The Movies I Liked

It reminded me of Al Pacino, Keanu Reeves Devil's advocate. The female lead character had a gut wrenching sequence of tragedies that makes us despise the lead protagonist. Spoiler alert: Not since "Arlington Road", and that Knight Shamalam movie Unbreakable or something i have seen an evil wins all kind of flick. Need to watch feel good movies to come out of this movie's impact.

Everything Everywhere All At Once - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6710474/

Incredible movie and Michelle Yeoh delivers a remarkable knockout performance. For once the title of this movie is apt. The VFX of this movie is very good and it is unbelievable that the VFX team for this film self taught themselves with online tutorials. Probably one of the best movies in 2022 and which might get nominated for Oscar in various categories.

Everything Everywhere All at Once - Watched this yesterday, I really liked the movie for the genre. Will not give spoilers but anyone interested in concepts of multi-verse will definately find it intriguing. The portrayal of the multi-verse concept and its link to our single universe perception really leaves you thinking.

I was looking at my bluray collection and spotted 'Romeo must die". I sure have watched it many years ago but then a revisit was overdue i felt. Jet Li is an actor who does not bring big comical elements like Jackie Chan but he has an aura of simplicity around him that makes him stand out. The movie is not at all dull and surprisingly my audio setup gave an excellent output for an old bluray disc. I ended up watching it in one go even if a cousin was supposed to visit me. My cousin came moments after i finished the movie and he asked me to play it again. I let him watch it and caught up the action from time to time. He said my soundstage plus this action movie made his day. They dont make them anymore sadly. The quality of indian action flicks are nowhere near these martial arts Eastern films.

Play Time - 1967. A masterpiece by Actor Director Jacques Tati. A delightful reinvention of slapstick/visual comedy of the silent era. It's penultimate installation of Mr. Hulot series where He himself plays affably goofy Mr. Hulot. 8/10. A satirical take on generic urban life. It's greatly visually enchanting as well.

Mr. Hulot series includes Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot (1953), Mon Oncle (1958) - Another masterworks, Trafic (1971).

Play Time - 1967. A masterpiece by Actor Director Jacques Tati. A delightful reinvention of slapstick/visual comedy of the silent era. It's penultimate installation of Mr. Hulot series where He himself plays affably goofy Mr. Hulot. 8/10. A satirical take on generic urban life. It's greatly visually enchanting as well.

Mr. Hulot series includes Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot (1953), Mon Oncle (1958) - Another masterworks, Trafic (1971).
Tati made very few films but all are masterpieces.
Check out Buster Keaton too , especially Sherlock Jr and The General

Tati made very few films but all are masterpieces.
Check out Buster Keaton too , especially Sherlock Jr and The General
The General is classic! Love it! Yet to watch Sherlock!

Max Linder is also a gem of an artist. Keaton, Chaplin all walked the path he carved. WW I robbed us of his Prime. His health was severely compromised when he was gassed which ultimately resulted in depression and suicide. Pre WW I, he was the world's highest paid artist.

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)- Nice cute little drama covering young love and everyday life. It's musical, no song and dance routines but every single line of dialogue is sung. Colourful and aesthetic too.

The Wind Will Carry Us (1999) - An Iranian drama about a vigil which patiently covers the prosaic everyday life of common people of a rustic Iranian village as witnessed by an idle and increasingly impatient man. A humane, observant Abbas Kiarostami work that surely needs patient viewers. But once you're there, you're very much rewarded.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back