. And its lack of VA panel. This time they won't leave any stones unturned i hope. By the way, Samsung's stubborn refusal of embracing dolby vision licencing is a real problem with their TVs getting better and pricier. Many customers wish to see the dolby vision feature in their TV boxes. They need to rethink their strategy. One good thing about Samsung though is their remote. They have infrared wifi charging and is sleek. Sony needs to work on that.

Last edited:
Did he say anything about how much reduction compared to previous years we can expect?

Just to be clear, my question was more on the lines of whether to wait for a new model or go for the current OLED from Sony. Whether I buy during a festival or how much I care about spending is irrelevant.

Yeh that makes sense since you already have an OLED. I am using a 10 yr old LCD and wanting to upgrade to an OLED. Really smitten by the picture quality.

MaSh
definitely wait!

Did he say anything about how much reduction compared to previous years we can expect?
No, he's just a senior sales person in a very big chain. Doesn't know much more details. But he said that very less Sony OLED stock is around as they are planning new launch by July/August. Because prices are 'lower', existing stock liquidation may be difficult, hence good discounts on present stock.
Though I know him for many years, these type of comments are often off the mark. As I am not desperate about a new TV, I thanked him for saving my money and left. If you are planning to get one soon, may do some deeper research.
I checked that 65" A95K suggested retail price will be $4000. From this maybe one can draw some conclusions.

No, he's just a senior sales person in a very big chain. Doesn't know much more details. But he said that very less Sony OLED stock is around as they are planning new launch by July/August. Because prices are 'lower', existing stock liquidation may be difficult, hence good discounts on present stock.
Though I know him for many years, these type of comments are often off the mark. As I am not desperate about a new TV, I thanked him for saving my money and left. If you are planning to get one soon, may do some deeper research.
I checked that 65" A95K suggested retail price will be $4000. From this maybe one can draw some conclusions.
I already have 65" CX, may need another TV during Deepavali season, just hoping old models or new ones are at available at reasonable prices

I already have 65" CX, may need another TV during Deepavali season, just hoping old models or new ones are at available at reasonable prices
I'm also eyeing the 77". Noticeably more impactful. Also saw a 83" on display and discount. If wishes were horses.. :)

I'm also eyeing the 77". Noticeably more impactful. Also saw a 83" on display and discount. If wishes were horses.. :)
77" is still expensive for a wrgb technology. They even have the same glass for 48" and yet it is selling at high price, not offering customers the benefit of higher demand based rate slashes. Instead of 83" wrgb oled i consider 85" FALD a better alternative as for that size it would only qualify as a hall TV and for that size and price, a FALD is a better hall TV as it would do better handling reflection and would be bright for ambient light not to diminish its viewing pleasure. 65" is the sweet spot for room based oleds.

Considering the components shortage and now with the high exchange rate of rupee vs dollar , not sure if the prices could be lower for new models (compared to last year launch price ) . Like cars, the electronic items also becoming expensive day by day .

I was going through some QD oled vs normal oled comparison videos and some have said temp image retention is more on QD OLED. Thats kind of similar to vivid mode in wrgb oled with more warm temperature. I smell some gimmicks already.

77" is still expensive for a wrgb technology. They even have the same glass for 48" and yet it is selling at high price, not offering customers the benefit of higher demand based rate slashes. Instead of 83" wrgb oled i consider 85" FALD a better alternative as for that size it would only qualify as a hall TV and for that size and price, a FALD is a better hall TV as it would do better handling reflection and would be bright for ambient light not to diminish its viewing pleasure. 65" is the sweet spot for room based oleds.
85" is tad tight in my TV console, 77" is the sweet spot.
I did think of FALD, much cheaper. But having had Plasma and OLED for last 10 years, I'm biased towards OLED. Sony doesn't seem to have 85 in their top line 4K FALD. I'm waiting for another year anyway, so let's see. Will know more about QD OLED by then.

85" is tad tight in my TV console, 77" is the sweet spot.
I did think of FALD, much cheaper. But having had Plasma and OLED for last 10 years, I'm biased towards OLED. Sony doesn't seem to have 85 in their top line 4K FALD. I'm waiting for another year anyway, so let's see. Will know more about QD OLED by then.
One year! Nice. Good luck. My next upgrade would be an 85" z9j sony or Samsung QN90b kind of 8k beast mini led FALD for the hall. But many years to go. Maybe in 7 years when i turn 50. Or maybe by then we might have an affordable 100" TV jet black micro-LED TV who knows. No, my children's college admission might take precedence. I have declared ever since i had set 7.2 Home theaters. No more wasting in TV technology for a good while.

Any idea about india price??

Will s95b price higher than qn95b?

What is your viwing distance for 77 and what do u watch primarily hd or full hd content or 4k

Back