VU TV owners thread

Can we change/modify vu tv refresh rate

You have two options to try:

1. Go to Settings, picture, advance setting and turn off the Ultra smooth motion. Restart the TV from android power off mode and see if it helps.
2. Reset your TV to default setting and see if that works. However, you will have to redo lot of things if you reset it to defaults

I don't know why my Netflix fails to play, sometimes, every DV-certified content in Dolby Vision while at other times when it works, it does work just fine. Now, it only shows 'HD' on every title which is very annoying. Please help. You know the Widevine L3 is enabled on our TVs by default but why this issue despite of it?

I don't know why my Netflix fails to play, sometimes, every DV-certified content in Dolby Vision while at other times when it works, it does work just fine. Now, it only shows 'HD' on every title which is very annoying. Please help. You know the Widevine L3 is enabled on our TVs by default but why this issue despite of it?

1.) Can you recheck the Widevine certification? Widevine L3 does not support HD videos in Netflix/Prime video. It only supports SD. To play HD/Full HD/4K videos in netflix/prime video, the TV needs Widevine L1 certification.

2.) Also, considering the lockdown many OTT platforms restricted the playback to just SD/HD instead of Full HD/4K due to increased server load. But this was done on mobile phones only as per news. But you never know, they might do it randomly for the TV apps as well. So i personally feel this is not the right time to check if netflix/prime video can play 4K videos or not.

1.) Can you recheck the Widevine certification? Widevine L3 does not support HD videos in Netflix/Prime video. It only supports SD. To play HD/Full HD/4K videos in netflix/prime video, the TV needs Widevine L1 certification.

2.) Also, considering the lockdown many OTT platforms restricted the playback to just SD/HD instead of Full HD/4K due to increased server load. But this was done on mobile phones only as per news. But you never know, they might do it randomly for the TV apps as well. So i personally feel this is not the right time to check if netflix/prime video can play 4K videos or not.
Apologies, as I mistakenly wrote L3 in my reply. It was supposed to be L1. And yes, I get your second point but it's totally unrelated to my TV's chronic problem of 'Dolby Vision not kicking in at times'. It's since the Day 1 of my TV purchase. I still have no idea why it behaves so weirdly. 4k SDR has no issues whatsoever.

Hi, I have bought a 65-inch pixellight TV. I have set up the TV in a dark hall. The picture quality is very bad. The TV is full of display clouding and uneven Black Uniformity. Is the panel faulty?

Is there anyone who has connected a camera to the TV, i saw recently , google duo is available for the android tv and have downloaded it. My existing camera is not being detected!

Bought the VU Premium 50" TV about 3 weeks ago and the performance is as good as the top brands. To clarify, I am not a gamer and hence motion flow is not an issue for me. Picture quality is really good at Brightness 50 and contrast about 60 to 65. Sharpness should be kept at the minimum, I have kept it at 6 and Colour 50. Since it has a VA A+ grade Panel, viewing angles are pretty poor and even at 40 degrees colours look washed-out. But if you are viewing it directly or less than 30-35 degrees the pictures are sharp and clear with good colour contrast especially in Cinema mode. Though the Panel brightness is mentioned as 400 nits, it is more than sufficient for my viewing.

Out of the box there are hot keys on the remote for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar & Youtube which work splendidly. Only hitch I faced was in signing in to my Amazon Prime a/c since the link mentioned by VU does not have this option. You can very well visit amazon.com/authentication and feed the code mentioned on display and works like charm.

Since I have connected the TV to my Bose Soundbar 700 through ARC, the audio effect is extremely good, especially action movies. Standalone TV audio is quite loud and more than sufficient for a 250 to 300 sq ft room.

Got it for 35K with a 3 year comprehensive warranty from a reputed Mumbai dealer at Opera House. Warranty start & end dates were filled-in by the technician during installation which took place within 20 minutes after I got delivery of the TV!

Overall I am quite satisfied with the TV at this price point as this was a replacement for my 7 year old Toshiba (original) which was in perfect working condition and the dealer also arranged for a buy-back.

Bought VU 49SU131_1 on March 2018 for 47K. within couple of months had to replace the unit due to display issue. TV is just ok for regular DTH connection. recently purchased netflix subscription. When I open the native NF app in the TV, videos are too dark. Video tag says HDR. But this model doesn't support HDR. some videos are playing in 4K resolution but they are dark too which makes unable to watch. Is there any solution. can someone please help? any setting I am missing.

Android version 7
Security patch Feb 2018.
I contacted Customer care, they denied any software support. I have never received an update for this tv. not even security patch. I should have opted for another brand.

I read all posts from first until last and decided to delete VU TV from my buying list. There is not a single post which has positive thing about it.

I have picked up two VU tv's over the years, one a 65" er and another 75" er both Pixelight 4K when they first came out a few years ago. I use them purely as monitors for streaming Nvidia Shield content with separate 5.1 audio. The 65" er was nothing to write home about, a decent picture but a lot of cloudiness artifacts which I gave away to a relative and bought the 75" er.
But after calibration, the 75" 'er has a truly amazing picture. Granted there are some motion artifacts given that it is only 60 Hz but good content almost takes on a 3d effect with inky blacks, great contrast and color. I have had it for three years now and am extremely satisfied with it.

I have picked up two VU tv's over the years, one a 65" er and another 75" er both Pixelight 4K when they first came out a few years ago. I use them purely as monitors for streaming Nvidia Shield content with separate 5.1 audio. The 65" er was nothing to write home about, a decent picture but a lot of cloudiness artifacts which I gave away to a relative and bought the 75" er.
But after calibration, the 75" 'er has a truly amazing picture. Granted there are some motion artifacts given that it is only 60 Hz but good content almost takes on a 3d effect with inky blacks, great contrast and color. I have had it for three years now and am extremely satisfied with it.
How about gaming or fast action movies? How does it fare? Did you play any games using your shield on 75"? I have Shield Pro too. Picked up recently. Planning to use for games and movies.

How about gaming or fast action movies? How does it fare? Did you play any games using your shield on 75"? I have Shield Pro too. Picked up recently. Planning to use for games and movies.

Since I'm not a gamer I can't comment on that part of your question, but 4K @ 60fps (it's maximum frame rate) movement is pretty smooth. At 30 fps, you do see step changes in movements and becomes worse at 24 fps. I have turned off most of the processing options like ultra-smooth to keep the picture true but I am guessing you can mitigate these step changes if you are willing to give up some detail.

Hi. I would like to know what calibration you did. I purchased a pixelight 65 inch TV a month back and believe me this is the worst picture quality I have ever seen on a TV. I tried to calibrate a lot and finally, I am on the conclusion that this is not worth even for 10k INR. If possible for you. please see my post here and the pictures attached https://www.hifivision.com/threads/vu-tv-owners-thread.56447/post-901077 . I will appreciate any kind of help or suggestion.

Hi, I have bought a 65-inch pixellight TV. I have set up the TV in a dark hall. The picture quality is very bad. The TV is full of display clouding and uneven Black Uniformity. Is the panel faulty?

This does not look good. Could be off axis or over exposure or simply bad source though.
VU ultra seem much better. (Check from 4 minutes into the video).

Compare against your tv and order replacement if you find widely off.
Test video :

If you can post yours, can check.

This does not look good. Could be off axis or over exposure or simply bad source though.
VU ultra seem much better. (Check from 4 minutes into the video).

Compare against your tv and order replacement if you find widely off.
Test video :

If you can post yours, can check.
There is no local dimming option on the TV. When I play this video, I see a lot of clouding passing over the white block, some places the box is brighter than the rest. To update this, I have tried dropping white balance -> 2-point -> all RGB offset from the settings to -15, and the color bleeding somewhat stops for HDR content. The same settings work for non-HDR too. When I tried to calibrate HUE, I felt the color settings are quite off. For now, I believe this can be corrected by a proper tunning of Color and White balance except the clouding. I will appreciate if you can direct me on how I should calibrate these settings better and easily.

Last edited:
There is no local dimming option on the TV. When I play this video, I see a lot of clouding passing over the white block, some places the box is brighter than the rest. To update this, I have tried dropping white balance -> 2-point -> all RGB offset from the settings to -15, and the color bleeding somewhat stops for HDR content. The same settings work for non-HDR too. When I tried to calibrate HUE, I felt the color settings are quite off. For now, I believe this can be corrected by a proper tunning of Color and White balance except the clouding. I will appreciate if you can direct me on how I should calibrate these settings better and easily.
Avsforum has a dedicated calibration topic with extensive information and a lot of test patterns. Check it out.
I doubt you can do much about the clouding issue as it is individual TV dependent. My 65” pixelight also had serious clouding issues which are largely absent in my 75” VU.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back