upgraditis --planning to upgrade to 1080p from optoma hd65

santosh u cud check out the link in page 2 for a variety of 2:35.1 screens

and also diy anamorphic lens fitted on to the PJ

the difference from the 16:9 is indeed day and night

what abt the benq W5000 street price 2000 usd

and also the new benq w1000 @ 1000$ both are dlp , the w5000 has great reviews

chk out the 20 north sale on thier website , there are great deals for projectors

hd 20 @ 52k
mits 3800 @ 73k
benq w5000 @ 1.2

santosh u cud check out the link in page 2 for a variety of 2:35.1 screens

and also diy anamorphic lens fitted on to the PJ

the difference from the 16:9 is indeed day and night
Indeed, the difference is huge. You are spreading your upgraditis to me too:D

chk out the 20 north sale on thier website , there are great deals for projectors

hd 20 @ 52k
mits 3800 @ 73k
benq w5000 @ 1.2

I almost fell of my chair when I saw your post on HD20:lol:

Here is the breakup for the HD20 deal @ 20North:
Sale Price: Rs. 52500
Customs duty: Rs. 13871
Shipping: Rs. 4864
Sub-Total Rs. 71235

Still a great price IMO.

Last edited:
Indeed, the difference is huge. You are spreading your upgraditis to me too:D:

I almost fell of my chair when I saw your post on HD20:lol:

Here is the breakup for the HD20 deal @ 20North:
Sale Price: Rs. 52500
Customs duty: Rs. 13871
Shipping: Rs. 4864
Sub-Total Rs. 71235

Still a great price IMO.

i dindt open the page so the misquote:eek:

upgraditis bug , 2:35.1 screen link , man for this u need to buy the adjacent plot and i need to knock of my rear walls :yahoo:

Last edited:
Also consider the cost of the replacement lamp when deciding the projector, I believe the Mits lamp cost is double that of HD20 or W1000. Me too in the same boat and for the cost of lamp might settle for HD20 or W1000
-Manish

Also consider the cost of the replacement lamp when deciding the projector, I believe the Mits lamp cost is double that of HD20 or W1000. Me too in the same boat and for the cost of lamp might settle for HD20 or W1000
-Manish

how much does the benq W1000 cost here ?

:D
-Manish

Good suggestion, Manish:clapping:

Depneding on how much is the usage per year and how long it will take for one to certainly to upgrade teh pj, we can estimate the number of bulb changes. For me, it looks like it will be about 1000 hrs a year of usage and a max 4-5 years before i would certainly go for an upgrade:D So, I will count one or two bulb change as the range.

i think as srinisundar stated in his earlier post , we shud not worry about the bulb when we are buying a pj

2000--3000hrs of bulb life is a lot , my hd65 has done hardly 200 hrs in about one and half to 2 years (i use it only for movie watching /no cable connection)

its better to upgrade the PJ when its time for change of bulb , as the life of other parts too wud be in question down abt 4 -5 years of usage

any idea , how the fast motion scenes (chases, action scenes) wud be on 1080p pjs, wud there be a slight judder as i see in my hd65 or is it eliminated ?

how much does the benq W1000 cost here ?
Not sure abt the cost locally, but its in the 250$ range same as HD20 where as the mits lamp is in excess of 500$. My take on the upgrade of the projector is soon there will be HD telecast and even if I buy today and use it sparingly in couple of years when there is HD broadcast I will use the PJ more often and will run out of lamp life :sad:

If DD is promising to beam commonwealth games in HD which is just around the corner I am sure the likes of Nat Geo, History, Discovery, HBO, etc., will surely want to take the lead.

So folks before you know HD will be here!

If you need a LCD projector, then Bestbuy has Epson - PowerLite Home Cinema 8100 for 1199$, now I am confused!!
-Manish

Last edited:
its back to 1400$ now
maybe that was a deal available for one of lot,which got sold out..
anyway as this is the black friday week you would see a lot of deals such as this..

To catch a deal already your mind should be set for the particular brand/bench mark Price in this kind of Black friday deals who are planning to buy from USA or you will loose your wheel.

is it a good option to wait till the actual day (black friday or the next cyber monday) or close in a deal if u feel the price is good enough?
I have no prior experience of such shopping.. how much discounts can one expect(10-15% or more?).. also which sites to particularly look into(the headings such as merry Christmas or Christmas discounts is good enough to say that it is a black friday sale?)

is it a good option to wait till the actual day (black friday or the next cyber monday) or close in a deal if u feel the price is good enough?
I have no prior experience of such shopping.. how much discounts can one expect(10-15% or more?).. also which sites to particularly look into(the headings such as merry Christmas or Christmas discounts is good enough to say that it is a black friday sale?)

Already sales were started in some outlets, if the stock is down in that store it may not come out on the day with lower price... detailed sale list store wise can be found in below. Amazon is good / Best buy / Fry's are good on price part adding Newegg.com.

Please make a research in pricegrabber for the benchmark price...

Black Friday Ads and Black Friday Ad Scans for 2009 at BlackFriday.info!

Check out Black Friday Ads - The Official Black Friday 2009 Website as well. The only problem with Amazon is they dont support Paypal. Check for sites that accept paypal and create an Paypal ID which will allow you to link your Indian CC for payment. You can then provide an US address for shipping. I have used it couple of times with Compusa and Monoprice and works like a charm!

Be glued to these portals this week for deals, you can expect upto 20-30% at times. There is a rumour that HD20 might get discounted as a new model HD22 is coming out. Even with a 10-15% off on HD20 makes it a very sweet buy!

Some sites worth looking out are Tigerdirect.com (looks like they have the same set of products for Circuitcity and Compusa so might be the parent company), Newegg.com and frozencpu.com (for computer spares and mods), frys.com, bestbuy.com, jr.com amongst others.
-Manish

guys

i have zeroed in on my nxt PJ upgrade, its going to be the -Mitsubishi HC3800
reasons being
--i prefer DLP
--entry level price ,but far better performance than most entry level pjs
--5000hr lamp life in low mode,
--easy lamp acess
--1.5X zoom compared to other DLP models which are 1.2x (slightly better placement flexibility)
--brightness 1300ansi / contrast 4000:1 , good enough
--Anamorphic Lens compatibility , mode1 /mode2 (16;9 /2.35:1) --only needs the external anamorphic lens no need for sled so u save on that when u upgrade to 2.35:1
--the best part is the price @ 1400USD
--and weighs in @ 3.5 kgs and can be easily carried from US unlike the other PJs which are all above 8kgs and bulky

guys

Thats great Subhash:clapping:.

Did you check what distance is required to project a 120 inch image? I think Projector Central has a model based calculator\look up table.

guys

reasons being

:eek:hyeah: guess it's time for another demo at you'r place, once you've made your purchase.

HAPPY PROJECTING!!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

cheers

the review says 13.2 feet for 100" image without zoom
need to chk on this
i get abt 15 feet / also will be mounted above the level of screen , so i guess it shud fill up

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back