Sony OLED A90J or QD EOLED A95K Launch in India

I am being selfish. I only use bedroom TV and family uses hall TV. I want an upgrade so will use new one for myself and move C9 to hall. Though now that I think about it, I could get a cheaper TV for hall and no one would care, while I upgrade C9 maybe next year. Choices...I suppose I will just wait for Diwali and see what deals are available and then decide.
In that case you can get something like a Mi QLED 75" for the hall. It reaches 1000 nits and is FALD. I'm sure your family will appreciate the 75" screen size over 55/65" QN90B despite the worse PQ.
Goes to show there is no perfect TV.
I think the A95K is pretty close, it's just the Sony tax + Sony India tax makes it really unattractive.

Gaming features wise LG TVs have everything you could ever want, true. Even the C9 has all of these features and it has been great.

I am being selfish. I only use bedroom TV and family uses hall TV. I want an upgrade so will use new one for myself and move C9 to hall. Though now that I think about it, I could get a cheaper TV for hall and no one would care, while I upgrade C9 maybe next year. Choices...I suppose I will just wait for Diwali and see what deals are available and then decide.

Goes to show there is no perfect TV.
C9 is actually the last of the product line of LG to have codec support to passthrough DTS (Plus inbuilt dts support too). If you have a home theater with DTS supporting AVR and a bluray disk, C9 is the complete package. C9 is vintage classic and as a whole package in audio plus reasonable video is actually the last of the mohicans. Dont give it for a cheap price. Below is g2's verdict by rtings which clearly shows lack of dts support. https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/g2-oled

C9 is actually the last of the product line of LG to have codec support to passthrough DTS (Plus inbuilt dts support too). If you have a home theater with DTS supporting AVR and a bluray disk, C9 is the complete package. C9 is vintage classic and as a whole package in audio plus reasonable video is actually the last of the mohicans. Dont give it for a cheap price. Below is g2's verdict by rtings which clearly shows lack of dts support. https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/g2-oled

There is no doubt it was the single most feature packed TV when it launched in 2019. 4 HDMI 2.1 full 48gbps VRR ports, gsync, freesync was almost unheard of then. LGs own next OLEDs were downgrades in some aspect (DTS for one, as you mentioned). It was built for future and will remain an excellent TV for some time still.

If only I was not a sucker for any upgrade in picture quality. But I have decided to hold my horses for now. Will wait till Diwali and then will decide accordingly.

Guys what is the situation with LG G2 stand? You have to pay for it extra and in USA it is sold on the website for $150 but there is no such availability on the LG India website. Link:

Guys what is the situation with LG G2 stand? You have to pay for it extra and in USA it is sold on the website for $150 but there is no such availability on the LG India website. Link:

And even that super expensive stand is not great. Its wobbly and doesnt fit properly (source:
). They really want you to wall mount it only.

This year is a clown show for us in India.
  • S95B is not coming to India
  • A95K is super expensive and only available in 65" version
  • G2 doesnt come with a stand at all
So what the hell do I buy as a person who wants to keep the TV on a table? I guess I'll wait for next year.

And even that super expensive stand is not great. Its wobbly and doesnt fit properly (source:
). They really want you to wall mount it only.

This year is a clown show for us in India.
  • S95B is not coming to India
  • A95K is super expensive and only available in 65" version
  • G2 doesnt come with a stand at all
So what the hell do I buy as a person who wants to keep the TV on a table? I guess I'll wait for next year.
for Stands - options are available
21rEkD8xxpL.jpg

Sony A95K wins value electronics 4K shootout, and with some margin and in every category. Just when I thought I was over my obsession with this TV and was moving towards buying a G2. :(

af998857-ae9e-4221-bc48-a0378da2dc86-png.3314784

Sony A95K wins value electronics 4K shootout, and with some margin and in every category. Just when I thought I was over my obsession with this TV and was moving towards buying a G2. :(

...was there any best of 4k gaming mode? ( i.e. all without any processing at TV mode - I usually set the options at PC/HTPC )

The gap seems big only for SDR. For HDR where PQ really matters the gap seems tiny. I’ve seen plenty reviews and side by sides between them. The gap in a dark room is really small.

G2 65 is already getting quoted for 2.5-2.6 lakhs. By Dussehra it will be close to 2L, which will be less than half the price of A95K.

The gap seems big only for SDR. For HDR where PQ really matters the gap seems tiny. I’ve seen plenty reviews and side by sides between them. The gap in a dark room is really small.

G2 65 is already getting quoted for 2.5-2.6 lakhs. By Dussehra it will be close to 2L, which will be less than half the price of A95K.

I guess 1.5L for 55" G2 at Diwali?
Thats a great price and then a 55" A95K (if it comes at all to India) would be a very hard sell at around 2.5-3L.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back