Sony OLED A90J or QD EOLED A95K Launch in India

Yeah , thats good news , finally Sony India website showing A95k As Available soon, but no comments on pricing.

The Sony India website lists only the 65" inch and not the 55"

3.15 lakhs for a 65" also stings - assuming the G2 65" will be priced at 2.15
3.15 lakhs for 65" would be an instant purchase for me. This is way better than G2 65". Also, G2 65" will be priced around 3 lakhs.

The US price for 65" A95k is $4000, which is around 3.2 lakhs. So I believe there is no way the 65" will be priced below 4 lakhs.

Edit: The 65" A80K is priced at 3.5 lakhs MRP and 2.8 sale price. So I believe this will be priced closer to 5 lakhs as in US the price of A95k is exactly double.

Last edited:
3.15 lakhs for 65" would be an instant purchase for me. This is way better than G2 65". Also, G2 65" will be priced around 3 lakhs.

The US price for 65" A95k is $4000, which is around 3.2 lakhs. So I believe there is no way the 65" will be priced below 4 lakhs.

Edit: The 65" A80K is priced at 3.5 lakhs MRP and 2.8 sale price. So I believe this will be priced closer to 5 lakhs as in US the price of A95k is exactly double.

Yeah I think 3.15L is for 55" (if its coming to India, since website doesnt mention 55"). I was expecting something around 3L cause usually for most companies $1000 becomes 1L in India. Then add some Sony tax.

Any idea how much reduction from 3.15L can I expect around Diwali for final sale price? Its only 3 months away and I can wait a while longer if it might be a good discount.

The Sony India website lists only the 65" inch and not the 55"

3.15 lakhs for a 65" also stings - assuming the G2 65" will be priced at 2.15

Yeah weird it only has 65". I hope 55" is also coming cause I have no need of 65 and dont want to spend so much either.

Someone told me that sources are saying 315000/-
65 inch A80K has a MRP of 3.49L. So I'm hoping A95K will be pegged at 4.00L.

I had bought the Sony A8F 65 inch a few years ago for 3L against a MRP of 4L. I hope similar discounts will apply here as well.

I'm guessing 77 will have MRP of 7L and 25% discount will be available in due time.

Last edited:

I had bought the Sony A8F 65 inch a few years ago for 3L against a MRP of 4L. I hope similar discounts will apply here as well.

I'm guessing 77 will have MRP of 7L and 25% discount will be available in due time.
77 inch is not available

A95K costs about 2x A80k. In the US, the A80K 65” is selling for $2000 while A95K for $4000

I expect the MRP of A95K around 6 lacs, and selling price around 5. If we’re lucky around Diwali we might see it around 4 lakhs.
MRP is pointless in TVs. The A80k has an MRP of 3.5 lakhs but selling price is 2.8 and I’m sure you can get it <2.5 right now if you try.

Heck, even the G2 OLED which is better than A80k will sell less than 2.5 lakhs in a couple months

Yeah I think 3.15L is for 55" (if its coming to India, since website doesnt mention 55"). I was expecting something around 3L cause usually for most companies $1000 becomes 1L in India. Then add some Sony tax.
$1 to ₹100 would be great. Dollar is already around 80 and add 28% GST to it and you get 100 rupees.

I think A95K 65 under 4 lakhs would be an absolute steal. I wouldn’t get the 55” at 3 lakhs though. You can get LG C1 around 1 lakh and that’s 90% image quality.
Any idea how much reduction from 3.15L can I expect around Diwali for final sale price? Its only 3 months away and I can wait a while longer if it might be a good discount.
Around Diwali you can expect close to US sale price.

Personally I’m buying immediately at these prices this Dussehra/Diwali:

C2 55”: below 1.2
G2 55”: below 1.4
C2 65”: below 1.8
G2 65”: below 2.1
S95B: if Samsung launches in India this is my preferred TV.
A80k: not buying this. More expensive than G2 and worse PQ
A95K 55”: price too high. Will buy only under 2 lakhs, which is not happening
A95K 65”: below 3.5 lakhs buy depending on sales of above TVs, below 3 lakhs instant buy
Yeah weird it only has 65". I hope 55" is also coming cause I have no need of 65 and dont want to spend so much either.
I think 55” a95k just doesn’t make sense. Paying 3+ lakhs for 55” is pointless. You will be able to buy 65” G2 for cheaper.

$1 to ₹100 would be great. Dollar is already around 80 and add 28% GST to it and you get 100 rupees.

I think A95K 65 under 4 lakhs would be an absolute steal. I wouldn’t get the 55” at 3 lakhs though. You can get LG C1 around 1 lakh and that’s 90% image quality.

A95K 65”: below 3.5 lakhs buy depending on sales of above TVs, below 3 lakhs instant buy

I think 55” a95k just doesn’t make sense. Paying 3+ lakhs for 55” is pointless. You will be able to buy 65” G2 for cheaper.
A G2 65 around 2L will be the best TV to buy this year.
Sony's pricing is a joke.
This year LG has finally caught up with Sony in
processing and there is no point in paying a premium.
LGD supplies 65 inch Oled panels at around 500-600 dollars and when you see the prices of tv around 2.65L just imagine how much the customer is being ripped off.
I think next year we may see Samsung WRGB oled tv at reasonable prices.

S95B would've been my choice also but the latest firmware reduced brightness from 1500nits to 1000nits. I would still buy it at a reasonable price.

I am very confused and hope you can help me out. I love my C9 and its deep contrast and rich colors, but I can also see that its not bright enough in HDR. I am planning to upgrade. S95B at 1500nits peak brightness would've been perfect. But it hasnt launched in India and anyway its now only ~1000nits. Sony A95K, despite heatsink, is still around 1000nits only. G2 is also ~950nits but is wrgb OLED so color brightness is much lesser.
On the other hand I am also considering Samsung QN95B. Peak brightness of >2000nits and much more reasonably priced. But of course its a QLED and not OLED so the deep blacks and infinite contrast will not be there.

What do you suggest? Will the difference in blacks be very noticeable and a severe downgrade if I went for QN95B? Or will the increase in brightness be a worthy bargain? Or should I still go for A95K (despite the ridiculous price) or just settle for G2- and will these be upgrade enough over C9? Looking for 55" only.

Indian prices usually match UK prices on television based on box.co.uk prices are in line with Indian TV prices in some cases lower Such as Samsung QN95B and Sony A80k, So Sony A95K might be around 3.2 as predicated.

A G2 65 around 2L will be the best TV to buy this year.
Sony's pricing is a joke.
This year LG has finally caught up with Sony in
processing and there is no point in paying a premium.
LGD supplies 65 inch Oled panels at around 500-600 dollars and when you see the prices of tv around 2.65L just imagine how much the customer is being ripped off.
I think next year we may see Samsung WRGB oled tv at reasonable prices.
Completely agree. After seeing reviews of LG G2, I'm really really impressed, especially with how bright it gets. From what I've seen, it even beats the A90J from last year handily in a lot of areas.

At around 2 lakhs, it will basically make any other high-end TV pointless.
S95B would've been my choice also but the latest firmware reduced brightness from 1500nits to 1000nits. I would still buy it at a reasonable price.
I don't think the brightness has reduced that much. The earlier firmware might have had white point issues or something and wasn't tracking EOTF correctly. Anyway, Samsung doesn't seem to be releasing that in India. So our choice is made.
I am very confused and hope you can help me out. I love my C9 and its deep contrast and rich colors, but I can also see that its not bright enough in HDR. I am planning to upgrade. S95B at 1500nits peak brightness would've been perfect. But it hasnt launched in India and anyway its now only ~1000nits. Sony A95K, despite heatsink, is still around 1000nits only. G2 is also ~950nits but is wrgb OLED so color brightness is much lesser.
On the other hand I am also considering Samsung QN95B. Peak brightness of >2000nits and much more reasonably priced. But of course its a QLED and not OLED so the deep blacks and infinite contrast will not be there.
Not sure what you mean, but the G2 goes >1000 nits, and is brighter displaying whites than the A95K. Most of your bright HDR scenes are white anyway, so you'll actually notice the G2 looking brighter than any other OLED based TV.

QN90B/95B would be a good choice for a hall TV where you can't control the light that well. But for bedroom/media room TV where you can control the light you will see blooming. I don't see the fascination with blinding brightness. Most movies are mastered between 500-1000 nits anyway. So you won't see that much of a difference.
What do you suggest? Will the difference in blacks be very noticeable and a severe downgrade if I went for QN95B? Or will the increase in brightness be a worthy bargain? Or should I still go for A95K (despite the ridiculous price) or just settle for G2- and will these be upgrade enough over C9? Looking for 55" only.
If I was in your shoes, I'd wait for next year. This year the prices are high and stocks are low. You already have a great TV.

I, unfortunately, have to buy a TV this year, so I can't wait till the next one. I'm mostly looking at the G2. Seen a lot of side by sides, and don't think spending almost twice as much for A95K over G2 is worth it. You're getting 99% PQ for 50-60% price.

I'll probably get a G2 and upgrade to a 77" QD-OLED in a couple of years when prices come down.

Completely agree. After seeing reviews of LG G2, I'm really really impressed, especially with how bright it gets. From what I've seen, it even beats the A90J from last year handily in a lot of areas.

At around 2 lakhs, it will basically make any other high-end TV pointless.

I don't think the brightness has reduced that much. The earlier firmware might have had white point issues or something and wasn't tracking EOTF correctly. Anyway, Samsung doesn't seem to be releasing that in India. So our choice is made.

Not sure what you mean, but the G2 goes >1000 nits, and is brighter displaying whites than the A95K. Most of your bright HDR scenes are white anyway, so you'll actually notice the G2 looking brighter than any other OLED based TV.

QN90B/95B would be a good choice for a hall TV where you can't control the light that well. But for bedroom/media room TV where you can control the light you will see blooming. I don't see the fascination with blinding brightness. Most movies are mastered between 500-1000 nits anyway. So you won't see that much of a difference.

If I was in your shoes, I'd wait for next year. This year the prices are high and stocks are low. You already have a great TV.

I, unfortunately, have to buy a TV this year, so I can't wait till the next one. I'm mostly looking at the G2. Seen a lot of side by sides, and don't think spending almost twice as much for A95K over G2 is worth it. You're getting 99% PQ for 50-60% price.

I'll probably get a G2 and upgrade to a 77" QD-OLED in a couple of years when prices come down.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I also actually need to get a new TV this year only as hall TV has died (it was a poor Vu) so planning to move C9 from bedroom to hall and get new one for bedroom. From your analysis I am also very convinced about the G2 too now. No point in spending almost double, as you rightly pointed out. But if S95B suddenly emerged in India at a reasonable price, then the game would be on again.

My fascination for brightness comes because I mainly use these TVs for video games, where brightness can reach far higher than 1000nits I suppose.

My fascination for brightness comes because I mainly use these TVs for video games, where brightness can reach far higher than 1000nits I suppose.
For video games, G2 and C2 are the best options anyway. They support G-sync/freesync and have 4 HDMI 2.1 ports. LCDs will have far higher response times and aren't great for gaming.
Thank you for the detailed reply. I also actually need to get a new TV this year only as hall TV has died (it was a poor Vu) so planning to move C9 from bedroom to hall and get new one for bedroom. From your analysis I am also very convinced about the G2 too now. No point in spending almost double, as you rightly pointed out.
In that case, why not just keep the C9 for the bedroom (which goes dim I suppose and doesn't need high brightness) and get a QN90B for the hall? That high brightness will really shine and dazzle in a hall.
But if S95B suddenly emerged in India at a reasonable price, then the game would be on again.
S95B has its own compromises.
  • Samsung frequently breaks PQ and features with firmware updates and a lot of things don't work correctly. For example, automatic colour gamut doesn't work on Samsung, as it doesn't switch. May get fixed with an update, but it's been an issue for over a year now.
  • No Dolby Vision.
  • Tizen is slow and shit compared to WebOS and android TV. You basically need an Apple TV 4k for it.
  • Samsung's image processing (upscaling and motion) is behind LG and Sony
It's the best PQ for money no doubt, and I'd still probably take it over the G2 for the PQ. But their software is holding the TV back and it's not a slam dunk.

For video games, G2 and C2 are the best options anyway. They support G-sync/freesync and have 4 HDMI 2.1 ports. LCDs will have far higher response times and aren't great for gaming.

Gaming features wise LG TVs have everything you could ever want, true. Even the C9 has all of these features and it has been great.

In that case, why not just keep the C9 for the bedroom (which goes dim I suppose and doesn't need high brightness) and get a QN90B for the hall? That high brightness will really shine and dazzle in a hall.

I am being selfish. I only use bedroom TV and family uses hall TV. I want an upgrade so will use new one for myself and move C9 to hall. Though now that I think about it, I could get a cheaper TV for hall and no one would care, while I upgrade C9 maybe next year. Choices...I suppose I will just wait for Diwali and see what deals are available and then decide.

S95B has its own compromises.
  • Samsung frequently breaks PQ and features with firmware updates and a lot of things don't work correctly. For example, automatic colour gamut doesn't work on Samsung, as it doesn't switch. May get fixed with an update, but it's been an issue for over a year now.
  • No Dolby Vision.
  • Tizen is slow and shit compared to WebOS and android TV. You basically need an Apple TV 4k for it.
  • Samsung's image processing (upscaling and motion) is behind LG and Sony
It's the best PQ for money no doubt, and I'd still probably take it over the G2 for the PQ. But their software is holding the TV back and it's not a slam dunk.

Goes to show there is no perfect TV.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back