Suggestions to improve sound clarity based on REW

Hello All,

I am new to using REW. I did a few measurements with different subwoofer placement and crossover. Got good results.
Next, I am trying to reduce reverb time as my room is small (11*11) clarity is lacking.

Do we have any service in India that can suggest acoustic panels based on the REW measurements? I don't want to do a complete room treatment but looking for a minimal treatment.

Attaching REW waterfall and Spectrograph screenshots here. Please do suggest if there are obvious problems and any improvement I can make by moving speakers or listening positions.

Here is the complete measurement set attached in Google Drive.

Spectrogram.jpg

CentreChannel-Freq.jpgWaterfall.jpg

Hello All,

I am new to using REW. I did a few measurements with different subwoofer placement and crossover. Got good results.
Next, I am trying to reduce reverb time as my room is small (11*11) clarity is lacking.

Do we have any service in India that can suggest acoustic panels based on the REW measurements? I don't want to do a complete room treatment but looking for a minimal treatment.

Attaching REW waterfall and Spectrograph screenshots here. Please do suggest if there are obvious problems and any improvement I can make by moving speakers or listening positions.

Here is the complete measurement set attached in Google Drive.

View attachment 83553

View attachment 83554View attachment 83555
Hi :)

Iam no acoustics expert. But have a passing understanding of what the above graphs are showing. Basically, there is a very high reverb time in the room from 20 hz to almost 3 khz. And there is again high reverb from 8 khz onwards. Having bass issues in small rooms is common, but this room is notorious all across the spectrum 🤣 .

I would suspect that this is a bare walled room with very little in way of furnishings, and very echoey. As the issues are all over, and not limited to one frequency band, you can start by adding broadband absorbers as generously as possible. Ideally, bass absorbers in the corners, and broad band absorbers at first reflection points is the way to start.

If you dont wan to experiment and go through a long drawn trial and error process, you can send a drawing of your room along with your above measurements to GIK acoustics or vicoustic. And they will send you a detailed plan of what to place where from their collection of acoustic treatments.

Alternately, you can also reach out to auralex at the below link. And they will also suggest how exactly to proceed with their available treatments. This will be better than trial and error. All the best :)

By the way, please dont let the poor measurements let you down. I had the "bada battar baap" of all rooms, and I managed to sort it out to a certain extent. It sounds so much better now. I guess bad rooms are a blessing in disguise, as they force us to treat, which then becomes a free upgrade to whatever kit you add next.

I would suspect that this is a bare walled room
You are spot on. There is no additional furniture other than chairs and foot stool.
of your room along with your above measurements to GIK acoustics
do they operate in India as well? I did fill their form. Awaiting for their response.
This will be better than trial and error. All the best
yeah that’s the plan. Thanks.

And i did upgrade my AVR to x3800h which has better Audyssey. It did improve a bit but not sure exactly what it has done, yet to take measurements with REW.

You are spot on. There is no additional furniture other than chairs and foot stool.

do they operate in India as well? I did fill their form. Awaiting for their response.

yeah that’s the plan. Thanks.

And i did upgrade my AVR to x3800h which has better Audyssey. It did improve a bit but not sure exactly what it has done, yet to take measurements with REW.
GIK's dealers in India are audionote India, located in Mumbai. But not sure if GIK extend their free consultation services in our country. I doubt even if vicoustics does that. So the best bet is auralexchange.

Audyssey cant do anything much with respect to decay and reverb times. Though it will try to even out some peaks in the frequency response to the extent possible, and try to time align and level balance all the speakers. But no dsp can correct room reverberant behaviour. It will take physical treatment to tame those Iam afraid.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back