Vinyl I am listening to...

Thanks a lot !!!! Need to source an analog pressing … Not sure where from though !! Any leads ??
Hi Sid,
I see you are from Bangalore. Try local record dealers first. SoM was very popular during that era and tons of it were sold in Indian market. There was hardly any home listening to western music which didn't have it. So it should be pretty easy to spot one.
Other more experienced record buyers from Bangalore may help you too.
Just give it a try and see.

Two stellar live jazz albums I picked up recently.

0sgkqrywxbi81.jpg

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful gift. I listen to different music for inspiration - from Elvis Presley's beautiful love songs to Limp Bizkit's furious songs about hatred.

Today it was George Benson " Weekend in LA". I did feel that this was one of his best albums. A decent pressing and certainly worth a listen.

Today it was Paul Anka "Anka". Iconic. Being Father's Day , "Papa" was most appropriate. Not to mention" Bring the Wine", "One Woman Man", and others.
On another note, Qurbani. Though I don't have the album, "Aap Jaisa Koi", picturised on Zeenat Aman was enough for young (then) persons like me to skip classes for this movie. No regrets.

A short thundershower in the morning and " Pyaasa" on the turntable. Iconic songs by Hemant Kumar " Jane woh Kaise Log...", Mohd Rafi " Sar Jo tera chakraye", Geeta Dutt " Aaj sajan mohe aang laga le" with the preceding verse " jab hum chale to saya bhi apna". Nicely recorded vocals.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back