Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

Okay. I got a call from the customer care guy. And I just booked two boxes for 3999 each. Payment made, box will be delivered within 48 hours to my place in Bangalore. One will be installed there and the other I'll be getting it to Mangalore. :):yahoo:

Another update. Just received a call from a local tata sky outlet. Delivery at 2PM today!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed the order too for the mega pack; credit card didn't go through because if ivr; paid extra for cash

Haven't received call from local dealer yet

I called them last night and they said 2599 for hd box with no pvr, even when I said I wanted one with recording. Are they trying to sell old stuff to me?

Called up CC. The lady said that only the promos are being aired and they don't have it right now and they will inform me once they get it. :(

I told her that it is being installed in Bangalore and Mumbai, she asked her senior and told me that it is being installed on experiment basis to test if there is any problem or not.

I guess CC executives in North India have not been updated.

Chennai booking opened 15 mins back.

Called up CC, paid 3999 with ICICI card, grand package + HD free. Installation tom before 4 pm.

Now fingers crossed :)

I've just booked the HD-DVR as well. It is all coming together quite nicely. haven't been told of installation date/time yet, they guy said it'll be within the next 48 hrs.. :yahoo:

I didnt get the grand pacakge + HD free :(
talking to CC now, is that only for the new consumers? thats really sad! they are not giving benefits to existing customers!!!

North India CC sucks, I have been trying to get some information from them and all they have to say is ....Sir, we dont have any nfo on this and AFA they know TS+ HD isnt been launched in INDIA, let alone south India .... :( ...... and when I said I have people confirming booking for the same, I get the same crap reply we dont have any information and the people I am giving example must be booking TS HD and not TS + HD .....lolzz Cheezz ...what kind of crap CC we have here in north .........

PS :: Damm the lady says, I am lying about any such installation taking place in South India....... look at the nerve ...... I am writing a complain mail to Tatasky .... damm their CC .....

Last edited:
Any update so far?? Any offers for existing customers??

Edit:: Online with CC now. They are helping me to place and order now (told me that I'm one of the first folks to order i blr - they launched it a few minutes back - good customer handling skills this lady's got).
hope to see HD soon ;)
shall update you with my experieance once it arrives.

Unfotunately the CC in Delhi does not have any clue if it has been launched, then they are telling me that you can see the details on the net but we don't have any details of it being launched as of now...then again they confirm that it has been launched but you will get only in a few months time.

How efficient

So, guys who are gettting Grand + HD packs for first month, would they be able to watch the worldcup matches they record during grand + HD (free) subscription when they move to mega or anything else in the future after one month (that shouldnt be a prblem if you continue with the grand pack)? My guess is, they may not unless TS changes their policies.

I got a call too for installation. I told them to come tomorrow! I took the mega pack and ird for rs 10,000; no discount as it's on cash

lolzzz...after like 15 minutes of my mail I got a call from the head office who said its been launched and you will get a call from the local head office to give you the details for the same and probably take my booking as well ...... lets seeeeee

whats the mega pack and cost ?

It is Rs 6,000 for the whole year or Rs 3,300 for 6 months. It will have all the channels available on Tata Sky (191 channels) except the Topper package + you get 6 or 12 free movies for 6 months and 1 year subscription respectively.

Last edited:
It is Rs 6,000 for the whole year or Rs 3,300 for 6 months. It will have all the channels available on Tata Sky (191 channels) except the Topper package + you get 6 or 12 free movies for 6 months and 1 year subscription respectively.

Thats right, plus any new channels that get added also get added free of charge. Thats the reason why Ten Cricket(some time back) and now the HD channels get added free of charge.

Thats right, plus any new channels that get added also get added free of charge. Thats the reason why Ten Cricket(some time back) and now the HD channels get added free of charge.

All this for 6k per annum ? :rolleyes: now why did the customer care did not call me ? :mad:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back