upgraditis --planning to upgrade to 1080p from optoma hd65

Thats great Subhash:clapping:.

Did you check what distance is required to project a 120 inch image? I think Projector Central has a model based calculator\look up table.

review says 13.2 feet for 100" without zoom
will be having slightly more than 15 feet
so i guess its fine , also when mounted above the level of screen it shud be fill up
but need to chk on this

does using grey screen help to mask the black bars to some extent ???

by what time frame are you looking to buy this..
thinking of importing or getting from india?
I have my eyes on this for a long time..but wont be purchasing this without a demo..
the initial shipment in the US is with a lot of issues..
I have even got an ack from mits singapore on this.. they say the issue is due to a firmware upgrade..
Look in this post provided by me for more details..
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1174443&page=31#923

Also follow Art Fieremen on Projector Reviews - Projectors: LCD Projectors, DLP Video and Home Theater Projectors, Projector Screens, he just recieved a production model.

The Art of Home Theater Projectors Blog Archive Mitsubishi HC3800 Home Theater Projector First Look

Also ackowledment from mits:
http://www.projectorreviews.com/blo...c3800-home-theater-projector-update/#more-662

So If you are after this particular model,as lot of us are, then wait and watch, before you invest..

Last edited:
I have my eyes on this for a long time..but wont be purchasing this without a demo..
I have even got an ack from mits singapore on this.. they say the issue is due to a firmware upgrade..

Also follow Art Fieremen on Projector Reviews - Projectors: LCD Projectors, DLP Video and Home Theater Projectors, Projector Screens, he just recieved a production model.

The Art of Home Theater Projectors Blog Archive Mitsubishi HC3800 Home Theater Projector First Look

The Art of Home Theater Projectors Blog Archive Mitsubishi HC3800 Home Theater Projector - Update

So If you are after this particular model,as lot of us are, then wait and watch, before you invest..

Hi,

Already i have mentioned Mits is having shutdown problem, whether it is LCD or DLP the first lot have faced some kind of issues for most of the model they have released...So atleast we have to wait all the things were settled down for every new projector irrespective of any brands released in the market.. buying the goods from other continents is like buying from grey market which is without warranty and we cannot afford to send it back to repair. ..

Hi,

Already i have mentioned Mits is having shutdown problem, whether it is LCD or DLP the first lot have faced some kind of issues for most of the model they have released...So atleast we have to wait all the things were settled down for every new projector irrespective of any brands released in the market.. buying the goods from other continents is like buying from grey market which is without warranty and we cannot afford to send it back to repair. ..

that is what i feel too..
getting imported now, would mean getting shipment from the 1st lot, which means more risk..
better to wait till dec end/jan

The Art of Home Theater Projectors Blog Archive Mitsubishi HC3800 Home Theater Projector - Update

thanks jayad
that was very informative , which i had missed out on
was planning to get one from US , but only sometime in feb /10
will definetly wait and watch , do post latest updates on the mits 3800

wud have ended up like the onkyo 875 shutting down on dts hd ma bug
thanks again,

mits hc3800 latest updates:
The Art of Home Theater Projectors Blog Archive HC3800 projector - Availability
Latest models are fixed..so it seems alls well with this now..

Wow! Thats a good news.. for me it is still between HC3800 and Panasonic 4000... i need to decide in another 2 weeks as i have got someone coming from US who will get it for me.. if the problem is resolved for sure, it might be Mits...:yahoo:

One more concern with Mits is that the product sheet available in http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_spec_5127.pdf
shows it as 100V 50/60 Hz. Anyone knows if it is 100-240V??

Thanks,
Govind.

Wow! Thats a good news.. for me it is still between HC3800 and Panasonic 4000... i need to decide in another 2 weeks as i have got someone coming from US who will get it for me.. if the problem is resolved for sure, it might be Mits...:yahoo:

One more concern with Mits is that the product sheet available in http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_spec_5127.pdf
shows it as 100V 50/60 Hz. Anyone knows if it is 100-240V??

Thanks,
Govind.

was in touch with a person called Carmen from projector central
and am told that the problem has been resolved and further sales will be only after checking all the pjs individually with hdmi

pm me your email id will forward you my interactions with them , u cud sort out the voltage issue too

hi govind , hope u went thro the interactions

but surprisingly they hardly heard of the shutdown issues, until i sent a link sent by jayad

anyway they did agree on it, and have been assured of sales only with new shipment

but surprisingly they hardly heard of the shutdown issues, until i sent a link sent by jayad

anyway they did agree on it, and have been assured of sales only with new shipment

before placing any order confirm that the firmware version on the projector is 3.0

picked from avsforums..
The new projector lists its software (the first line on the maintenance screen - accessed by holding up+down+menu buttons simultaneously on the projector itself) as version 3.0 and the older projector has version 1.0.

Thanks for sharing the details, Subhash! I really appreciate your help:clapping: Will contact them tomorrow to check teh voltage details...

before placing any order confirm that the firmware version on the projector is 3.0

picked from avsforums..
The new projector lists its software (the first line on the maintenance screen - accessed by holding up+down+menu buttons simultaneously on the projector itself) as version 3.0 and the older projector has version 1.0.

but how will we able to do this ?
will send a mail and chk out if the newer shipment is version 3.0

but how will we able to do this ?
will send a mail and chk out if the newer shipment is version 3.0

if you are getting it imported i guess you willl just have to take the dealers word on it..
You can instruct him to check the firmware version..

Still confirm that the units with firmware version 3.0 are stable without any issues..check avsforums and other places..

if you are getting it imported i guess you willl just have to take the dealers word on it..
You can instruct him to check the firmware version..

Still confirm that the units with firmware version 3.0 are stable without any issues..check avsforums and other places..

am getting it thro my brother , but its going to be only sometime in feb. but thot he cud pik it up now as there cud be good deals , have told him to hold on till jan/feb , hopefully the issue shud be resolved by then orelse look out for other models

the advantage of the mits 3800 was its size, easy to carry compared to the pana 4000

am getting it thro my brother , but its going to be only sometime in feb. but thot he cud pik it up now as there cud be good deals , have told him to hold on till jan/feb , hopefully the issue shud be resolved by then orelse look out for other models

the advantage of the mits 3800 was its size, easy to carry compared to the pana 4000

getting it picked now, say within 1-2 weeks has its advantages and disadvantages..
Right now the mits 3800 has earned a bad name with the early issues reported, which would be impacting sales in someway..so obviously mits would be looking to offer more discounts for pushing the sales.. maybe you may even see the mits 3800 nearer to 1000$ mark..but that would be only for a short duration..
disadvantage is trusting that the fixes provided with the 3.0 firmware have not introduced any other glitches in performance ( if the fix is with the HDMI signal, there maybe some impact on the color/contrast )

think it wud be better off to look @ other models than risking

i would not recommending other models, as there are not many which offer the performance in the price category..
If there are no budget contraints and you can maybe go upto 1800, then there are two very good prjs..
one is the pana 4000 and another is the sharp z15000 which offer excellent performance..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back