Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

And, if you buy the Mega pack with your HD + box, you get it for 5301 rs instead of 6000 rs, thats the offer they gave me. I got with the sales agent "Nishita", referred to some of my friends and they also bought the same.

I also called as I'm currently on Tatasky HD to enquire whether they have any option to Upgrade to HD+.

I got a reply in NO. so, sad.

lolzzz...after like 15 minutes of my mail I got a call from the head office who said its been launched and you will get a call from the local head office to give you the details for the same and probably take my booking as well ...... lets seeeeee

GOOD NEWS FOR DELHI LOT ...... seems my mail created some ripples .... I got a call from the head Office Delhi and he said Plus HD is been launched and is ready to take my order ... :) ...... The only thing was I had to generate a one time OTP IVR one time password which is needed for IVR transactions .... which I did through ICICI website. The dude called me again in 15 minutes took my order for same 3999/-. Gave me the order number and scheduled the installation within max 48hrs .....:):yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::) . Also said my existing package remains same plus 30/m for HD Gold package (3 channels) plus when the world cup starts will add 3 more sports channels in the same HD Gold pack without any extra charges ... :yahoo::yahoo: ...

So finally my mail did pay off ...... DELHI NCR people .... instead of banging your head with CC, drop a mail from your authorized tatasky account or ([email protected]) and soon you should get a call from the Head Office ......
Best Of Luck ....... :):):):)

Booking started for Pune also. Just Paid 3999 and installation scheduled at 5:30PM today.

/Alok
Just got a call from TataSky pune office and they informed me that they have not yet recieved the HD DVR setup boxes and it may take another 2 days so they cant come for installation(which was scheduled for today 5:30PM):mad: Now just wait and watch situation.

Ok Ketan, you seem to be the first person who will enjoy Tata Sky + HD.

Keep your Camera ready, we want your first impression with pictures from you as soon as you get it. :)

And, if you buy the Mega pack with your HD + box, you get it for 5301 rs instead of 6000 rs, thats the offer they gave me. I got with the sales agent "Nishita", referred to some of my friends and they also bought the same.

Hi Ram,

I did get the offer of TATA SKYplus HD DVR + Mega pack + 1 year Businessworld magazine(52 issues) subscription for 9300/- (3999 + 5301) In Bangalore..
Did you guys as well get this magazine subscription ?

Thanks
Pavan

Hi All,

I am a new member at HFV and this is my first post :).
Day before yesterday I had called up Tata Sky CC to inquire about the HD PVR. I was informed that the same is not available yet, but would be launched very soon. I had asked the CC executive to inform me whenever the launch takes place.

Today morning around 11 am I got a call from Tata Sky CC and the executive informed me that the HD PVR has been launched today only and would I be interested in booking the same for Rs. 3999/-. I could not book it at the same time as there was some issue with the IVR. I got a call again at 3 pm and the order went through smoothly. I got another call in 15 mins and the lady confirmed that the guys will come for installation by tomorrow or day after. Hoping that I don't have to wait much for the installation :).

------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards
Shoyeb

No kittu, the offer is available for everyone. See Mega pack offer is 6k with business world subscription (you can check the tatasky website). if you buy it with the HD+ box, you get it at 5301 thats all

Thanks for the tip MBR. The guy i spoke to didn't tell me about this offer. After seeing the post, I called them again, got them to cancel the order and get a new one for Rs 9,300.

Also, if anyone is interested for the 2nd TV, they have an offer running now for those who have opted for the mega pack, whereby you pay Rs 999 for the box (non-HD) and Rs 150 per month with first month free. All the channels in the mega pack will be available on the 2nd STB. Cool, eh?

No kittu, the offer is available for everyone. See Mega pack offer is 6k with business world subscription (you can check the tatasky website). if you buy it with the HD+ box, you get it at 5301 thats all
All this makes this offer really killing specially when you look at individual pricing of TS+ or TS HD. Irresistible isn't it. Alas I would not have purchased TS+ last year.

I got the HD box for 2599 just 2 weeks ago. For only 1400 more I could have got a PVR. If nothing else 1400 is a neat price for a 500 GB HDD! Feeling a little shortchanged, but such is life...

I got the HD box for 2599 just 2 weeks ago. For only 1400 more I could have got a PVR. If nothing else 1400 is a neat price for a 500 GB HDD! Feeling a little shortchanged, but such is life...

Same here and the worst part is they do not have exchange option as yet:sad:

Alright guys,
was disconnected for some time since while setting up new STB my internet modem/router setup got screwed up.
I got it activated at around 4PM today. The installation guy told me that you are the first customer to activate the +HD in Blr, there is another installation going on at Indiranagar, but you're the first one to download the firmware from our basestation (ok!!) - He has got 2-3 more STBs for installation once mine is done. He also asked me the price of the STB :), when he heard the price he was shocked too, he said we were expecting some 8K+ for this.. I told him that give my feedback to TS folks, its a good price they have come up with and you are going to be busy installing this now on..

Back to the quality, I havent watched much yet, just started watching my favorite NGCHD and DiscoveryHD, its awesome. I'm not an expert tester, but I can tell you that its almost equal to the 702P (some of them 1080P) movies that I watch on my xtreamer. The 5.1 (my HT supports just that) sound system is really great!
I'm yet to find out lot more about the features and all. I asked the installation guy if the recording is going to be HD!!! He said NO :(. I actually recorded a small clip off NGCHD and replayed it and to me its look like its HD!! I'm now recoreding the episode I'm watching, once done, I will play again and should be able to confirm its hi res recording.

the experience is just awesome, good I waited for HDPVR and didnt rush for HD or Reliance HDPVR.

I can get some pictures as well, But since its release and everyone is ordering like crazy, you are going to experience it ultimately, it may be useful for someone to make decission though, I will see if I get time, I will get some pictures uploaded here.
Thanks guys.

EDIT: If anyone comes to know the exact model that I have to pick for this STB when I add a device to my logitech harmony, please share. I'm still trying to find out, shall share when I come to know exact details (hopefully, its added to the logitechDB already!!)

Last edited:
Alright guys,
was disconnected for some time since while setting up new STB my internet modem/router setup got screwed up.
I got it activated at around 4PM today. The installation guy told me that you are the first customer to activate the +HD in Blr, there is another installation going on at Indiranagar, but you're the first one to download the firmware from our basestation (ok!!) - He has got 2-3 more STBs for installation once mine is done. He also asked me the price of the STB :), when he heard the price he was shocked too, he said we were expecting some 8K+ for this.. I told him that give my feedback to TS folks, its a good price they have come up with and you are going to be busy installing this now on..

Back to the quality, I havent watched much yet, just started watching my favorite NGCHD and DiscoveryHD, its awesome. I'm not an expert tester, but I can tell you that its almost equal to the 702P (some of them 1080P) movies that I watch on my xtreamer. The 5.1 (my HT supports just that) sound system is really great!
I'm yet to find out lot more about the features and all. I asked the installation guy if the recording is going to be HD!!! He said NO :(. I actually recorded a small clip off NGCHD and replayed it and to me its look like its HD!! I'm now recoreding the episode I'm watching, once done, I will play again and should be able to confirm its hi res recording.

the experience is just awesome, good I waited for HDPVR and didnt rush for HD or Reliance HDPVR.

I can get some pictures as well, But since its release and everyone is ordering like crazy, you are going to experience it ultimately, it may be useful for someone to make decission though, I will see if I get time, I will get some pictures uploaded here.
Thanks guys.

Please upload the pictures.. eagerly waiting to see it in action

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back