Speakers for ONKYO TX-NR636

harpreetz

I brought Onkyo's 636 from my trip to Bangkok recentely and now iam looking for a 7.1 speaker setup. 636 is Atmos compatible,hence, will add couple of front-firing speakers also.

My room size is 25ft x 15ft, though the listening posting will be in the center only.
My use is 90% for movies and budget is upto 50K.

Till now i have only auditioned Elac at Onkyo's CR Park outlet.

Need some expert advice on speaker selection here.

Thanks.

Most home theater amps dont like drifters or other speakers that are rated as hard to drive or power hungry. Having said that, there is a lot of speakers that would work. Anything with a soft dome tweeter, or a mylar or a horn or a piezo (just avoid ribbons).
And the rest of it - 2 way, 3 way, 4 way and a simple second order XO.
That's the general theory, I dont know what is available but take this for what its worth.

Cool.
Srinath.

If movies is priority look at polk if on budget. Please post if you are ready for upgrade in step by step. In this you will get a much much better sounding setup over time. My polk 5.1 package costed rs. 51000/- and if you add two more to it the cost goes upto rs. 63000/- roughly. If you go step by step you can check out dali zensor series which is well regarded in this forum. Audition different brands and then check which sound you like you can then plan your purchase accordingly.

Congrats and how much did you buy the 636 for?

Are you looking for a 5.1.2 Atmos layout with 2 speakers on the ceiling (or) do you have some other thought for a 7.1 setup ?

If movies is priority look at polk if on budget. Please post if you are ready for upgrade in step by step. In this you will get a much much better sounding setup over time. My polk 5.1 package costed rs. 51000/- and if you add two more to it the cost goes upto rs. 63000/- roughly. If you go step by step you can check out dali zensor series which is well regarded in this forum. Audition different brands and then check which sound you like you can then plan your purchase accordingly.

I can start with a 5.1 set up right now and can add two more later on. I believe the Polk package you are using is also mentioned in your sign, definitely will Google it also. Any feedback on Bose 5.1 set up? i know it will cross 50K mark, but it is worth ?

Congrats and how much did you buy the 636 for?

Are you looking for a 5.1.2 Atmos layout with 2 speakers on the ceiling (or) do you have some other thought for a 7.1 setup ?

636 costed me close to 42K, i think i will start with 5.1 right now, and later on i can add two more for atmos layout. i will probably go with front firing speakers instead of ceiling

Bose i believe is overpriced. You can view previous threads as its a very frequently answered question on the forum. However an audition will clear your doubts as to whether bose is worth what you spend or no. Would say a floorstanders/bookshelf+subwoofer combo would work much much better than the small sats+sub.

I have auditioned the Wharfedales 121 bs in Delhi along with the following:

Front : Diamond 121 BS
Center: Diamond 10.CS Centre
Surround: Diamond 10.DFS
SW:150 SW

The entire set up is costing close to 75K at 25% on HiFimart
Wharfedale Diamond 122 5.1 Home-Theatre Speaker Package

I liked the sound.Good Thump.
Any suggestions/feedback on this set up?

I will start with 5.1 set up right now and later add two Atmos Speakers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back