Vinyl I am listening to...

PMLP 1195-96

PMLP 1197-98

These are the catalogue numbers.

They were not limited edition numbered release.
Great collection of Kishore Kumar songs. And they tried to squeeze as many numbers as possible in those 4 LPs. Which unfortunately led to compromise of the sound quality.
There was a similar release in Bengali too with very similar looking cover. And again not so good sound.
However good collection value.

Regards

Great collection of Kishore Kumar songs. And they tried to squeeze as many numbers as possible in those 4 LPs. Which unfortunately led to compromise of the sound quality.
There was a similar release in Bengali too with very similar looking cover. And again not so good sound.
However good collection value.

Regards
Yes I agree. How I wish the sound quality was a bit better. Spread out over 2 more LPs and this compilation would have been a treasure.

Tribute to a legend Kishore only has 6 songs per side. This is standard for any compilation. I don’t think number of songs per side is the issue. This lp was released along with the cd. I think they must have used digital master which was cut for the cd for this vinyl.

Dire Straits is among my favourite artists. I have owned/own their original releases, 2009/2010 remastered US releases and the MOFI releases.

For BIA and On Every Street, I personally prefer the original US releases mastered by Ludwig. For rest, I prefer UK originals.

I haven’t heard the Indian pressings.

Dire Straits is among my favourite artists. I have owned/own their original releases, 2009/2010 remastered US releases and the MOFI releases.

For BIA and On Every Street, I personally prefer the original US releases mastered by Ludwig. For rest, I prefer UK originals.

I haven’t heard the Indian pressings.
Hello Prem,
BIA u mean to say the 20th Anniversary version of Brother in Arms that was released in 2006 remastered by Bob Ludwig?

No, the original BIA one released in USA 1985 mastered by Ludwig. I have not heard the Ludwig remastered one. I have had the Stan Ricker double lp from 2006 and the Mofi double lp one.

No, the original BIA one released in USA 1985 mastered by Ludwig. I have not heard the Ludwig remastered one. I have had the Stan Ricker double lp from 2006 and the Mofi double lp one.
The 1985 Release also had 2 pressings - Allied & Speciality.
So at times it can be quite confusing.

Look for Masterdisk RL in the dead wax. I guess both the pressings will have it. In US, vinyls are pressed in different plants. But mastering will be the same.

Yes. But when you are buying, specifically ask the seller if there’s a Masterdisk RL on the dead wax on both the sides.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back