Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

Is it released in hyderabad? I tried to book through their web page but the drop down for cities does not list hyderabad.

How are you people making the booking? I will be a new customer.

Also, Does tata sky have "SUN Adithya TV".. This is the most viewed channel in my current Airtel connection and I cannot afford to miss this.. Can anyone confirm?

After all the running around to get credit card information with OTP and then trying to use the ivr to pay for the box, i'm getting transaction denied :(

@dkaile: Did you get COD option for +HD or for some other connection?

@others: Is it confirmed that audio over HDMi doesn't support 5.1 or 7.1?

Cheers :)

P.S: I'm about to try and make the payment again with a new OTP, fingers crossed.

I too had a similar issue as I replaced my existing TS+ with TS+ HD day before yesterday.The technician had a tough time trying to make the new STB work with my existing card. It took around 1 day for it to be done after lots of calls to CC and then to the installation team lead (I got his number from the technician ).
The whole issue was I wanted the balance of my existing TS+ to be transferred to the new connection. As per the technician, this apparently was the first such case in bangalore and it took a lot of time :mad:

Finally things got resolved yesterday. Apparently my balance was tranferred to the new card that came with the new STB but the technician was under the impression that the existing card was to be used for the new STB!

I then connected the hdmi of stb to my denon 1910 avr and to my surprise I did not get dolby surround sound in any of the HD channels. I rebooted the STB , my avr and tried for sometime but to no avail.
Later in the night, I connected optical out from stb to my avr and then it was available !!

Again called the team lead today (I was sure CC would not be able to understand this ) and explained the issue. He conferenced me to some other guy and then after explaining the issue to both of them came to know that dolby is not available thru hdmi. This is as per design !!!:mad: Can you beleive it ?

They just assumed that everyone would connect the hdmi to tv directly and hence its a waste to provide dolby thru hdmi !! I could not beleive my ears !!.

Both of them said that they will take my feedback and let their superiors know about this issue. They refused to accept it as a defect

Right now I have connected stb hdmi to TV directly and the optical out to my avr.

Apart from this the picture quality has improved over TS+ in all channels. the HD channels look awesome.

Waiting for the world cup to be broadcast in HD ...:)

(1) On the Audio thing, that is really a disaster.
I was on TataSky HD and was getting DD 5.1 through HDMI on my Denon 1610 AVR
Today afternoon, TataSkly+ HD was installed, and was shocked to see that I was no longer getting DD 5.1 on HD channells.

Called the install guy, he also checked with few others and confirmed that it seems to be working only in Optical mode (even coaxial does not work)

This is too much, why one remove the feature which was working previously.
Anyway need to buy one Optical cable now

(2) My changing the box, and pairing the old card to the Plus box took about 15 mins
But unfortunately, for me recording feature is still not working. I am getting some access denied error.
As per the install guy there has to be some refresh and will get fixed in 24 hrs.
So need to wait till tomorrow to check that part

can anyone please post the pics of the STB (front and more importantly back)?
it would be a great help for all the members.

My box installed. :)

I also had the same problem as Kapvin had "complication was change of subscriber card. apparently the card in the TS+SD was the "master card" so it needed to go into the TS+HD. consequently there was a card-stb mismatch error, which took a few calls to the helpline to fix."

But my installer knew about it and did it in 2-3 minutes.

I am also not getting 5.1 through HDMI and need to connect an optical cable, will do that later.

My box installed. :)

I also had the same problem as Kapvin had "complication was change of subscriber card. apparently the card in the TS+SD was the "master card" so it needed to go into the TS+HD. consequently there was a card-stb mismatch error, which took a few calls to the helpline to fix."

But my installer knew about it and did it in 2-3 minutes.

I am also not getting 5.1 through HDMI and need to connect an optical cable, will do that later.

Mine also they are using the old card, but unable to do the record. are you able to record?

Last edited:
Ordered my Tatasky+HD today.
They told that installation will be done within 48 hours.
Waiting for installation and HD quality reception for my Samsung Full HD LCD TV.

Can someone post older Tata Sky+ STB model number. I read that remote works on new Tata Sky+ HD.

I need it for Logitech Harmony setup. I can not find any model number, other than manufacturer's name (Pace) on the new Tata Sky+ HD.

Can someone post older Tata Sky+ STB model number. I read that remote works on new Tata Sky+ HD.

I need it for Logitech Harmony setup. I can not find any model number, other than manufacturer's name (Pace) on the new Tata Sky+ HD.

Use the infrared self learning method ... I think logitech remotes are pioneers in that technology... If you have already tried kindly ignore .... :p

Mine also they are using the old card, but unable to do the record. are you able to record?

Try sending an SMS SR to 56633 from your registered mobile. I also had some invalid XTV Subscription error. It was either fixed by the SMS or just waiting for a few hours.

Use the infrared self learning method ... I think logitech remotes are pioneers in that technology... If you have already tried kindly ignore .... :p

So far haven't done that (self learning method). Feel more comfortable with giving just model number, set activity and you are all set to got. :p

Last edited:
Some other findings:

There is no option to turn off HDMI audio in the STB.

So, the only option is to connect HDMI cable to TV directly (not through AVR) and optical cable to your AVR. (is there any setting in Onkyo AVRs to disable HDMI audio?)

Ok guys. I have reliance digital tv for the last couple of years with me and contrary to most people, I have been happy with it. I was planning to take the plunge into HD DTH before cricket world cup. But I had reliance in mind as they offer some discount for existing customers. But this offer looks very good.
Can anyone please point out the advantages and disadvantages of going for tata sky + HD vis a vis Reliance digital HD recorder, keeping in mind that I am an existing reliance digital tv customer?

:bump: 10char

I've sent an email to Tata Sky to get them to allow Dolby Digital 5.1 through HDMI. I seriously doubt people having HDMI inputs on their AVRs would like to route audio through optical. In most cases, the AVR acts as an HDMI switcher, with the audio being output through the speakers and video through the TV. What's the sense in having HDMI if you're not going to use it for carrying both HD audio and HD video (which is why it was invented in the first place)?

Other people being affected by this, would you be kind enough to email Tata Sky regarding this? I feel the more emails they (Tata Sky) get, the quicker they will be to respond.

EDIT: I don't have their email address by the way. I just logged on to mytatasky.com and went to the My Query section and logged a query.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back