Speakers , Which one, Yet Another

sound_cycle

Hi,

My setup is WD TV -> PM 6005 -> ?

I recently sold my Sonodyne 2605 on grounds of yeh dil mange more/ upgraditis.

Budget 30 - 50k. I think a bs would suit me better (room is a tube). Purely music only

I have been reading on hfv and it's the Dalis I think that I would be interested in (though that is by no means final as I have not heard them)

I found this thread http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/50470-search-entry-level-floorstanders-dali-zensor-7-a.html and have mailed vector, Hyderabad to see if they have the zs3/5 in stock. The zs5 is available on technoguru but an arranged by internet marriage is not that appealing the second time around:eek:

Are there any other speakers I should consider ?

ciao
gr

The first of X auditions.

PMed and FM and learnt that the Dali could be auditioned at Vector.

In all my years in Hyd have not had the courage to park at Chutney's/ Nagarjuna Circle so went off to the Road No 45 showroom instead where we were offered nice cold water. But nothing for audition. So we reluctantly drove to the other place.
They did have the Zensor 7 and they were open past their closing time because they were told we are visiting.

Is a small place, the son claimed it was the first time he was inside a microwave oven. First we listened to the Zensor 7 (Indian Ocean CD (Jhini) and the Krishna Hangal played on a Pioneer (?) CDP via a Yamaha amp) and then some Heco affair which were the only speakers they had in the ~ 50k range. I would have loved to listen to some of the other stuff I had carted along or the 6005 but it was too late.

The space was too constricted (I guess) for any image to mesmerize us. Gosh! inside of appliance (the boy gets carried it is not like we live in a palace or something) or not Bhor felt like front of the audience with some rimzim. I could have flown out of there with the worm ... but they had only the audition wale speakers. a 3 or 5 or 7 would have to be ordered.

They Dali Zensor 7 were >>>>> than the Hecos which were >>>>> than the 2605s. note: the Hecos were on another rig with a 6004 driving the sound.

to be continued ....

ciao
gr

Last edited:
The space was too constricted (I guess) for any image to mesmerize us. Gosh! inside of appliance (the boy gets carried it is not like we live in a palace or something) or not Bhor felt like front of the audience with some rimzim. I could have flown out of there with the worm ... but they had only the audition wale speakers.

I guess you liked the Zensor 7s
But I cant understand head or tail or the paragraph above

PMed and FM and learnt that the Dali could be auditioned at Vector.

In all my years in Hyd have not had the courage to park at Chutney's/ Nagarjuna Circle so went off to the Road No 45 showroom instead where we were offered nice cold water. But nothing for audition. So we reluctantly drove to the other place.
They did have the Zensor 7 and they were open past their closing time because they were told we are visiting.

Is a small place, the son claimed it was the first time he was inside a microwave oven. First we listened to the Zensor 7 (Indian Ocean CD (Jhini) and the Krishna Hangal played on a Pioneer (?) CDP via a Yamaha amp) and then some Heco affair which were the only speakers they had in the ~ 50k range. I would have loved to listen to some of the other stuff I had carted along or the 6005 but it was too late.

The space was too constricted (I guess) for any image to mesmerize us. Gosh! inside of appliance (the boy gets carried it is not like we live in a palace or something) or not Bhor felt like front of the audience with some rimzim. I could have flown out of there with the worm ... but they had only the audition wale speakers. a 3 or 5 or 7 would have to be ordered.

They Dali Zensor 7 were >>>>> than the Hecos which were >>>>> than the 2605s. note: the Hecos were on another rig with a 6004 driving the sound.

to be continued ....

ciao
gr

Sorry to say but I too couldn't conclude what you were trying to point out!! Me too looking for Zensor 7 and else too in hyd. I totally agree with the parking constrains at nagarjuna circle :) .I wish it could of little help if u can elaborate the same above. My apologies for the trouble.

Hi,

My setup is WD TV -> PM 6005 -> ?

I recently sold my Sonodyne 2605 on grounds of yeh dil mange more/ upgraditis.

Budget 30 - 50k. I think a bs would suit me better (room is a tube). Purely music only

I have been reading on hfv and it's the Dalis I think that I would be interested in (though that is by no means final as I have not heard them)

I found this thread http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/50470-search-entry-level-floorstanders-dali-zensor-7-a.html and have mailed vector, Hyderabad to see if they have the zs3/5 in stock. The zs5 is available on technoguru but an arranged by internet marriage is not that appealing the second time around:eek:

Are there any other speakers I should consider ?

ciao
gr

If you are particular about soundstage then every other brand will dissapoint you in this price range except PSB.

Cheers
Dheeraj

I guess you liked the Zensor 7s
But I cant understand head or tail or the paragraph above

Not to worry you got the only important bit there. Let me try again though

<safely ignore>
The showroom is in a very trafficky part of the city. The roof is low, there is a glass cabin within the audition room and a horrible tiled floor, a mirror on one side and noisy ac unit. It made my son remark that it was rather like being inside a microwave oven. I had with me some music on a USB drive and only one CD, Indian Ocean's Jhini. The first track on that is Bhor (which at one level is a a track about a bird that does not want to fly and gets high on honey - hence the catch the worm reference. Rimzim is I guess a magic mystery substance - referred to on the indian ocean website - that superlative cables or electronics apparently allow you to experience, as if you are at the event next to the performers. I was temporarily smitten with the Z7 and would have made an impulse buy if they had one on sale. Vague attempts at humor)
</safely ignore>

The space at vector is simply too constricted to really conclude anything. I liked the clarity on the Z7 but The big soundstage and nice lows I was expecting did not happen. I put it down to the room/ recording. Dheeraj makes an interesting point.

The only speakers in my price range (~50k) was the Heco Victa Prime 502, which I did not like. They can order the z3 (33k) or z5 (55k), but no auditions though

I will try and make sure I get an audition of the PSB and other speakers if possible. In Chennai where I will be for a couple of days the next week, Hyd seems pretty dry for audition possibilities from what I can make out. Any clues on where to find the PSB in either city would be much appreciated

BTW Is it true that standmounts would do better at soundstage/ imaging than a [similarly priced] fs ?

I also wonder how (in general) would a middle of one line fs (say a zensor 5) compare with a bs (say an ikon2) from the line above it.

ciao
gr

Last edited:
I really feel the Zensor 7 is a bit over hyped, it doesn't live upto the expectations, the Dia 10.7 sounded better.

The Dali Ikons will impress you, should consider the ikon2, if possible the B&W 600 series bookshelves, they are all around ur budget

I will try and make sure I get an audition of the PSB and other speakers if possible. In Chennai where I will be for a couple of days the next week, Hyd seems pretty dry for audition possibilities from what I can make out. Any clues on where to find the PSB in either city would be much appreciated

BTW Is it true that standmounts would do better at soundstage/ imaging than a [similarly priced] fs ?

ciao
gr

For the dealerinformation in Your city check this link Lakozy Electronics & Services and call them for the pricing also.
Bookshelves have balanced sound compared to FS sometimes, not always as FS tend to overpower Bass.

Hi

Managed to get to Home Cinema @ KPHB yesterday.

(I am usually driving against that returning from hi tech to nizampet traffic not with it. what a revelation I'm glad I'm going the other way every evening !)

They had a decent listening room - it is a home theater and possibly on the plusher side of things.

The bookshelfs they had were the PSB B6 (40K) and the B&W 686 (51K). The could demo the PSB.

It did not jump off and say "pick me, buy me"

They also played a class a tube amped (melody) + eggleston (?) rig. And I said to myself "so that's what the real deal is about". I had heard Jhini and Bhor so many times, but never that way.

That leaves only the B&W to audition elsewhere in the city (vector does not have it, HC@KPHB does not)

I know I am begining to sound like Shania Twain "That don't impress me much" and that I don't quite have the looks to pull that off.

next ? Chennai. maybe. Reading up all I can on Dimpled tweeters

ciao
gr

Where do I get branded speakers in Chennai- any particular shops to buy new one book shelf speakers around 20k

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back