Tidal in india?

Anybody who living in India able to get Tidal Native App in their iOS devices.... Without any Mods ?
Any 'Apk Mirror' type app store which situated inside of Official iOS App store as an app?
Yes just change the country region in the store to US and the Tidal app shows up for download

Yes just change the country region in the store to US and the Tidal app shows up for download
It didn’t work for me. iOS asked me to cancel all active Apple subscriptions. I did, and and since my Apple Music subscription is valid for few a more weeks, iOS doesn’t allow to switch region till then. Strange!
Does anyone have any hack for this? Thanks.

Attachments

• 57843580-759E-410F-9FD3-98B379B8D752.jpeg
    57843580-759E-410F-9FD3-98B379B8D752.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 12
It didn’t work for me. iOS asked me to cancel all active Apple subscriptions. I did, and and since my Apple Music subscription is valid for few a more weeks, iOS doesn’t allow to switch region till then. Strange!
Does anyone have any hack for this? Thanks.
Will you post your outcome once the Apple Music Subscription is over.

If you able to change or not, the main goal to get native Tidal App to the iOS device with Indian Account.

Last edited:
Will you post your outcome once the Apple Music Subscription is over.
It’s strange. Which means that I need to wait for a long time if I have, say a yearly subscription, to change the region. It doesn’t make sense.
Will keep you posted.

Anybody who living in India able to get Tidal Native App in their iOS devices.... Without any Mods ?
Any 'Apk Mirror' type app store which situated inside of Official iOS App store as an app?
If you happen to have another email id ,Create another apple account and select region to other country where tidal service is available
Once you have created apple account
In your ios device
Go to settings > profile > media and purchase
Sign out from your existing account and sign in with your new account
Download tidal app from app store
Repeat the process and sign in again with your old id
Use your existing tidal id to continue using app. Once installed it would be there

1.for any future update of tidal ios app you will have to repeat the process.
2. Tidal Subscription needs to be purchased on another system with vpn.

A good friend suggested to integrate tidal with Plex on ipad, which comparitively has a better interface than tidal app. Yet to fully explore and setup Plex properly.

I got Tidal desktop app streaming to cxnv2 via Tidal Connect.

The most cost effective way to go about it is to go for the family HIFI version you want to use ( UK/US/Turkey) , the Turkey version has quiet a bit of old bollywood songs missing as compared to the US version but the cost is much cheaper. After that you can invite people who want to share with you and split the cost. I am currently using Turkey version along with 4 other fellow members , we pay roughly 75 rupees a month.
That is quite a deal.

A good friend suggested to integrate tidal with Plex on ipad, which comparitively has a better interface than tidal app. Yet to fully explore and setup Plex properly.

I got Tidal desktop app streaming to cxnv2 via Tidal Connect.
Would that (Plex) still play Tidal natively (through Tidal Connect) on CXN? That was the limitation with Roon which dissuaded me from subscribing to it.

one work around for ios is to install mconnect app which has tidal , qobuz built in
in android phone one could install tidal/qobuz apps after downloading from apkmirror since it is not available in playstore.
But no such thing was found for ios to install tidal/qobuz in India.
then if you try to create a new icloud id with other country , u get stuck at phone no sms verification:D for which u need a phone no in US/ europe etc.
is there a work around for this for iphone users in India to get native tidal app/ qobuz app.
my friend with cxnv2 & iphone is dependent on streammagic app, unable to use tidal connect.

Would that (Plex) still play Tidal natively (through Tidal Connect) on CXN? That was the limitation with Roon which dissuaded me from subscribing to it.
Plex doesn't support Tidal Connect but Tidal Native App (Android). BTW, CXN is Roon Ready right?
Edit- typo

Last edited:
one work around for ios is to install mconnect app which has tidal , qobuz built in
in android phone one could install tidal/qobuz apps after downloading from apkmirror since it is not available in playstore.
But no such thing was found for ios to install tidal/qobuz in India.
then if you try to create a new icloud id with other country , u get stuck at phone no sms verification:D for which u need a phone no in US/ europe etc.
is there a work around for this for iphone users in India to get native tidal app/ qobuz app.
my friend with cxnv2 & iphone is dependent on streammagic app, unable to use tidal connect.
But I could change the country and download the tidal app from the app store and again revert to India, faced no issues.

With an iphone it has become slightly tougher since you have to make a new account with a US or Turkey address and now for the creation of a new apple ID they ask for a phone verification, earlier they didn't. So if you have a friend who has a US phone, you'll have to make a new ID, download the app and then logout and log back in with your normal ID, the app remains.

Then ofcourse you can get a simple temp VPN like Halo and make an account on tidal and pay through paypal using your Indian credit card. Tidal should run smoothly on your apple phone or ipad then.

Maybe this was introduced recently I had done it around 2 / 3 months ago and it was not required

Cxnv2 is a roon endpoint and cannot function as a core.
That’s my understanding too. I don’t think the CXN can natively pull Tidal files from the internet while being controlled through Roon app on mobile. One still needs a PC connected as a core which sends file to CXN. But I’d be glad to learn if that’s not the case.

That’s my understanding too. I don’t think the CXN can natively pull Tidal files from the internet while being controlled through Roon app on mobile. One still needs a PC connected as a core which sends file to CXN. But I’d be glad to learn if that’s not the case.
Talking about controlling through a mobile app, I have Tidal playing on a PC to external DAC via USB and use TeamViewer on mobile to access my PC. Gets the job done. Don't see any reason for Roon. Hifi sounds better than Masters on my setup. Masters got this added airiness and touch sibilant for my ears.

Cxnv2 is a roon endpoint and cannot function as a core.
Right, and that's what I meant. If the Roon Core is connected to CXNv2, Roon will automatically detect it as valid endpoint and handover the Bitstream to CXNv2 for further processing.

I agree. It’s important and more effective to do things that have the biggest impact!
But here is a broad list of choices we can adapt locally and choose from:
Good news.
More good news
And some not do good

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back