Vinyl I am listening to...

So what makes the CD sound better than the LP?

Songs are of better quality. This Classics Forever CD series comprises extra music. The possible reason could be all CDs remastered by Pancham Studios, Bhuvneswar by Debasish Mahapatra are of excellent quality. He himself is an ardent music fan and understands audio very well. Probably he used better sources and master for audio reproduction. A few CDs like Tumse Milke, Double CD pack, Bullet Train, all classics forever series. Kishore Kumar and Mohd Rafi Down Memory Lane (compilations) are to name a few

Tonight
The Beatles - Revolver
My0yOTIxLmpwZWc.jpeg

Today took out some old 45 rpm,at random! First was a 1969 Ernest Ignatius (with Ronnie Menezes Quartet), "That Old Blues"&"I Married a Female Wrestler". Both these were very popular in early 70s. George Harrison, "Bangladesh"&" Deep Blue". Aradhana " Roop Tera Mastana"&"Baghon Mein Bahar Hai". Surprisingly these singles were well recorded and played nicely through a Dual 1019 (with an EG 1400 cart) for which I am trying to procure spares like idler pulley, main cam and spare headshell. These 45 rpm do need a .7 mil stylii for better playback.

Due to being out of town could not listen to my music. So today started with Police(Sting) third album, Zenyatta Mondatta. " Don't stand too close to me" and "DododoDaaDaa" being their singles hits. Also Lipps Inc, "Funky Town". A well recorded album which was so popular in the old disco days! Still makes your feet tap.
Paigham(1959,C. Ramachandra) was next. While most songs were average recording, maybe because I used an elliptical stylus, as I am lubricating the Dual 1019 motor, the iconic "Yehi Paigham Hamara" by Manna Dey was very well recorded.
Friends, I guess all of you must be having a summer break, as I see no posts after 12 April 2023!

Truly a Colossus: Sonny Rollins. After completing the re lubrication of my Dual 1019, today put on Paying Guest, 1957, SD Burman. Classic songs like 'Choor do Anchal,zamama kya kahega', 'Hahi hahi yeh nigahein' and other hits defined this Dev Anand& Nutan movie. My copy is a 45 rpm, 1978 version cost a princely ₹30.86 then. A bit of sibilance on female vocals. Wonder if any member can throw light on a 1957 copy, if it exists?

Truly a Colossus: Sonny Rollins. After completing the re lubrication of my Dual 1019, today put on Paying Guest, 1957, SD Burman. Classic songs like 'Choor do Anchal,zamama kya kahega', 'Hahi hahi yeh nigahein' and other hits defined this Dev Anand& Nutan movie. My copy is a 45 rpm, 1978 version cost a princely ₹30.86 then. A bit of sibilance on female vocals. Wonder if any member can throw light on a 1957 copy, if it exists?
Interestingly, discogs doesnt have an entry for the Paying Guest 1957 EP release. So must be rare?

1978 is the only version of Paying Guest with all the songs. There was no previous lp.

I don’t hear any sibilance on female vocals on that lp in my system.

Looks like while the movie was released in 1957 , the music was only in 1978 on a 45. Will spin it later tonight to check sibilance on my setup, But considering Prems setup is one of the moss resolving and natural i have heard it will not be the recording.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back