Suggestions needed for giving provision for Rear spkrs and pls comment on my setup

siva283

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks a lot for this wonderful forum.

I have been a silent reader of this forum for almost a year now and have been patiently waiting to buy a HT for me. I started of with a plan with buying an Onkyo-3400 and increased by budget to around 90K for the setup.

My new house is under construction and i am planning to setup my HT in my Living room(Hall) which is 16 ft X 17 ft.

The setup i have in mind for my budget is a Yamaha RX-V471 or RX-V373 AVR with a JBL studio one speaker package.

Studio 180 FS - Front
120C - Center
STUDIO 140P - SUB
CONTROL ONE/STUDIO 130 BS - Rear

I am new bee to HTs and have no idea on setting it up. Would need the help of experts to make provision for speaker setup while the house is under construction. I think only for Rear speakers piping has to be done to bring the wires to the rear wall. Below are some of my questions.

1. What would be the ideal height to place the rear speakers? Please suggest for the mentioned setup.

2. I am planning to keep the speakers with 8 ft gap in between. Is this fine for the room with 16 ft width?

3. Also will it be sufficient if i place a PVP pipe with diameter of 3/4 inch to bring the wire from the AVR to rear wall?

4. Also comment on my setup.

Thanks in advance
Sivaram

Re: Suggestions needed for giving provision for Rear spkrs and pls comment on my setu

would be great if someone helps me.. pls let me know if i have posted in a wrong section..

Re: Suggestions needed for giving provision for Rear spkrs and pls comment on my setu

thank you kittu!!

and any comments on my choice of speaker and avr combination.. will these 2 go good??

i had a demo of JBL Studio one with HK-134 receiver and liked its sound signature.. as HK-134 has not got audio over HDMI, i thought of looking for some other receiver for these speaker... would yamaha receiver rx-v373 or rx-v471 be good enough for these speakers?

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back