Three DACs free build from me

@tally3tally great contribution..

add for three of the kits ..letz see how much we save on
shipping and a rough estimate will be possible per kit.

for the next batch we can try to cut costs with locally available parts ...;)

great work and info there with jitter ..modifying old player+adding DAC..

i truly believe external DACs will do a very good job for people having CDP...after this build we will have straight
answer to the main question ...how much dac will improve
SQ,

infact i want to eliminate the jitter at the source itself with some differential arrangements, some dedicated transports have done it , and that would not be a big task...

only it is a matter of time.

infact i want to eliminate the jitter at the source itself with some differential arrangements, some dedicated transports have done it , and that would not be a big task...

I have seen cheap CD-rom for Rs.400 & many have used it as transport.
What do you think?

I have seen cheap CD-rom for Rs.400 & many have used it as transport.
What do you think?
i have tried to bring it ..in my diy CD player thread ..
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/5698-diy-cd-player-less.html

also refer this
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...affordable-cd-transport-shigaclone-story.html

here people have ripped off JVC RC-EZ31 portable CD player and found a high-end transport that is used in Shigaraki transport ..finally that DIY turned out to be better than many transports at much lesser cost.

we will plan those ...soon!

@suri ,

Any updates? Is y2 kit finalized?ordering date /how the kit pack will come to me..

i have tried to bring it ..in my diy CD player thread ..
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/5698-diy-cd-player-less.html

also refer this
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...affordable-cd-transport-shigaclone-story.html

here people have ripped off JVC RC-EZ31 portable CD player and found a high-end transport that is used in Shigaraki transport ..finally that DIY turned out to be better than many transports at much lesser cost.

we will plan those ...soon!

@suri ,

Any updates? Is y2 kit finalized?ordering date /how the kit pack will come to me..

Suri, are you ordering 3 kits? Or 1 only in the beginning?
Pl let me know.

Suri, are you ordering 3 kits? Or 1 only in the beginning?
Pl let me know.

only one kit, iaudio, and once this build is done, it will be listened to and then benchmarked - no need for everyone to take a risk - if it is worth it, then kaushik, I am sure will lend his expertise for other thread members (albeit for a fee after three!)

only one kit, iaudio, and once this build is done, it will be listened to and then benchmarked - no need for everyone to take a risk - if it is worth it, then kaushik, I am sure will lend his expertise for other thread members (albeit for a fee after three!)

Ok, Suri, I just wanted to know in advance if and when I have to send you the money. Gotta plan the finances you see:eek:
Also as I said, I am ready to go for the kit now, but I would prefer to trouble Kaushik to let me be a part of the build:D, and I will be free to head to bangalore only in Dec.

Ok suri ... whatever you people decide, after all we dint got clear recommendations here..
letz hope my DAC too finishes soon.A demo in bangalore is on the list .

@gurubhai
wait if you have double mind ,for build you can rely on me, i assure 'money refund' if damaged during build.
how y2 will improve sound you need to do own research .

Last edited:
Ok suri ... whatever you people decide, after all we dint got clear recommendations here..
letz hope my DAC too finishes soon.A demo in bangalore is on the list .

@gurubhai
wait if you have double mind ,for build you can rely on me, i assure 'money refund' if damaged during build.
how y2 will improve sound you need to do own research .

Its nice on Suri's part to take initiative for all of us. So while Kaushiks and Suri's Dac gets built, let us search for alternative dac kits and also to know more about the present choice, gamma 1 and gamma 2 combo.

Suri, Ordered? What is the estimated shipping time? Are you getting it to your place or straight to Kaushiks address?

Three is a good number to order - gurubhai and audiodelic will be sending their phone numbers to me. after i talk to them (and iaudio) i will go ahead with the order

@ kaushik - is this okay with you ?- if the participants above agree you will have three/four DAC to make

regards

Last edited:
Three is a good number to order - gurubhai and audiodelic will be sending their phone numbers to me. after i talk to them (and iaudio) i will go ahead with the order

@ kaushik - is this okay with you ?- if the participants above agree you will have three/four DAC to make

regards
Ok fine four kits not a problem , gurubhai and audiodelic co-ordinate with suri ...

tally3tally ,while making BOM ,dont miss semiconductors /capacitors ,re ordering will delay the build.. resistors can be managed if missed...leds no need to order,i have many of them.

Iaudio will visit to see the build ,
at a later point of time that will be my pleasure,

so i /you will have keep his kit unassembled...

@iaudio
order together even if you plan to build later.
@suri
bad idea to post phone number in a public forum...as well as main email .
share it in PMs.

order to your place ,check(clear customs work,less likely )and send to me ...

Notes:
1.There will be second batch of the group order (probably),others may wait for that.
2.I need one guy from bangalore to check safe arrival of the kits ,part by part from suri's place
even better if he visits my place during build.

Last edited:
Just pmed suri my phone number.
Awaiting his phone call i will get all the details and then post here once finalized.

Im still unsure what is the total cost of the project can someone give me the breakdown? Once i get this i can confirm my order

@tally3tally - assume customs to be 12.5 percent - (do not include shipping).

how much will the cost of three kits be in US dollars?.

if the participants know this - each will have an idea what he/she is getting into.

regards

@audiodelic and gurubhai - will call as soon as i get the above info.

@kaushik - thanks for the warning - i have removed email and phone from my post - please delete my quote in your post. TIA

hell iaudio,
I am already building a dac based on the famous philips tda1541a. Will be interesting to compare once finished.
Venu

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back