Sony zx5 edge led lcd

adder

well looks like sony has finaly anounced the sucessor to the ZX1,called the ZX5.it uses a 09 lcd panel,BE3 wireless 1080p,240hz motion flow.but for now its only for japan.going by the way the sony first edge led lcd the ZX1 made its way to india,expect this to be launched in india around next year.currently will be launched next month in japan priced at Rs2.8lakh for 46inch.

20090906-sony_kdl-46zx5.jpg

also anounced currently for europe is the new V5800, W5800, And Z5800 Triple-Tuner Bravia HDTVs.

these tvs have built in DVB-S2 HD reciever so u can connect it directly to the KU-BAND dish like the one u get in tata sky,big tv,dish tv etc and can get all the free to air SD and HD channels.
they also have a built in DVB-C reciever which is roughly equivalent to ur cable wala set top box but with HD capability and its a sony.
they also have a built in DVB-T reciever which u find in some mobile phones and some german cars.currently in india we only get doordarshan.

these tvs do have a CI+ slot and cam slot,so u can just plug in tata sky or big tv etc dth or siti cable/hathway etc smart card and get their channels.
but in india if its launched it won't be much of use ,since for eg we cant even use lets say a Tata sky smart card with BIG TV set top box or vice versa.
although TRAI(telecom regulatory authority of india) has asked the service providers to offer intercompatabilty, so that one can use their existing set top box and just buy the smart card of any dth provider or cable tv provider ,their by eliminating the need to buy the entire dish/set top box of another provider.
the matter is currently in court.although big tv and airtel have agreed tata sky and dish tv haven't agreed.since their set top box are only mpeg2 capable.where as big tv is MPEG4 and MPEG2 capable,airtel is the same but its even DVB-S2 ready.

Last edited:
are they still getting thier panels from samsung?

Lcd's are just real bad when it comes to picture quality so 2.8lac for a LCD that to a sony is just pointless.

are they still getting thier panels from samsung?

Lcd's are just real bad when it comes to picture quality so 2.8lac for a LCD that to a sony is just pointless.

well they get it from samsung or from AUO.well the PQ of lcd vs others goes on and on and again no point in saying PQ of lcd is bad without reasons.don't forget that sony XBR8/X450A is still the lcd to beat,the samsung/sony edge led doesn't come close.

well they get it from samsung or from AUO.well the PQ of lcd vs others goes on and on and again no point in saying PQ of lcd is bad without reasons.don't forget that sony XBR8/X450A is still the lcd to beat,the samsung/sony edge led doesn't come close.

I saw that Sony in singapore and was not impressed.no matter how i look i see grains and patches in dark scene and the 2d wallpaper effect ,motion lag in most of the LCD's ive seen.

the reason XBR8/X450A is famous cause its famous in USA and american's love sony(dont know for what reason). the only LCD i saw in singapore that had good pic quality was a limited edition thin LCD by sharp(dont kow the model number).

i dont believe in specs or review but i believe in what i see. when it comes to flat panels the kuro remains my favorite and next are plasma's from Panasonic and samsung.

I saw that Sony in singapore and was not impressed.no matter how i look i see grains and patches in dark scene and the 2d wallpaper effect ,motion lag in most of the LCD's ive seen.

the reason XBR8/X450A is famous cause its famous in USA and american's love sony(dont know for what reason). the only LCD i saw in singapore that had good pic quality was a limited edition thin LCD by sharp(dont kow the model number).

i dont believe in specs or review but i believe in what i see. when it comes to flat panels the kuro remains my favorite and next are plasma's from Panasonic and samsung.

well there could be number of reasons why u didn't like the sony,but the X450A is currently the best lcd performance wise.it has far superior image processing,contrast and sound quality.sony has one of the least amount of input lag lesser then rival VA based lcd like samsung,sharp.
BTW sony is not liked by all americans,there are equal number of people who hate it just because its a premium brand.btw

well there could be number of reasons why u didn't like the sony,but the X450A is currently the best lcd performance wise.it has far superior image processing,contrast and sound quality.sony has one of the least amount of input lag lesser then rival VA based lcd like samsung,sharp.
BTW sony is not liked by all americans,there are equal number of people who hate it just because its a premium brand.btw

where did you audition the X450A ? what LCD's did you compare it with?

who says that Sony is the best LCD performance wise?

why does sound quality have anything to do with LCD performance?

You seem like a big Sony fan. Sony LCD's have failed to impress me and i feel its just overpriced average japasese electronics(like BOSE).

where did you audition the X450A ? what LCD's did you compare it with?

who says that Sony is the best LCD performance wise?

why does sound quality have anything to do with LCD performance?

You seem like a big Sony fan. Sony LCD's have failed to impress me and i feel its just overpriced average japasese electronics(like BOSE).

well i have seen sony x450A in sony world,radio house and in stores in dubai,
if the sony lcds fails to impress u well thats fine,part of the reason is that you are comparing bose to sony,so i guess u don't like premium brands irrespective of their performance.
if my opinion is subjective about sony X450A being the better one.well then their are lots of reviews out there that points out the same,u can't say everyone is lying.well in a lcd tv the overall performance also includes the sound quality apart from the already class leading PQ.
u must also note that sony even if they use a third party lcd panel,only some of the components are used,they use their own proprietary glass panels,backlight,color filter apart from the electronics.so if they do use a sharp panel in the future u may well find that the sharp tvs suck but sony just shines.so you have to see the overall package.if u like the sharp tvs u saw,then good for u.

Last edited:
so i guess u don't like premium brands irrespective of their performance.
lots of reviews out there that points out the same,u can't say everyone is lying.

Sony and Bose are not premium brands.I don't hate premium brands(i own a lot of so-called premium brand products) i just hate brands which sell because they have a familiar name tag.

what can i say about the reviews,Hmm.. i just believe in what i see from comparing similar products across different brands.Not much of a believer in paid reviews.

i don't like LCD's anyways, As long as i am happy with the kuro i would care real less abt LCD's.

i am off this discussion now, cheers!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back