Vinyl I am listening to...

Nice! Are you into German krautrock / kosmische musik? Like Can, Faust, Neu!, Ash Ra Temple etc?
No, nothing specific like that.
Just happen to pick up liking towards some Synth Pop from my growing up years with the likes of Kraftwerk and OMD.
I used to have cassettes of the same back then and now the LPs :)

So, ending 2022 today by listening to some nice LPs. This includes Dosti (Dosti ka Yaaron nahi koi...), Parasmani( Salamat Raho Tum),Budha Mil Gaya,45 rpm, don't have the LP, sadly, ( Raat Kali ek Khwab mein aayee) and some ghazals.
On the last day of 2022, would like to thank all on this fora for keeping our love for the recorded arts so alive and vibrant, and wish all members and their families a Happy 2023, full of smiles, laughter and music.

Hello,
at last finished my latest round of vinyl cleaning. I was lsitening to

Very best of Nat King cole : It has the song monalisa and some other beautiful songs. Actually few months ago I bought this BBC documentery DVD on Michelangelo and Davinci. The Davinci dvd has a chapter on monalisa where this particular song was played. Loved the song didn't know it was Nat singing.Amazing song.

Harry Belafonte Pure gold: amazing reocrd. just loved all the songs. Have to get more from these guys.

Thanks.

Get this : Belefonte at Carnegie Hall. Live 4-1959 Concert. RCA LSO-6006. 2 LP set. Loved it - all my life.

Last edited:
Get this : Belefonte at Carnegie Hall. Live 4-1959 Concert. RCA LSO-6006. 2 LP set. Loved it - all my life.
One of the all time classic live records.
For those into live records, I also reccomend Framptom comes Alive, Kiss Alive, Neil Diamond's Love at the Greek, Chicago (box set - live at Carnegie Hall), Woodstock - Music from the original Soundtrack and More, Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park, Pink Floyd's P.U.L.S.E., Deep Purple's Made in Japan, Metallica's S&M, Led Zeppelin's Song Remains the Same and Dokken's Beast from the East. All great live performances (I found the quality of the woodstock recordings to be pretty ordinary when compared to the others). There are more but these are the ones that I regularly listen to from my collection.

Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else

LTEzOTkuanBlZw.jpeg

Today was Abba's day. Their icon Greatest Hits Lp still sounds great after all these years! The later versions had ' Fernando' , a chartbuster in its time! Also listened to 'Arrival', another fine album. Used a Philips EG1400 cartridge with an aftermarket new .7 mil styli, mounted on a GA242. I find these old carts quite suitable for less than pristine records.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back