Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

Any one looking for 2 HD boxes airtel ? My contract expires on 16th ... :p:rolleyes: me switching to TATA SKY ;) .....

And to say that I had ordered Tata Sky HD box just 5 days back here in Delhi. Thank GOD the dealer did not have it in stock. Had the box been delivered to me I would have felt terrible today.

I got to know of the HD PVR just an hour ago while surfing on my mobile while coming back from work. The first thing I did after reaching home was to call up the Tata Sky helpline. The ccp executive confirmed the launch of the box. Asked the guy to take the order.

Got the OTP password instantly for my Citibank Card by sending the SMS then & there. Have ordered the box for a shocking price of Rs 3999. And to say that a 500gb hdd costs 3000 bucks. So ideally speaking the cost of the box comes out to practically 1k. Must say - Steal of a deal.

The ccp executive has confirmed that the WORLD CUP will be broadcast in HD.

Just to add that I have the mega pack installed for the last 2 years and renewed the subscription in september for an year for 5500 Rs. As per some of the above posts it appears that the price has been increased to 6000. (NOT COOL).

The installation is scheduled for Saturday. Will update.

Any exchange offers going on for customers with older HD/SD STB?

Nope, i enquired the CC guys and they dont have an option, so went ahead and placed an order for the new connection for Tata Sky + HD as i was looking for one more connection for my parents, will give the hd box to them and i will keep the HD+.

Finally my order also got through. They have assured me that it will be installed within 48 hours. :)

Ketan...please post pics of the rear of the box. I (and I'm sure many others too) am interested in knowing what connections it has available. I'm sure HDMI out, Component out, Optical out will be standard, but still would like to make sure. Also, they will provide an HDMI cable in the box right, coz the plain HD box had an HDMI cable.

I have ordered it myself, and it will be coming home on Saturday. Can't wait.

placed the order today - was told will be installed within 48 hours, as others have reported! :)

Now need to decide whether I move my existing TS+ box to the other room (or plain dump it someplace since no exchange offer is available.

For those interested in pictures to know connections etc, teh Tata sky website has a user manual available that has all the details. Here is the link!

http://www.tataskyplus.com/user-guide-hd.pdf

Guys,

Just now placed an order through IVR. I had wanted a PVR for quite long and its going to be worth the wait. I shall be replacing the standard STB one in my bedroom with this HD+, I have an HD in the main room and am impressed with it. Now, I need not have any tussle with my better half on watching the programmes - with one set exclusively for my mother.
Delivery promised in two days - Saturday/ Sunday!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited:
Sorry Friend. No exchange offer available. Bite the bullet of complete amount and order one.

Nope, i enquired the CC guys and they dont have an option, so went ahead and placed an order for the new connection for Tata Sky + HD as i was looking for one more connection for my parents, will give the hd box to them and i will keep the HD+.

Thanks for letting me know...
Nope...I'm not gonna order one since I'm not at all a TV guy.. Just taken the HD-STB a few weeks back due to constant pressure from the high command and nowhere near happy with the quality of the so-called HD content on TS. But definitely I'd not have had any problem paying Rs.1500 more and getting a better hardware (HD PVR) only if it was available then...Enjoy guys...

Cool pricing :D
I dont have credit card , does this mean i cant buy one ??
Can I buy it using internet banking ?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back