Vinyl I am listening to...

It can be machine stamped or hand inscribed. Doesn’t matter as long as you can see a Masterdisk RL in the dead wax on both sides.

3-Classics.jpg

Three classics on audiophile CD - The Doors L.A. Woman (DCC), Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (XRDC), and Elton John - Greatest Hits (DCC).

The DCC disks are gold plated disks mastered by Steve Hoffman. I shot this in 2011 while driving home from a road trip. BTW, the book under the Dire Straits CD is Stephen King's "It"

Today was Johnny Cash LP 'I Forgot to Remember to Forget'. Other than the title song it has other iconic songs such as " Hey Good Looking" and " Train of Love". Picked up this mint condition LP, along with a a few Jim Reeves, Englebert Humperdinck and Perry Como issues, also in mint condition, mostly recorded by Pickwick and Camden of England, all released in the 70's. Sound quality was average on 'electronically created stereo' pressings. However, playback on my Tt fitted with an EEI Classic 700 cart + aftermarket Shure N 75 elliptical stylus, the LPs did sound good.

Some more audiophile CDs.

Earth Wind & Fire's Last Days and Time, Japanese Paper Sleeve Blu-Spec CD. Rare Earth Get Ready CD mastered in hi-res @ 24-bit / 96kHz....

Rare Earth-EWF.jpg

Note the Get Ready CD is replicated to look like an album. Both CDs are paper sleeve editions. Do have EW&F on vinyl as well.

Today took out my Christmas favourites. Jim Reeves(12 Songs of Christmas), Ron Goodwin(Christmas Wonderland), Burl Ives(Have a Holly Jolly Christmas) and a Firestone commissioned LP, mid sixties, (only suitable for ceramic).
I listened to these with a vintage Sanyo Mm108 mag cart fitted with a NOS .7mil spherical stylus. It was nice.

75202073-CAAF-473A-A651-9C078F38CA23.jpeg
May be committing blasphemy here listening to a tape! But this Playlist must catch anyone's fancy ( those who listen to Tamil film music, that is)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back