Turntable - technics sld303 - is it worth 10k even if in brand new condition?

anm

Hi,
I am being offered a technics sld 303 for 10k and condition is being said as new.
I could not find much reviews - except the mrp of original was $180. Servo controlled direct drive?
Is Technics SL 1200 a good TT?

What should be the worth of an used ok condition Linn LP12 if I can find one?

regards

yeah the seller said the condition is as good as brand new as it was rarely used.
Is it worth a deal even if it is packed and frozen in time and comes out brand new for me?

Hey - you have a NAD2400 power. Is that a good power amp?

Yes V Good
anyway my Nad is THX certified ( I know it is just a certication ) It is some of the fwc 2 channel equipment having THX logo!!
I partner is with DIY speakers ( Not my ,other guys DIY ,I got it Cheap!) or Bookshelf Sub of Solid ( By B&W)

I bought it for long term ,hope one day i'll acquire proper Floorstands with 12+" woofers!!

SL 1200 is offered at what price?

I guess your v good was for nad and not 303 technics.
I do not yet have an offer for 1200 but I guess it is a good one as web is full of reviews of that model. So I am making a list of good TTs that I can jump at as soon as I am offered.

regards

I guess your v good was for nad and not 303 technics.
I do not yet have an offer for 1200 but I guess it is a good one as web is full of reviews of that model. So I am making a list of good TTs that I can jump at as soon as I am offered.

regards

Yes V good is for NAD
anyway I am not saying Technics is BAD - I AM NOT IN POSITION TO COMMENT AS MYSELF TOO NOVICE IN THIS..
Im fact I am too on lookout for one - i bought some 70-80 used records mostly hindi clasics from chor bazaar!
But I want to keep my starting budget low say 2-4 k as my fad may not last!!

Let's see if I like it I will buy a better one later..

( ayway I am now heavily in FLAC Ripping and Flac Collection now!!)

same here Hemant. Initially it is sounding very interesting but lot of people have warned me against it :)

I remember your account of your trip to chor bazar.

regards

Hi,
I am being offered a technics sld 303 for 10k and condition is being said as new.
I could not find much reviews - except the mrp of original was $180. Servo controlled direct drive?
Is Technics SL 1200 a good TT?

What should be the worth of an used ok condition Linn LP12 if I can find one?

regards

Don't you think its a crappy offer - 10K is about 200 USD. The seller has the nerve to sell a 28 year old TT for more than the cost price at the time it was sold. Financially its non sense. I woudl not pay more than 5K and thats treating me real nice with some food/drink.

I think so that it is a crappy offer. But sometimes rare vintage things can cost more than their original selling price - and inflation can also be factored in. Like I got some used records that say Rs 45 in 1980 - that was lot of money at that time I think. Today you can't get 1kg of arhar dal for 100 bucks!

That's why I posted this question here - maybe it is something good and rare.
regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back