Vinyl I am listening to...

Listening to 'My Friend Jack '

This was a very popular record in India when it first came out. Boat on the river was very popular and was common staple for english-solo in school competitions. My friend Jack sounded like it was prematurely faded out but is one of the highlights of the record.
Ps: you may have gone through loads of records to arrive at your personal collection. That record looks like it was just purchased :)

This was a very popular record in India when it first came out. Boat on the river was very popular and was common staple for english-solo in school competitions. My friend Jack sounded like it was prematurely faded out but is one of the highlights of the record.
Ps: you may have gone through loads of records to arrive at your personal collection. That record looks like it was just purchased :)
You are 💯 correct.
My friend Jack is my favourite song of Boney M. In this record that song sounds little compressed and the output is low compared with other titles. The EP is excellent, more dynamic.

As you mentioned Brown girl in the ring, Boat on the river songs are very popular in my school days annual programs/ competitions. 😍
Regards

Last edited:
A fantastic album from RD Burman with very good quality recording from 1973. One of the only two collaborations between Yash Chopra & RD Burman. Although the Kishore Kumar song, Kiska Rasta Dekhe is the most famous song from this album, the cabaret song, Kaanp Rahi Main by Asha Bhosle is one of the finest cabaret songs composed by the maestro, Panchamda for Asha. The psychedelic orchestration at the beginning of the song is simply mind-blowing.

1692962078162.jpeg

Another nice album from Bappi Lahiri. Satyamev Jayate was a comeback film for Vinod Khanna after his sabbatical in mid-80s. This 1987 album has 3 versions of the fantastic song, Dil Mein Ho Tum sung by both Bappi Lahiri & S. Janaki. The bengali version of the song was released as Chirodini Tumi Je Aamar sung by both Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle from the 1987 bangla movie, Amar Sangi.

1692962796225.jpeg

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back