VU TV owners thread

I brought the VU Premium android 43 Inch 4K TV 43-OA, This TV has the best panel in budget segment, Its a VA panel (deep black levels ) with good brightness and great static contrast ratio. Most budget TVs lack good brightness and contrast ratio. Build quality feels good according to price and coming to sound output it decent, I have seen better in this price range. Remote quality feels very very cheap.

Note : Netflix app didn't come pre-installed (but available in play store) and Amazon prime video is not available in play store. Although I side loaded amazon prime video oreo tv and other apps. Opening netflix app gives a popup everytime which says "Warning This device is not optimized for Netflix(-14)" If you click ok it goes away.

Here are the problems I am facing :

While playing any content from any OTT apps in 4K, 1080p the video quality is like RAW footage of a live video. There is no lag whats so ever but videos look very RAW.

I specially brought this tv to watch Netflix, prime video and live tv using oreo tv app. But due to this issue it doesn't feel like I am watching a movie or any tv series. Everything feels like a RAW unprocessed video. It feels really weird while watching like this.

secondary issue, while playing videos in YouTube sometime it video freezes (The RAW video effect is present here too)

Although Flipkart site say 43 OA with cricket mode, The model I received doesn't actually have cricket mode. (Not a big deal at all)

Anybody who has purchased VU Premium Android TV, Can you please confirm if you people are also facing the same issue like me ?

Last edited:
Note : Netflix app didn't come pre-installed (but available in play store) and Amazon prime video is not available in play store. Although I side loaded amazon prime video oreo tv and other apps. Opening netflix app gives a popup everytime which says "Warning This device is not optimized for Netflix(-14)" If you click ok it goes away.

Here are the problems I am facing :

While playing any content from any OTT apps in 4K, 1080p the video quality is like RAW footage of a live video. There is no lag whats so ever but videos look very RAW.

I specially brought this tv to watch Netflix, prime video and live tv using oreo tv app. But due to this issue it doesn't feel like I am watching a movie or any tv series. Everything feels like a RAW unprocessed video. It feels really weird while watching like this.

secondary issue, while playing videos in YouTube sometime it video freezes (The RAW video effect is present here too)

Although Flipkart site say 43 OA with cricket mode, The model I received doesn't actually have cricket mode. (Not a big deal at all)

Anybody who has purchased VU Premium Android TV, Can you please confirm if you people are also facing the same issue like me ?

Yup I bought the same TV from Flipkart exactly a month ago.

Yes Youtube freezes on switching the resolution to 4K(2160p), maybe because of low end processor or just 1.75 GB RAM, because of all these application issues I am using Fire TV Stick 4k on this TV and everything works smoothly on that, Netflix also supporting Dolby Vision and HDR 10 for almost all shows.

The model I received also didn't had a cricket mode, confirmed with VU that there are no differences between the two other than just the cricket mode, but Cricket Mode one is the latest model from Vu as their sales team confirmed on mail, don't know why Flipkart's seller OmniTechRetail is selling older variants despite listing a new variant on Flipkart, I have escalated this issue to Flipkart as even many users are saying that there is no cricket mode in their TV also in the reviews of the product. Lets see what Flipkart responds to this.

It feels like soap opera. Doesn't give the cinema vibe.
I guess you are referring to the ultra smooth mode on. If yes then do the below,
setting-->picture-->advance setting-->ultra smooth motion-->change this to "off" for the cinema vibe you looking for.

It picture does stutters at times with this feature "ON", so i have basically disabled it on every picture mode.

Hey Guys,

Bought Finally after of much R&D bought Vu Premium Android 43inch with Cricket mode + extended warranty. With HSBC offer effectively it costed me 26K. Tv was delivered yesterday through flipkart. Delivery guy opened the boxed and asked to check for may dents or damages. There were none.
Also Connected to power supply to check the screen. Delivery was smooth. Since Tv was on I completed the signing in setup and got it updated. Waiting to get it installed. Installation should be done by day after tomorrow. Slot was booked for next day but due to my availability schedule couldn't get it done.

Hey Guys,

Bought Finally after of much R&D bought Vu Premium Android 43inch with Cricket mode + extended warranty. With HSBC offer effectively it costed me 26K. Tv was delivered yesterday through flipkart. Delivery guy opened the boxed and asked to check for may dents or damages. There were none.
Also Connected to power supply to check the screen. Delivery was smooth. Since Tv was on I completed the signing in setup and got it updated. Waiting to get it installed. Installation should be done by day after tomorrow. Slot was booked for next day but due to my availability schedule couldn't get it done.
Hi,
Congrats! You bought extended warranty from Jeeves or VU itself?When Jeeves came for installation they informed me that ext warranty is provided by them and if interested we should get it on the same day of installation..for vu pixelight 50 inch warranty amt was 1950rs from Jeeves and rs 2700 from VU.I got the warranty directly from VU..It took 10 days to issue the invoice copy of the warranty

Hi,
Congrats! You bought extended warranty from Jeeves or VU itself?When Jeeves came for installation they informed me that ext warranty is provided by them and if interested we should get it on the same day of installation..for vu pixelight 50 inch warranty amt was 1950rs from Jeeves and rs 2700 from VU.I got the warranty directly from VU..It took 10 days to issue the invoice copy of the warranty
HI,

I bought extended warranty from Jeeves (Flipkart promotes Jeeves.). I was unaware about Extended warranty from VU itself.

I guess you are referring to the ultra smooth mode on. If yes then do the below,
setting-->picture-->advance setting-->ultra smooth motion-->change this to "off" for the cinema vibe you looking for.

It picture does stutters at times with this feature "ON", so i have basically disabled it on every picture mode.

@livingoff , Did this solve your issue ?

From this forum I came to know that Jeeves warranty is also good so I think u need not worry.

Well this gives me sigh of relief. ;)

I think the ultra smooth option is available only in big size vu tvs only(65 inches or more)..In the 50 inch vu pixelight this option is not there and Hd movies in amazon prime are really good to watch

Ohh. I never got chance to look at my settings. Getting the TV installed tomorrow. The only reason I bought Tv for bedroom is for Netflix & Prime Videos. I hope they both operate smoothly.

Has anyone of us customized the picture settings for better result ?? Or default values are good enough ?

Well this gives me sigh of relief. ;)

Ohh. I never got chance to look at my settings. Getting the TV installed tomorrow. The only reason I bought Tv for bedroom is for Netflix & Prime Videos. I hope they both operate smoothly.

Has anyone of us customized the picture settings for better result ?? Or default values are good enough ?
Amazon prime plays without problem..Never tried Netflix so don’t know about that.Default pict settings will not be good..I use cinema day and color temperature as standard.Brightness and contrast both 50,sharpness 12 and color 60.Adaptive contrast high..After tweaking for more than 2 weeks this is the best picture setting for me..Watch some HDR and 4K videos :)HDR videos will be played in default mode and it is really good..For other contents the above settings is good for me.

Last edited:
I think the ultra smooth option is available only in big size vu tvs only(65 inches or more)..In the 50 inch vu pixelight this option is not there and Hd movies in amazon prime are really good to watch
i have got 50' premium android, and it is available. May be official site will have the complete details respective to tv models. (check the brochure)

Amazon prime plays without problem..Never tried Netflix so don’t know about that.Default pict settings will not be good..I use cinema day and color temperature as standard.Brightness and contrast both 50,sharpness 12 and color 60.Adaptive contrast high..After tweaking for more than 2 weeks this is the best picture setting for me..Watch some HDR and 4K videos :)HDR videos will be played in default mode and it is really good..For other contents the above settings is good for me.
Hey newmem2, looking at your previous comments, you have a vu pixelight right?
Amazon prime video tv app does not play in vu premium tv - (no official support, side load the app), registration of the prime apps needs to be done again and again. This is because of prime identifies the tv to be a Hisense TV (apparently vu uses Hisense panels and possibly other HW as well), and hisense tv have an issue playing from prime tv app. check this

(if anybody has a solution to this prob, plz do let us know here. tnx)

But on the positive side, you can cast prime contents from your mobile.

Haven't tried netflix yet.

Hey newmem2, looking at your previous comments, you have a vu pixelight right?
Amazon prime video tv app does not play in vu premium tv - (no official support, side load the app), registration of the prime apps needs to be done again and again. This is because of prime identifies the tv to be a Hisense TV (apparently vu uses Hisense panels and possibly other HW as well), and hisense tv have an issue playing from prime tv app. check this
Yes I have pixelight..Amazon prime,Netflix and YouTube are the preloaded apps in this..Amazon prime works flawlessly in this(I use this app the most and it’s really good in pixelight)...I am not happy about YouTube as it freezes and sometimes videos doesn’t even open..

Nope mate. I tried almost everything. I didnt solve the issue.

I guess I am facing the same. Will try to explain below.

Its been a week now using Premium Android 43inch.
Installed Netflix, Voot, Hot star from play store. Side loaded Prime videos & Jio Tv.
Netflix shows pop up (this device is not optimized for netflix (-14). This is at the start up only and it pops up just once after every boot.
Prime does not keep me signed in. After every boot I am required to log in .
Jio Tv doesn't work. (Does it work for anyone else ??)

Picture quality is good, but every fast action does get blurry. Even a quick hand moment is blurry. This is with every picture setting.
Is it because I have been watching movies on my sony bravia for last 5-6 years ?

OR is it up scaling issue ?? Is anyone else facing the same ? Now I feel I should have bought HDtv instead of 4k :p

Mine 43 inch has Ultra smooth option available. Picture gets grainy when turned off.

Hey , i just brought 55 inch of premium model , i have tried all the settings but videos still feel bit soap opera kind. Do we have any solution for this. i read about kodi player which can modify tv refresh rate but when i connect my usb files are not detected . Can we change/modify vu tv refresh rate.

Hey , i just brought 55 inch of premium model , i have tried all the settings but videos still feel bit soap opera kind. Do we have any solution for this. i read about kodi player which can modify tv refresh rate but when i connect my usb files are not detected . Can we change/modify vu tv refresh rate.
share your tv picture setting pics, i can look into it and maybe suggest a thing or more if already not done from your end.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back