Vinyl I am listening to...

Is the sound of this half speed mastered album any better than other albums ?
What "other albums" are you referring to? We need something to compare.

That said, can try to explain the sound all day long but you won't know until you hear for yourself.

That said, can try to explain the sound all day long but you won't know until you hear for yourself

That said, can try to explain the sound all day long but you won't know until you hear for yourself.
What I meant was is a half speed mastered album better than a full speed mastered (normal) album.

They tend to sound a bit richer and clearer, though not as bassy or loud (also why not everything gets the HS treatment). With that, as I said, we can try to explain it all day, but you have to hear one in comparison to a normal mastered one to appreciate the sound.

Additionally, the quality of your system also plays a big part in hearing the difference. While you don't need a $10,000dollar system to appreciate the sound, a hundred-dollar system isn't going to do justice either. You can check the video to get an idea...

You know the vibe when you have a Monday off...

iost034qw2891.jpg

Yesterday it was Masoom: "Tujhse Naaraz Nahin Zindagi" rendered by Lataji and Anup Ghosal is a classic. This 45 rpm mono pressing is well recorded. RD Burman remains at his best. The other LP was Rattan: "Ankhiyan Milake" by Zohra Ambala and "O Janewale" by Ameerbai & Shyam Kumar are true classics. I have an EMI pressing, 1977, which has a thinner tone. However, worth a listen to the fine music by Naushad.

Yesterday it was Masoom: "Tujhse Naaraz Nahin Zindagi" rendered by Lataji and Anup Ghosal is a classic. This 45 rpm mono pressing is well recorded. RD Burman remains at his best. The other LP was Rattan: "Ankhiyan Milake" by Zohra Ambala and "O Janewale" by Ameerbai & Shyam Kumar are true classics. I have an EMI pressing, 1977, which has a thinner tone. However, worth a listen to the fine music by Naushad.
Dear friend old pressing is still good than new pressing.you can listen like paying guest,Hum dono,Dulari ,Naya ghar etc.I have good collections of vinyls and despite of all new available sources I enjoy vinyl.Masoom recording is very good.Enjoy others titles.

Hello Steevieboy,
The main intention is to discuss only vinyls here. The reason is to know what good music is available on vinyl and also to know which pressing or which company provide most satisfactory recording.
The ones you have mentioned are quite new to me. I am not atall into rock music so its a good opportunity to educate myself. Last weekend I purchased couple of records and had a wonderful listening experience over the weekend
Deutsche Gramaphone : Richard Strauss, Berliner Philharmoniker
Deutsche Gramaphone : Beethoven, Wilhelm Kempff Piano
Impovisations West meets East Album 3. Amazing album planning to get volume 1 and 2 as well. Yehudi Menuhin, Ravi Shankar
Frank Sinatra Come fly with me
Elvis a Legendary Performer
Sitar Maestro ustaad Vilayat Khan.
I fully agrre with you that the appearance of a vinyl can be deceptive as with this Vilayat Khan it looks perfect no scrath very good recording but it has some manufacturing defect and the stylus keeps on bumping .Have to change it.
I am interested in the Hotel california vinyl.How is the recording???
Thnaks,
Mahiruha.
I have hotel California's vinyl.Its recording is beautiful .

Today, befitting the monsoons, it was Paul McCartney and the Wings" Band on the Run". With its iconic numbers like 'Mamunia', 'Picasso's Last Word', 'Jets' and others, this is a pleasing listen. I own the Indian pressing, wherein the hi frequencies have disappeared due to play on my ceramic tt,s! Notwithstanding, it's the music.

Today, befitting the monsoons, it was Paul McCartney and the Wings" Band on the Run". With its iconic numbers like 'Mamunia', 'Picasso's Last Word', 'Jets' and others, this is a pleasing listen. I own the Indian pressing, wherein the hi frequencies have disappeared due to play on my ceramic tt,s! Notwithstanding, it's the music.
I have the 25 Anniversary Limited Edition - Paul McCartney and Wings Band On The Run: Limited Edition (2 disk). Found it used (excellent condition) some years ago for $19 bucks. Sound quality is excellent as the disk is remastered, but I've never heard any other editions of the album, so...

Band-On-The-Run-25-Anniversary-Edition.jpg

The second disk is mainly commentary on the tracks/songs.

Yesterday it was Diana Ross and the Supremes Join the Temptations LP.This is a Motown MS 679 recording(1968). A nice LP. On a side note Bryan Adams was a favourite many decades back. Thank you for the memories.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back