Vinyl I am listening to...

I do hope all of us are enjoying the festive season. Let the music flow along with the happiness. Last few days listened to my small collection of 78 rpm shellacs. They always sound good, notwithstanding the surface noise! Played through my Dual 1019, a trusty old ( March1968) steed, which does need gentle care every years or so. Though it has a (very bearable) motor drone, it makes up, and more, by the solidity of the sound and a typical idler drive slam. Raaz , Farz, Upkar, Guide, Madhumati, Andaz and many others took me down a gentler era of National Ecko radios, HMV Safari record players and Weston ( Faridabad) compact cassette players.

Guessed that you haven't listened to Bappida's Disco Dancer LP. DD is undoubtedly the best album.
I actually prefer Bappi’s non Disco music as a whole. However I think it’s cool he also created Bappi-Disco, a style within itself. Hindi film music became a lot more saccharine post the 80’s.

I have Disco Dancer too and the pressing is great on HMV. Dance Dance is when T Series used to do good pressings.

Comparing only the two, Dance Dance is more international whereas Disco Dancer more Indian. I like Dance Dance for having Alisha Chinai who does a great job.

Good morning and a Happy Festive Season to all friends. Revisited Talat Mahmood, ' In a Blue Mood'. I have both an Angel (well used on ceramic) and an Odeon. Regardless, Talat sahab's mellifluous voice, "Raat ne Kya kya Khwab Dikhaye" takes you back to a different era. A must listen. This was heard on an Audio Technica AT 396 mag cart with an aftermarket Astatic .7 mil stylus. Since this cart is bass heavy, it does make some Bollywood recordings better, in my perception.

Would you say Patthar Ke Phool is one of the best 90’s recorded vinyl? Tips on White Label I have heard is great.
My system keeps changing so it is very difficult to give a comparison but yes , a very nice recording. The emotions in the voices are really felt . The PRaT , especially in the mumbai geography lesson is very enjoyable.

Today's fare

IMG_20231116_003620995_HDR.jpg

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back