Vinyl I am listening to...

Hi Mahiruha,

Where are you picking the LPs from. I see that you are from Cal. I visit Cal sometimes if possible I would like to roam around the stores/ where you keep picking up these beauties.

Hello dilli,
well these are all sourced form a person who sells second hand LPs. These are not readily available you have to look for them and if you are lucky and you can get them. The way I do it I told him my taste. so he informs over phone whenever he gets them in good quality and I send somebody to to collect them.I am sure in delhi you have dealers like that. Please search the forum. Wheneever you are in Cal just pm me I will point you towards him.
Thanks.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue 50th Anniversary Edition

milessss.jpg

just found a personally autographed copy of a liona boyd lp in my collection. hadn't noticed it before! :D :D :D

ok guys! Pls welcome me to the vinyl listener's club!
Got a technics SL1700 used from old delhi shop on fri. Will post juicy details in another thread - but since last night I have listened to quite a few vinyls, mostly hindi including a collection of mukesh, hemant kumar, Silsila.
Mahiruha - can that person ship to delhi? What is the price he is charging?

Congrats ANM
First the Nad CDP, then the HK amp, then a tube pre and finally a LP player
:clapping::clapping:

Will be waiting to hear from you how LP's sound for the first time

I hope I set all these gadgets right and then post an impression. NAD CDP was very good buy. I think I need a lyrita phono as well now.

First Nad CDP, then the HK amp, then a tube pre Lyrita and finally a Technics record player

Anm I think the Vinyl bug stung you. Now I really have reason to come to your place to get this experience.

Ananda Shankar and his Music

Side-1
1.Streets of Calcutta
2.Cyrus
3.The Lonely Rider
4.The River
5.Vidai(Oarting)
6.Back Home

Side-2
1.Dawn
2.Renunciation
3.Dancing Drums

Last edited:
Hello Vasu,
did you get it in Calcutta or from abroad. Would love to get it. This is probably the last hindi movie released in LP. How is recording quality?
Thanks.

Hello Mahiruha,
This record was available with Yash Raj Music. They said they cannot post so my friend who was visiting Mumbai that time got it for me as well as for himself.
Regards
Vasu

Hello Mahiruha,
This record was available with Yash Raj Music. They said they cannot post so my friend who was visiting Mumbai that time got it for me as well as for himself.
Regards
Vasu
Hello vasu,
thanks for your reply. How is the recording quality. I find some recent release from HMV the records are very light and the recording quality isn't very good. Is it also problem with this record? I mean did you find this vinyl considerably better than the cd.
Thanks.

Hello vasu,
thanks for your reply. How is the recording quality. I find some recent release from HMV the records are very light and the recording quality isn't very good. Is it also problem with this record? I mean did you find this vinyl considerably better than the cd.
Thanks.

Veer Zaara record is of medium thickness, not very thin and no 180 gram vinyl either. The original studio recording of Veer Zaara is not in the league with A.R. Rahman's recordings. But no doubt, the vinyl sounds better than cd.
Regards
Vasu

Everyone's invited. I hope I can get all things setup in a couple of weeks. This weekend I was down with cold.

First Nad CDP, then the HK amp, then a tube pre Lyrita and finally a Technics record player

Anm I think the Vinyl bug stung you. Now I really have reason to come to your place to get this experience.

come_alive_jagjit_chitra_li.gif

Amamzing recording. Just loved the song " woh nehi milta mujhe" sung by Chitra Singh

True. I too love this one. Very good recording. Chitra Singh sounds the best ever on this album.

Highly recommended LP record to anyone who listens to old Jagjit-Chitra songs.

Thanks,
Sharad

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back