Tidal in india?

Forex cards do ask for OTP, but they don't work with Indian Ip. As of now, for new subscriptions, Indian cards are no longer seem to be working.
My forex card works without OTP and they work fine using Indian IP, I have been shopping from USA since long using them. I haven't tried on tidal but so not sure if it will work or not.

I had signed up for tidal hifi for Turkey using vpn as was suggested in the forum. After 1 month of use today the subscription amount was deducted from my indian cc. The amount deducted was equivalent to 19.99 US amount. It was not based on turkey inr.Anyone faced this issue or any suggestions where i did wrong.

I had signed up for tidal hifi for Turkey using vpn as was suggested in the forum. After 1 month of use today the subscription amount was deducted from my indian cc. The amount deducted was equivalent to 19.99 US amount. It was not based on turkey inr.Anyone faced this issue or any suggestions where i did wrong.
I m on Tidal Turkey since 4 months & never faced this issue, always get charged Turkish currency, could be the vpn never worked correctly when u signed up?

Have you guys tried with apple lossless that just got launched in India. How does it compare to tidal though its known that resolution of apple is still not at par with Tidal hifi. Though as of now i stream from ipad to my pm6007 via a bluetooth receiver so not sure i would feel the difference but i did get a lot of differrexe when switched from spotify premium to tidal hifi.
I m on Tidal Turkey since 4 months & never faced this issue, always get charged Turkish currency, could be the vpn never worked correctly when u signed up?
I think now about the mistake i did. I changed to us in vpn and then created the account in Tidal. After that i changed country to Turkey to pay for it. As i created the account in us so it got tagged to my account. Any transaction done will always in USD. By the way is the 4$ for 4 months still available?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I am a bit puzzled as to why some of you are still with Tidal or trying to get a new account when Apple lossless is already available in India for a fraction of the cost. I've also read reports that MQA is lossy as well. So why still opt for Tidal? I'd appreciate if someone can enlighten me on this. Thanks.

Hi guys, I am a bit puzzled as to why some of you are still with Tidal or trying to get a new account when Apple lossless is already available in India for a fraction of the cost. I've also read reports that MQA is lossy as well. So why still opt for Tidal? I'd appreciate if someone can enlighten me on this. Thanks.
Tidal offers seamless integration with audio chains (Roon/Audirvana/Native Support), which Apple Music doesn't. That's one of the reasons AV enthusiasts still stick with Tidal/Qobuz.

Tidal integrates better with streaming platforms like BluOS / Roon etc. Apple is a closed ecosystem and only really works either by plugging a phone into a DAC or using Airplay. Till recently, Airplay 2 (newer) devices were not able to stream lossless.

Hi,
are you using Tidal too? u created Turkey account?
Thanks.
Yes, using it via Turkey account. The master quality(MQA) option, on a monthly payment option, costs slightly less then Spotify Premium.

Which is the best MQA enabled DAC to stream Tidal from laptop to a receiver. My Yamaha RN803 has inbuilt Tidal but the rendering doesn't seem to be full(MQA has 3 stages of decoding). Yamaha does stage 1, I guess. A good laptop takes it up to 2nd stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use it with BluOS with my Nad integrated amp, BluOS is so easy to use & play MQA, also i use Tidal Connect at times which works just like Spotify Connect, very easy & convenient.

I use it with BluOS with my Nad integrated amp, BluOS is so easy to use & play MQA, also i use Tidal Connect at times which works just like Spotify Connect, very easy & convenient.
Okay. I will check this option. But I don't find Tidal connect on my Yamaha. I have to access Tidal thru the inbuilt MusicCast app.

I have both and I find the quality of audio in tidal is much better apart from the integration others have highlighted

My nvidia shield is connected to Denon AVR. If i cast from mobile to nvidia shield inbuilt chromecast do i still get good quality?

I can use Denon internal Tidal client but its UI is pretty basic. There is no Tidal Connect in Denon.

My nvidia shield is connected to Denon AVR. If i cast from mobile to nvidia shield inbuilt chromecast do i still get good quality?

I can use Denon internal Tidal client but its UI is pretty basic. There is no Tidal Connect in Denon.
Install BubbleUPnP/MConnect App on your phone and stream Tidal to Denon AVR via UPnP. It's excellent.

When I use CCA, Tidal downgrades from "Master" and settles on "HiFi" quality. So, It might be same for you too. Your AVR will probably show what it's receiving.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back