Vinyl I am listening to...

Hi Souravin. Spot on about the M55. A fine cart. Most of these old Shures had a very nice tone, incl the M44 series, which few liked to criticize for its 'v' curve sound. I have one brand new, which I religiously mount once a year on my trusted GA 242, listen to a couple of old Bollywood LPs (Rattan, Parasmani or Jazz : Al Miola, Miles Davis etc) and carefully pack it back!
Thanks Raj 12345. Most certainly will visit Gondia someday. It was a picturesque town as remembered over four and half decades back.
Analogadikt. Abs right. Many true monos have 1 mil styli, suitable for 50's and early 60's records. I can only recall Denon DL 102 and Miyajima Zero B MC with .7 mil. Zero A was 1 mil. I have strapped L&R of a few low cost carts for mono output. Maybe I did not like it. However my HMV mono ceramic cart, mounted on my HMV Calypso ( still have it, totally non functional), did have a likeable sound. RIP HMV: you did bring the records and players into our lives eons back.

Tonight,
Paul Simon - Graceland
MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Was hearing Rolling Stones '30 Greatest Hits' This is a 1977 German pressing by 'Arcade Records'. While it includes the classic hits like "Ruby Tuesday" and others, the recording quality was not liked by me. Also on play was Louis Armstrong 'Greatest Hits'. This is a Gramophone Company of India pressing. While the sound is in simulated stereo, I discovered , much to my chagrin, that abroad it is sold as a 2 LP set, while here this was a single LP with half the songs !
On another note , Satyaki's 45 rpm EP collection looks truly superb. In the seventies, an SP and EP cost less than ₹8/- & ₹14/- respectively. A fair amount in those days!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back