upgraditis --planning to upgrade to 1080p from optoma hd65

well some news.. bad one for now..
i tried connecting the output from my AVR Yamaha 863 which can send 1080p after upscaling and my HTPC (which was earlier connected to the 1080p LCD and was running fine) which also sends a 1080p but in neither case i got a display from my mitsu :(
maybe teething troubles..
has anyone of u guys connected a 1080p via a HTPC/DVD/BD Player to ur prj?

I am also searching over avsforums for this particular thing.. maybe it is strictly 1080p/24fps but still need to check..

Santosh maybe with HD20 u can share this info..

i will put in the images of the 3 modes and one anamorphic mode..
maybe the image hosting tinypic would be used.. as my attachements quota is almost full
anybody tried opening from tinypic.. is it accessible..

maybe i will post these in a day or two looking into the 1080p prob first..

i tried connecting the output from my AVR Yamaha 863 which can send 1080p after upscaling and my HTPC (which was earlier connected to the 1080p LCD and was running fine) which also sends a 1080p but in neither case i got a display from my mitsu :(

I am also searching over avsforums for this particular thing.. maybe it is strictly 1080p/24fps but still need to check..

:mad::mad::mad:
it is my 5m DAC HDMI cable which is the problem..
seems the max it is capable of is 480p

now i have to do recabling
anyways i hv clicked the photos in several modes from my other DAC HDMI (this one has poorer black levels) and will post tonight.

Jay, have you tried using a 1080p source and doing a passthrough (without using the AVR's chip to upscale)? Also, can you tell more about how exactly your connection are currently. Did you change anything since the time you put up those 2.35 : 1 pics?

now i have to do recabling
anyways i hv clicked the photos in several modes from my other DAC HDMI (this one has poorer black levels) and will post tonight.

Ensure you are using a minimum of 1.3a certified HDMI cable. If you are unable to find one, just get a MX cable (Rs.800 for the fancy one with right angle connectors) and get a good quality one from abroad later. I got a 1.3b certified 'SONIQ' brand HDMI cable from Australia for around 4k INR. When I was looking for a HDMI cable, a 10 Meter DAC cable would cost 12k:sad:, even uncertified and unheard of brands would cost 9 to 10k.

EDIT: Even Bandridge makes 5M 1.3 certified HDMI cables for around 2.5k, check ezone, reliance-digital etc.

Last edited:
How about these from Amazon :
Amazon.com: GTMax Premium High Speed Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI Flat Cable 1080p, PS3, Blu-Ray DVD, Xbox 360 W/Nylon Sleeve - ( 25 Feet, Black/Gold ): Electronics

This is a 1.3 Category II certified 25ft flat hdmi cable and costs 60$. On offer I got it for 997/- INR (shipped in US), offer is still there... It does the job better than my philips hdmi cable. They have recently introduced hdmi 1.4 certified cables also.

Jay, have you tried using a 1080p source and doing a passthrough (without using the AVR's chip to upscale)? Also, can you tell more about how exactly your connection are currently. Did you change anything since the time you put up those 2.35 : 1 pics?

Ensure you are using a minimum of 1.3a certified HDMI cable. If you are unable to find one, just get a MX cable (Rs.800 for the fancy one with right angle connectors) and get a good quality one from abroad later. I got a 1.3b certified 'SONIQ' brand HDMI cable from Australia for around 4k INR. When I was looking for a HDMI cable, a 10 Meter DAC cable would cost 12k:sad:, even uncertified and unheard of brands would cost 9 to 10k.

EDIT: Even Bandridge makes 5M 1.3 certified HDMI cables for around 2.5k, check ezone, reliance-digital etc.

Last edited:

I had earlier purchased a 10 M DAC 1080 certified cable. It was very-very bad cable. There was too much noise in the cable. I had to return it. Then I bought Comprehensive X3V 1080 certified cable for 112$. Cousin of mine brought it to India. Awesome cable for the money.

Santhosh: How come DAC cable is costing 10 to 12k???

when BDP connected directly to the HD65 , with BDP setting as AUTO, display from PJ shows 1080p/24 fps/50fps/60fps depending on the disc with BDs and 720p for dvds, the same when signal sent thro AVR with setting as Auto in AVR

@Subash,

Saw the updates photos of your setup via the bluray link. Awesome photos, like your macho Jamos and Marantz SACD and definitve very much. Also, have you upgraded your projector and if you did, what did you do your old projector?

Cheers!

@Subash,

Saw the updates photos of your setup via the bluray link. Awesome photos, like your macho Jamos and Marantz SACD and definitve very much. Also, have you upgraded your projector and if you did, what did you do your old projector?

Cheers!
thanks
still on the look out for the full HD pj, as yet not zeroed in on any model ,waiting for inputs from jayad

@Subash,

Oh, my inclination towards LCD is because I am afraid I dont have enough space and, of course, the budget required, but not able to convince myself after seeing Srinisundar sir's setup. I started loving projectors since when I saw his Full HD mistubshi's performance.

Cheers!

Hi,

I am planning to add a projector or a 50" to my setup by next year.

Cheers!

Hey,

Go for a PJ with 120" screen, any time awesome to watch Blurays, than a 50" TV. I'm also on a hunt for a 1080p PJ, even after having a 46" LED. The PJ experience is completely different.

cheers.

Hey,

Go for a PJ with 120" screen, any time awesome to watch Blurays, than a 50" TV. I'm also on a hunt for a 1080p PJ, even after having a 46" LED. The PJ experience is completely different.

cheers.

hi,

Yeah, thatz very true what you and Subash are saying. I am having my eyes on Optoma HD20, which I feel is a good VFM. If you have someone in US, then you can bag it for 50K.

Cheers!

well even i shopped at the same time as u did .. i was constructing the basement during aug 09..
but the thing that it did wrong was that i didnt check the certification.. i thought that brand name was good enough..
also the cable i thought was 5m is actually 10m..

i basically connected the prj directly with another 2m DAC cable with the other end to DVD player and found that the HDMI upscaling options got enabled.. so then got the idea of connecting the HTPC 1080p and it worked fine with the 2m cable but did not with the 10m DAC.
now i wd need a good VFM HDMi cable with HDMI 1.3 certification

Last edited:
How about these from Amazon :
Amazon.com: GTMax Premium High Speed Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI Flat Cable 1080p, PS3, Blu-Ray DVD, Xbox 360 W/Nylon Sleeve - ( 25 Feet, Black/Gold ): Electronics

This is a 1.3 Category II certified 25ft flat hdmi cable and costs 60$. On offer I got it for 997/- INR (shipped in US), offer is still there... It does the job better than my philips hdmi cable. They have recently introduced hdmi 1.4 certified cables also.

does amazon ship to india? if not what is the next best way.. borderlinx wd be for heavy stuff, KMD takes more than a month.. any other alternative?

when BDP connected directly to the HD65 , with BDP setting as AUTO, display from PJ shows 1080p/24 fps/50fps/60fps depending on the disc with BDs and 720p for dvds, the same when signal sent thro AVR with setting as Auto in AVR

which HDMI cable to u have?

does amazon ship to india? if not what is the next best way.. borderlinx wd be for heavy stuff, KMD takes more than a month.. any other alternative?

Link given in USA Ebay section.. Vendor is selling gold plated 1.3b certified HDMI cable( life time warranty).. Shipping worldwide. Like this lot of vendors will be in ebay.. try that... If you want any help let me know.

eBay Store: Search results for Flash Drive.

India shipping is very cheaper, priority/USPS express is less than $29 it will reach within 7 days..

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back