Vinyl I am listening to...

Any Nine Simone fans? Any suggested albums I should check out?
Not a big fan but I do listen to Nina Simone. Why not get best of Nina Simone ?

I like....
Four Women, Mississippi goddam. I Loves you porgy, My baby just cares for me, Dont let me be misunderstood.
...highly listenable voice.
regards

Not a big fan but I do listen to Nina Simone. Why not get best of Nina Simone ?

I like....
Four Women, Mississippi goddam. I Loves you porgy, My baby just cares for me, Dont let me be misunderstood.
...highly listenable voice.
regards

I thought about getting a "best of" but they tend to focus on popularity material, and miss out on more important stuff that conveys who an artist really is, and thus I've found "Best Of's" are not really a good way to get into an artist. YMMV.

And yes, those are some good tracks, but there is so much more to be appreciated. Anyway you stating off the bat you're not a big fan is probably why a "best of" works for you.

Thanks.

Bruce Springsteen - Letter to You

OTMtNTkyMC5qcGVn.jpeg
Great album. Love the first 3 tracks

Today was a ladies day. Carole King 'Tapestry'. Released in 1971 it sold an incredible 24 million copies and was on Billboard's Top 100 for six years. Iconic numbers were many incl " You got a Friend". For cat lovers the photo on cover had her cat Telemachus. The second Album was Olivia Newton John's 'Have You Never been Mellow' (1975). Other than the title track , we had 'Please Mr Please".

Hello, I am listening to Sob Rock by John Mayer and Currents by Tame Impala - The pressing and sound quality is pretty good. Also, I feel it is great that artists of today's era are releasing music on vinyl too.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back