VU led-55k160gau

Very good value buy LED @ the price. I just hate the glossy bezel (@ etios: yes the picture in another thread is without any plastic), it is an eye sore. I'm thinking of ideas to make it matte without loosing warranty.

One idea is https://goo.gl/IHw90V

but i'm not sure if this will effect warranty.

EDIT: I sent a mail to VU asking if applying the method in the video will void any warranties, I think I already know the answer, lekin puchne mein kya jata hai. :)

Last edited:
But 50 Inch Iconium 4K TV shows as 56K. Less 5 inch + 6K and you get UHD right ? How is the quality and reliability ?

Very good value buy LED @ the price. I just hate the glossy bezel (@ etios: yes the picture in another thread is without any plastic), it is an eye sore. I'm thinking of ideas to make it matte without loosing warranty.

One idea is https://goo.gl/IHw90V

but i'm not sure if this will effect warranty.

EDIT: I sent a mail to VU asking if applying the method in the video will void any warranties, I think I already know the answer, lekin puchne mein kya jata hai. :)

I don't think any company will allow you to do that to their product :D

But you can do this after warranty gets over, how many months warranty do you have left as this is a replacement TV for you?

Is this glossy bezel disturbing from 8-10 feet distance? i am planning to tolerate the glossy bezel as this is the best 55 inch option in the market.

I got extended warranty, 2 yrs still left. Replacement does not change warranty period.

oh, i guessed only 1 year warranty, hopefully you will find a way to reduce the glossiness of the bezels without affecting the warranty.

Can try black vinyl sticker from local stickering shop... will looks like factory finish if applied correctly. Also peeling off wont leave any residue & no warranty issues.

Can try carbon fiber pattern sticker too.

But 50 Inch Iconium 4K TV shows as 56K. Less 5 inch + 6K and you get UHD right ? How is the quality and reliability ?

That is MRP, the pricing on flipkart is 50k for 50 inch 4k TV and 43k for 55 inch 1080P TV.

It does not make any sense to go for 4k as it will take 5-10 years for 4k content to become widespread. HD content itself is not widespread till now, even after great push from broadcasters this year, we have reached only 50 HD channels. Also SD channels look like utter crap on a huge 4k tv.

The bandwidth available with both DTH providers and Personal broadband connection in India is scarce, a 100-200 GB bandwidth internet connection needed for good HD streaming and movies download is still not available in most of the country and if available it is expensive. 4k content will take up loads of bandwidth which is not available in India.

Last edited:
Can try black vinyl sticker from local stickering shop... will looks like factory finish if applied correctly. Also peeling off wont leave any residue & no warranty issues.

Can try carbon fiber pattern sticker too.
Will get in a car accessories shop I guess?

even i tried to find hisense model but didnt find any. all hsense tvs are smart now. may be this a older model from there linup.

The last year models were all Edge-Lit and had more clouding issues compared to Direct-Lit models of this year, the smart TV's of Hisense also use same Direct-lit Display Panel this year, only difference is smart features and number of HDMI and USB ports. Hisense must be offering this model to rebranders like VU etc in many countries.

The last year models were all Edge-Lit and had more clouding issues compared to Direct-Lit models of this year, the smart TV's of Hisense also use same Direct-lit Display Panel this year, only difference is smart features and number of HDMI and USB ports. Hisense must be offering this model to rebranders like VU etc in many countries.

may be i order it tommorow. will review it soon.

ordered this today.. got it for rs40200 only after all the republic day discount. now waitng for delivery. will review it soon.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back