Vinyl I am listening to...

The Crusaders - Scratch

NzgtMjIxNS5qcGVn.jpeg

Half speed remaster 45 rpm double disc
View attachment 68700
Great album. I have the XRCD CD edition of that album...

Dire-Straits---Brothers-in-Arms-XRCD.jpg

Anyway, I do have vinyl (not this album), but I'm unable to play them since I packed away my gear for a move later. That said, my posting are limited here to commonality (we both have that album whether CD or vinyl).

Thanks.

John Williams - Star Wars

My05MzQ1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Speaking of Star Wars, Here my vinyl of Ron Carter's Empire Jazz. Thus far this one hasn't been reproduced on CD (I've searched for it), so I copied it to CD myself and ripped it to my PC. Love this album and my favorite tracks are Asteroid Field and The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme). Really the entire album is excellent. Would love to find it on CD.

Empire-Jazz---Front.jpg

Album Artists...
Empire-Jazz-Album---Backside.jpg

Empire Jazz by Ron Carter.jpg

Speaking of Star Wars, Here my vinyl of Ron Carter's Empire Jazz. Thus far this one hasn't been reproduced on CD (I've searched for it), so I copied it to CD myself and ripped it to my PC. Love this album and my favorite tracks are Asteroid Field and The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme). Really the entire album is excellent. Would love to find it on CD.

View attachment 68984

Album Artists...
View attachment 68985

View attachment 68986
This looks so awesome. Any chance you could share the ripped files?

Any Charanjeet Singh vinyl has become very expensive for no reason. Love this Super Seven
and all his tunes where used by almost all AIR stations for the gap filling until next bulletin or the next program.
also, during 80's when Cassette recording were being done by Recording shops, these guys used to fill in the last 1 or 2 minutes of the tape.

and all his tunes where used by almost all AIR stations for the gap filling until next bulletin or the next program.
also, during 80's when Cassette recording were being done by Recording shops, these guys used to fill in the last 1 or 2 minutes of the tape.
1651512126175.jpg
most of the time,for some reason, it was "Yeh Dosti" and "Ek Din Bik Jayaga"

Yesterday went down nostalgia lane with a few Kenny Rogers albums. This included his classic hits ," Ruby Don't Take Your Love to Town, " Lucille", " Tulsa Turnaround" , and others. Still have a copy of a record purchased in 1982. Heard this on a friend's Sherwood tt fitted with an Ortofon Omega cart. Pretty decent sound for a low cost cart, with a bit of sibilance, possibly due to cart alignment.
Charanjit Singh brought back warm memories of our great masters who could take u to musical nirvana. Recall Sunil Ganguly on electric guitar and Van Shipley on the piano accordion( hope my memory serves me right on this one).

No vinyl as I stated earlier, I packed up my gear so no turntable to play my vinyl.

That said if you don't mind me still posting (If this is an issue, please let me know, and I'll move on.) I'd like to say I'm starting to experience Nina Simone having bought five CDs - 2 downloaded from HDTracks, 7 Digital). Never listened Nina Simone before (I'm certainly in that group that could/should have) so this is all new to me. That said of the five I got, my favs are Silk and Soul (more soulful) and I Put A Spell on You (more bluesy). I like the others but those two are my standouts.

Nina Simone.jpg

Any Nine Simone fans? Any suggested albums I should check out?

For "proof of membership in the vinyl club" here are some of my "audiophile" editions. (I also own over 800 albums, and 2700 CD's) :)

Audiophile-Jazz-Vinyl-Collection.jpg

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back