Vinyl I am listening to...

With Julie Andrews being honoured with a "Lifetime Achievement" Award recently, it was time to take out my copy of ' Sound of Music'. The Album is still awe inspiring and and a nice listen.
On another note, both the Pink Floyd and Dire Straits albums above are classics. I have heard the other pressings of above and they remain eternal favourites.

With Julie Andrews being honoured with a "Lifetime Achievement" Award recently, it was time to take out my copy of ' Sound of Music'. The Album is still awe inspiring and and a nice listen.
On another note, both the Pink Floyd and Dire Straits albums above are classics. I have heard the other pressings of above and they remain eternal favourites.
Hi, which pressing do you own ? I am talking about Sound of Music . A few years ago Music on Vinyl reissued it on 180g vinyl . Not sure if that was sourced from the Analogue tapes . Do you know how it sounds btw ? Thanks !

Hi Sid. I have a old pressing, by the Gramaphone Company of India. It is a Mono pressing ,LOCD2005. For playing mono records, i use either an Audio Technica AT 3600L or a Sanyo MG -09 D cart( both made in Japan) . My feeling is that these are more forgiving of surface noise . HOld Bollywood also sounds better with these cartridges with spherical stylii.
This particular copy does sound good. I have not heard the remaster.

Hi, which pressing do you own ? I am talking about Sound of Music . A few years ago Music on Vinyl reissued it on 180g vinyl . Not sure if that was sourced from the Analogue tapes . Do you know how it sounds btw ? Thanks !
Hi Sid, MOV is digitally sourced. And it's very easy to source an old analogue pressing of SoM in good condition for cheap.
OTOH, MOV records sound good most of the time. Sourcing an analogue pressing may give you peace of mind.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back