Vinyl I am listening to...

A little off-topic - That GL70 of yours look so cool. I know we enthusiasts are so obsessed with spotless and clean looking equipment, but there is a certain vibe for having equipment which exhibits wear. It's a trend which is catching on these days. It started with musicians who would passionately carry around and openly exhibit their favorite musical instrument with natural wear or DIY customization. Willie Nelson's Trigger and Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstrat, 2 of the world's most valuable guitars, immediately comes to mind.

Trigger.jpg eddie.jpg

A little off-topic - That GL70 of yours look so cool. I know we enthusiasts are so obsessed with spotless and clean looking equipment, but there is a certain vibe for having equipment which exhibits wear. It's a trend which is catching on these days. It started with musicians who would passionately carry around and openly exhibit their favorite musical instrument with natural wear or DIY customization. Willie Nelson's Trigger and Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstrat, 2 of the world's most valuable guitars, immediately comes to mind.

View attachment 79539 View attachment 79540
Thank you Ruben

The tt is actually a L70 , not a GL as it came straight from the Lenco factory and not via Goldring of UK. It is 1963 manufactured, so some of the age does show on the exterior. I believe it is called as patina .

Inside , the critical assemblies such as the motor and spindle bearing are completely overhauled. I also replaced the plastic idler with a metal one. All Lencos made till 1969 had a plastic idler wheel originally fitted , and this must be replaced with metal ones to achive rumble free performance and proper torque transmission.

I have no issues with extensive modifications to Lencos , but IMO that should be reserved for the (G)L75 versions. The (G)L70 , was in production for about five years only , hence it's numbers are much less than that of the 75 . Also it's mojo is in the sum of the parts , that somehow puts out a far higher level performance then what can be expected. This magic is lost in extensive modding. A good service of the components and a sympathetic cosmetic makeover is best IMO .

Apologies to all about the off topic musings, so to get this topic back on track , here is yesterday night's playlist, when I was in the mood for some jazz.
Thanks and Regards,

Anwesh IMG_20230909_203951342.jpg
IMG_20230909_234855987.jpgIMG_20230909_234958823_HDR.jpg

Well, good evening to all friends. Last few days listened to my ( very few) collection of Dev Anand LPs. This included Paying Guest, Hum Dono, Teen Devian, Prem Pujari, an EP of Mahal and Guide. An amazing journey down memory lane on his 100th birth anniversary. A human being to the core, his acting (and walking) style could never be emulated. " Wahan kaun hai tera, musafir jayega Kahan".

Back