Tata Sky vs. Videocon D2H

I was a TS customer for almost 6 years. Had two connections, one in Hyd and the other in Blore. TS prices started going north year on year and it became so expensive that i had to consider a change. Also the failures on TS HD boxes made me think twice. I switched both the connections to Videocon D2H. HD in Hyd and SD in Blore.

Everything is good about Videocon D2H, customer support, the prices and the quality. I am happy with the changes i made.

I am just praying that Videocon should not go where TS has gone today, atleast in prices :)

We cant see any PQ difference between TS and VD2H. Sound is indeed better in VD2H, at least we feel this.

Go for Videocon d2h as they have maximum HD channels. Try contacting them through their FB page. They will get in touch with you.

I am planing for an HD connection. As per reviews here videocon seems to be the best and VFM option.
I have a friend working in videcon DTH and can get this st a cheaper rate in Kerala. Is it possible to get this from Kerala and installation in Bangalore. Also do i need to check availability of service in my area?

Hi,
I want to mention here one very pathetic experience which I would have never expected from giant AIRTEL.
My customer ID is 3007188359 . This HD setbox restarts after every 4 minutes while watching some program. Here the signals are fine and clear but this problem is there. So I registered a complaint for this on 16th Feb 2013 but till now 22 nd Feb no one visited my home to look at this issue. Everytime I gets call from some guys "Sir what is the problem". I have to re-iterate this problem to all of them and at last they reply "Sir, we do not have setup box for HD now so it will come in next 2-3 days." So now it is been 7 days but no one ever has visited my home to look into the real issue. This is the worst service I have seen in my life time. Then again I registered complaint with customer service on 18th , 20th, 22nd but no outcome. They just mention "sir we will resolve this in next 24 hours" . I don't know why they are behaving like as if we are all foolish customers???

I have decided to change the connection finally and will remove my both connections and will also try that no one in my close contacts and friends buy AIRTEL DTH connection ever.

Good -bye
Sushil

Hi,
I want to mention here one very pathetic experience which I would have never expected from giant AIRTEL.
My customer ID is 3007188359 . This HD setbox restarts after every 4 minutes while watching some program. Here the signals are fine and clear but this problem is there. So I registered a complaint for this on 16th Feb 2013 but till now 22 nd Feb no one visited my home to look at this issue. Everytime I gets call from some guys "Sir what is the problem". I have to re-iterate this problem to all of them and at last they reply "Sir, we do not have setup box for HD now so it will come in next 2-3 days." So now it is been 7 days but no one ever has visited my home to look into the real issue. This is the worst service I have seen in my life time. Then again I registered complaint with customer service on 18th , 20th, 22nd but no outcome. They just mention "sir we will resolve this in next 24 hours" . I don't know why they are behaving like as if we are all foolish customers???

I have decided to change the connection finally and will remove my both connections and will also try that no one in my close contacts and friends buy AIRTEL DTH connection ever.

Good -bye
Sushil

Once you decide to do that, you will see that Airtel (or anyone for that matter) will come running.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Moved to videocon from tata sky. The latter's prices are through the roof and picture quality of SD channels has gone to dogs.

Now waiting for it to get installed.

I agree that TS is now overcharging. I went for the HD megapack, which was Rs 5500/- per year (Rs 9999/ for two year) which they now charges Rs 6400 or so per yr. Luckily I went for a 2 year mega pack, which will last till this Sept. Once that is over, I think I will not think twice to move to Videocon, considering that they have all the HD channels currently on offer and that too at a lesser cost. So they gonna loose another customer in few months time for sure.

Myself already migrated to D2h with an entry level HD STB, okay till now, TS ppl shot me mail with subject line" Over Due Payments for subscriber Id :xxxxxxxx, in my reply I asked them to send some one to collect cash from my home!! Waiting for Concurence from TS:))

I Love Tapatalk on my IPhone

Moved to Videocon today. The picture quality is way better for SD for sure. However I feel there's a bit of oversharpening being done in the STB for HD content as I notice aliasing artifacts at times. However HD picture quality overall is still better than tata sky for sure.

However the UI in the videocon box is a disaster compared to TS. It seems to be written by some juvenile.

Who said D2H is cheaper than TATA Sky ?

I just checked the A-la-carte package of D2H and I see, all the HD channels are double the price of Tata Sky.

Who said D2H is cheaper than TATA Sky ?

I just checked the A-la-carte package of D2H and I see, all the HD channels are double the price of Tata Sky.

For a 1 year all channel package, tata sky wanted 6900 from me for renewal. However videocon wanted just 5644 for the same including installation and a brand new set top box. As a bonus, I also get way more HD channels. Seems cheaper to me :lol:.

Ala carte prices of channels is sheer extortion from DTH operators.

For a 1 year all channel package, tata sky wanted 6900 from me for renewal. However videocon wanted just 5644 for the same including installation and a brand new set top box. As a bonus, I also get way more HD channels. Seems cheaper to me :lol:.

Ala carte prices of channels is sheer extortion from DTH operators.

Well, for that 5644 yearly package, does that include all the 21 HD channels for the whole year without any hidden terms of service ? :eek:

If yes, then its worth it.

Well, for that 5644 yearly package, does that include all the 21 HD channels for the whole year without any hidden terms of service ? :eek:

If yes, then its worth it.

Everything excluding south channels. They have another package which has all the south channels as well.

Earlier, it was said that ts does not have enough transponders to telecast more hd channels. It has been quite a while since they moved to the new satellite. They have more bandwidth now. Yet they have failed to add any more hd channels, save the stupid Colors HD. I, for one, am seriously disappointed for the money charged vs. the content provided

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

+1 on that Kix ... I just paid almost 8.8K for two connections.....there is some rumour that they may add some channels this month - but it may be too little -for me anyway. We need to scout for other ways to receive the programmes. The censorship imposed by the Govt is also ridiculous at times.......some channels worse than others. Even the POTUS was censored on Comedy central !
Anyone with an inside track to TS management gossip. There was a guy on this board who kept jumping in to defend TS - where is he now ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back