Technics Turntable Owners Club

I have a lowly SL-D2 in my bedroom system (NAD 3020 and Goodman's Ministers, for a nice mostly British bit of vintage gear). A friend gave it to me, and I assumed it was dead, it was so dirty.

Once washed up and the speed pots turned a few times, it has performed admirably. Those Technics decks just seem to be unstoppable!

I wish I liked the aesthetic of these decks more, though. The silver grey plastic "resin" just doesn't cut it, for me. But I am very impressed by how good they sound, especially with a nice full sounding cartridge like an Empire 2000E/III, a Grado Xf-3, or an Excel ES70EX4 Shibata.

One day I will have to track down a vintage 1200 or SP-10!

I wish I liked the aesthetic of these decks more, though. The silver grey plastic "resin" just doesn't cut it, for me.
I have seen a lot of people mod Pioneer and Sansui turntables that came in beige and black finishes with wood veneer so that's one option if that's your style

Am looking for a replacement LED pop-up light for my 1200 MK3. Any pointers here in India?
Much appreciated. Thanks.

on the other side, if you have DIY skills or have a good friend who is very familiar with turntable DIY, then you can easily get it fixed/upgraded with a LED based solution.

NAGAOKA MP VS TECHNICS EPC WHICH IS BEST? WITH TECHNICS SL 1100 OR SL 1200MK1

TECHNICS EPC 270C/205 VS NAGAOKA MP200/110
TECHNICS EPC 100 VS NAGAOKA MP500

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back