Vinyl I am listening to...

179047_1_f.jpg

SHIVKUMAR SHARMA Plays Classical and Folk Melodies on Santoor.
Side One:
Raga Gurji Todi : Gat Vilambit, Tall Bhanumati, Gat Drut, Tritaal

Side Two:
Dhun Mishra Kirwani, Taal Kaharwa,Dogri Folk-Tune, Taal Dipchandi.

Last edited:
Ok...I JUST purchased a fantastic set of LPs.

This is a 5 LP box set of one of the legends of Rock.

Can't wait to hear it....should have it by the end of next week I hope.

live_in_gdansk_2_cd_slipsleeve_CD_large.jpg

SONLP34470.JPG

I'm very excited about this set and look forward to hearing it! :clapping:

Shaizada, MFSL's Tigerlily is brilliant.
Myriad, I have an older pressing of Tea For Two. It's quite dusty so haven't had a chance to play it. What's your take?

Myriad, I have an older pressing of Tea For Two. It's quite dusty so haven't had a chance to play it. What's your take?

Shahrukh,
The album is ok. More on the soft side for easy listening. The recording and sound quality is good.

Shaizada, MFSL's Tigerlily is brilliant.

I agree. It is a fantastic recording, however it just isn't tickling me the way some of the other LPs in my collection have. The recording is flawless, but it may be TOO perfect of a studio recording...if there is such a thing. :p

On a side note, my 5LP Box Set of David Gilmour Live At Gdansk came in today. HOLY SH_T! It sounds better than any Pink Floyd LP that's gone through my system. The vinyl is super quiet and flawlessly put together. His guitar playing is mesmerizing, the air in the cymbals is hypnotic and the crowd is so very well behaved. They listen VERY attentively during the songs and go in an uproar in between songs. They clearly are taken aback by the masters voice and instrumental skills.

Gilmour changes about 5 or 6 different guitars, each coloring the musical landscape in its own magical way.

The LP set is the next best thing to being there for the concert. It blows away the CD sound on every level. The only advantage in the 5CD Limited set are the DVD videos. But the sound of the LP set is UNMATCHED! :clapping:

SONLP34470.JPG

The other LP set that came in the mail today was all the way from the Netherlands.

The limited edition Porcupine Tree - The Incident with the 48 page photo book. Haven't heard it yet, but the packaging is a work of art.

pt_incident_499x495.jpg

Hi Mahiruha,

Where are you picking the LPs from. I see that you are from Cal. I visit Cal sometimes if possible I would like to roam around the stores/ where you keep picking up these beauties.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back