Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

It seems all of India is to be covered before the WC cricket starts. According to TS call center, yesterday morning it was only Mumbai and Delhi, all Metro states were added in the evening.

Lets see where they go today. I think they are working on the logistics of supply of the box. Hope they come to Ajmer immediately!!

It seems all of India is to be covered before the WC cricket starts. According to TS call center, yesterday morning it was only Mumbai and Delhi, all Metro states were added in the evening.

Lets see where they go today. I think they are working on the logistics of supply of the box. Hope they come to Ajmer immediately!!

Last edited by a moderator:
its really bad for existing subscribers of TS HD (i m one of them) they dont have any exchange or discount for them, now i m hating tata sky for this.

I was just evaluating the pricing of these boxes (+ dish + LNB) and they seem to be fabulously priced by TataSky. I work in the field of Hardware Design and I find it hard to beat this terrific end-customer pricing.

Are there any hidden contracts or do we completely own the product from day one?

Tata Sky's servers are down and are not accepting new requests. They've arranged a call back once they're up.

Ketan...please post pics of the rear of the box. I (and I'm sure many others too) am interested in knowing what connections it has available. I'm sure HDMI out, Component out, Optical out will be standard, but still would like to make sure. Also, they will provide an HDMI cable in the box right, coz the plain HD box had an HDMI cable.

I have ordered it myself, and it will be coming home on Saturday. Can't wait.

Its going to be difficult, but I will try to post the picture in the evening, I will br travelling early morning tomorrow hence running short on time.

I see the optical out on the user guide for sure, but need to confirm, currently I'm using coaxial cable for digital sound out and hdmi for video.

Ketan, don't think your the first in Bangalore.. Got mine installed at 2pm. :)

Congratulations toocool! I'm too busy enjoying it at the moment. Please share you experiences.

I hvae seen that the interface is a bit slow compared to the vanilla TS interface. The fonts on the interface are bit smaller too, but is better in terms of resolution. I have difficulties reading the channel information while sitting at my dining table (~22+feet), this remote does work at this distance which earlier wasnt.
Not many things explored yet, will be out in US for next one week, so will get to see this only once I'm back. Do I have to subscribe for anything extra to watch EC in HD? I have grand+HD packs with me now.
Star+HD is there, but to me it looks more like upscaled and not HD.

One thing for sure, If I watch the NGCHD for a while, I dont want to see other channles, its really good.

Dear Friends,

Yesterday, I ordered the TataSKY HD set top box to upgrade my picture quality from existing composite video in the regular STB.

They said that they would install the HD STB within 48 Hrs.

Last night, on a hunch, I wondered whether the Set top box I'd ordered had Toslink connectivity, and Looking at Google Images, is seemed that only Tata Sky + HD had optical output.

I need Toslink as my other ports are in use.

And my AVR does not have HDMI passthrough.

Not only that, There seemed to be more connectivity options in HD +.

Plus a 500 GB HDD thrown in.

I called the IVR and asked if I may upgrade to HD +, The person at the Help desk said that my first payment would be refunded in a few days and I would have to make a fresh booking.

It's 2:40 pm right now and it seems the company's server is slow due to the heavy rush of orders in the last 2 days.. Is it because of the coming world cup?

I guess I have to wait my turn again till I can get through to making the payment when the site is operational again maybe in the next 1 or 2 hours..

Wish me luck!

Yours,

Subcenter2009

Got the First Tata Sky PLUS HD (VIPs Only as 20 STBs have come into Mumbai today ie 11th feb)
Hello Everyone ,

I Got the First Tata Sky Plus HD. Only VIPs have got the first few STBs in Mumbai.
Tata syk technicial told me only 20 STBs have come into Mumbai today ie 11th feb. All have gone to VVIPs , ministers etc near Nepeansea Rd ie CM bungalow. Well I live opposite him and have a few connections!! Haha

Anyway I am posting pictures for you guys to enjoy and drool. The STB looks tooooo good..its Patent black shiny and much smaller in width than tata sky plus.

Everything works well....have plugged into my Denon AVR 2310. Worked right out of the box. Technician told me though that you have to use optical as the sound source to get 7.1 as via HDMI you will not get best sound results. No issue as I have to assign my input on my AVR and do the same. If you use both HDMI and plug in the Optical sound will come from Optical and not work in HDMI. I had to power down entire system and then remove optical and then use HDMI sound for now. Assigning optical will take me around 2 Hours as I have to read through the manual.

PICTURES 17 of them

Tata Sky Plus HD - Imgur

Thats all Folks...let me know if you need any other info...

Hey guys..

I got mine installed ~2hrs back.. Earlier I had Airtel Dth.. Picture clarity I must say is much better atleast when compared to Airtel dth..
TS+ HD has below o/p's from dth box
HDMI OUT
RF OUT
DIGITAL AUD OUT(CO-AXIAL)
OPTICAL OUT

REGULAR VIDEO/AUDIO OUT (RCA CABLE)
COMPONENT VIDEO(RCA CABLE)

And,
EHERNET connector..( Can download internet video/audio directly into 500GB internal Harddisk)

USB connector.,
---------------------------------------------------------------

Unit also comes with one HDMI cable...

Tested recording HD form Natgeo HD and discovery HD.. It was wonderful.. Recorded clarity was exactly same as on HD channel..

Sound quality also I felt very nice.. in my ONKYO 3300 Home theatre system..

Looks like these Units are manufactured in Thailand.. 12/10

MRP mentioned on the box is 4999/-

Overall very much happy with my decision swicthing to TATA SKY+HD..:clapping: :yahoo:

Last edited:
Got a call from the TS guys in the afternoon - yesterday when I made the payment and booking I was told that it will be done within 48 hours - today they told me that the boxes are not available as yet - as soon as they come, they will come to install :(

I ordered my box last evening, and they have already set it up a couple of hours back. Paid by COD which I thought was as a good feature as there current system of obtaining a code from the bank for CC payments is a pain.

On the whole, pic quality has improved over my older Sky+ box, though I do have one major grouse:
[I]The banner display giving channel info lasts 10 seconds and cannot be reduced, as was possible before.:mad:[/I] Can we all as subscribers ask for the option to be given back to us ?
It is not possible to determine if a programme is actually series locked for recording( there was an icon for that in the older Sky+ box)

I have not had any info on the charges, though my subscription which was valid till Jan 2012 suddenly shows as due next week:eek:

[I]The banner display giving channel info lasts 10 seconds and cannot be reduced, as was possible before.:mad:[/I] Can we all as subscribers ask for the option to be given back to us ?...

I have reduced mine to 3 secs, did you check Organizer->User Settings->Banner Settings? Maybe you are not scrolling down in the menu?

HD was installed, very veyr professional, they had install in 10th floor and get the wires to 7th floor since my balcony was totally grilled. They just charged 100rs extra and 100 rs tip I gave was promptly refused with a smile saying, sir pls give a positive feedback and thats enough. For 3 hrs of work, i am impressed with the professionalism.

Now, TS CC pulled a quick, they had initially told me grand pack + 2 regional package + HD package of 1 month free. Now they have activated grand and regional an they r saying no HD package free!!!!!!!!!

Is it same with everyone?

Just called and check with Tata Sky Pune Customer Care... They are giving the STB for 3999 and mega package costing 6000 per annum at a discounted price of 5301 per annum... In all the total price is 9300... But the CC exec did not tell me about business standard subscription... Is that offer only valid in Bangalore and not in Mumbai... Can any Mumbai user please comment... I am planning to buy this tomorrow...

Booked the new HD pvr box + mega package for 3999 + 5301 today after multiple tries with CC ivrs to make the payment. The CC promised the magazine along with this - not sure until the first mag arrives! This offer is available only for new connections it seems.

Also yesterday, saw a pdf, on the tataskyplus website, giving details of the new box with images showing connectivity options but somehow that particular page is not accessible now.

The pdf mentioned USB and ethernet but also was labled 'for future' or something - can any body comment on the network port and usb usage (guess it may not be active now)

HD was installed, very veyr professional, i am impressed with the professionalism.

Lucky you. I have a completely different experience. I have been running behind them for my HD installation for the last 3 days. My entire experience has been pathetic, to say the least. Every time i call up the helpdesk they give different stories...one says installation scheduled for tomorrow...the other one says i will raise a request for installation. I don't know what is happening and what to do. I have given up on these hopeless bunch of fools.

The pdf mentioned USB and ethernet but also was labled 'for future' or something - can any body comment on the network port and usb usage (guess it may not be active now)

The USB port, at least, will most likely be used during servicing. That's the usual thing with the USB. If I'm not mistaken, the previous Tata Sky+ box too had USB and ethernet, but I seriously doubt the USB could be used to connect an external drive for copying saved videos. The ethernet port could possibly be used for networking in the future.

Forgive me for my ignorance. I already have tata sky HD.is it still a great deal? is it just a recorder and needs tata sky HD set top box?

also it may record in HD..but then it will record only 4-5 HD channels like discovery HD or Natgeo HD right? other channels will continue to have same clarity as to what I have now?

Last edited:
HD was installed, very veyr professional, they had install in 10th floor and get the wires to 7th floor since my balcony was totally grilled. They just charged 100rs extra and 100 rs tip I gave was promptly refused with a smile saying, sir pls give a positive feedback and thats enough. For 3 hrs of work, i am impressed with the professionalism.

Now, TS CC pulled a quick, they had initially told me grand pack + 2 regional package + HD package of 1 month free. Now they have activated grand and regional an they r saying no HD package free!!!!!!!!!

Is it same with everyone?

Hi Ram,

I also received similar experience as your's..
Two TS Guys came around 11:30am and took ~2hrs.. was wondering why these guys are taking so much time as during my earlier AIrtel dth connection they completed within 30 mins..
They installed and did wiring extremely professional/artistic way..simply superb.. Initially they denied any tip.. but I forced them to accept 100/-
Since mine is Mega pack I have all the channels including HD ones..except Topper..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back