VU TV owners thread

Avsforum has a dedicated calibration topic with extensive information and a lot of test patterns. Check it out.
I doubt you can do much about the clouding issue as it is individual TV dependent. My 65” pixelight also had serious clouding issues which are largely absent in my 75” VU.
I went over a lot of posts and downloaded around 15GB of Video calibration files.
But None of them are useful without color meter.
Is there anything I can do without a color meter? Please share links if you have any.

I went over a lot of posts and downloaded around 15GB of Video calibration files.
Is there anything I can do without a color meter? Please share links if you have any.
Here is a good video about eyeball calibration of your monitor. Throw up a SMPTE pattern available on a good source like the AVSforum calibration forum on your TV and go through the steps. I had a video calibration dvd with these patterns that came with red and blue filters from long ago that I used to get reasonably accurate colors. There are more elaborate patterns available for even more accuracy but I doubt they will make a big difference with consumer TV's.

Though I haven't tried it, you could probably pick up a good 3d Anaglyph glasses with Cyan and Magenta colors to substitute if the TV cannot throw up a blue or magenta only filter to adjust color and hue

Using VU Premium TV for more than a year now. I started noticing that watching netflix shows which are stereo HD (2.0) e.g. Korean Drama's, does not bring matrixed sound through the AVR. I mean, when I try to listen to 2.0 AUDIO to matrixed 5.1, while all the speakers are active, the sounds are only coming from fronts. I am missing the audio passthrough option from the settings. However if the original source is 5.1, then all the speakers are engaged.

Same AVR when connected to Sony TV, i am able to do the matrixed sound output with all speakers engaged for a 2.0 source.

Only way I could do now is to change the Digital Audio Output settings on TV to PCM instead of Dolby digital plus to get this matrixed sound possible. Anyone else noticed this issue ?

This does not look good. Could be off axis or over exposure or simply bad source though.
VU ultra seem much better. (Check from 4 minutes into the video).

Compare against your tv and order replacement if you find widely off.
Test video :

If you can post yours, can check.
I am curious about these as I saw some videos that say they have IPS Panels. - Motorola Vu Sanyo & some others..

Avsforum has a dedicated calibration topic with extensive information and a lot of test patterns. Check it out.
I doubt you can do much about the clouding issue as it is individual TV dependent. My 65” pixelight also had serious clouding issues which are largely absent in my 75” VU.
Here is a good video about eyeball calibration of your monitor. Throw up a SMPTE pattern available on a good source like the AVSforum calibration forum on your TV and go through the steps. I had a video calibration dvd with these patterns that came with red and blue filters from long ago that I used to get reasonably accurate colors. There are more elaborate patterns available for even more accuracy but I doubt they will make a big difference with consumer TV's.

Though I haven't tried it, you could probably pick up a good 3d Anaglyph glasses with Cyan and Magenta colors to substitute if the TV cannot throw up a blue or magenta only filter to adjust color and hue

I've been also trying to find Self Test methods and Reference files to check as not having RTings kind of data on Indian market TVs is a big handicap.

Using VU Premium TV for more than a year now. I started noticing that watching netflix shows which are stereo HD (2.0) e.g. Korean Drama's, does not bring matrixed sound through the AVR. I mean, when I try to listen to 2.0 AUDIO to matrixed 5.1, while all the speakers are active, the sounds are only coming from fronts. I am missing the audio passthrough option from the settings. However if the original source is 5.1, then all the speakers are engaged.

Same AVR when connected to Sony TV, i am able to do the matrixed sound output with all speakers engaged for a 2.0 source.

Only way I could do now is to change the Digital Audio Output settings on TV to PCM instead of Dolby digital plus to get this matrixed sound possible. Anyone else noticed this issue ?
I have been using Vu Pixelight TV for last 2 years. I will check this setting and update the forum by coming monday.

I have been using Vu Pixelight TV for last 2 years. I will check this setting and update the forum by coming monday.
Hi,
No, it's 4k 55 inch version.
I am not very familiar with their product history other than the Heiress who got the branding done for China made TVs.
Can you share the following:
Launch Year & Pricing as well? 2018 or 2017?
Is it IPS or VA Panel? Any more details?

Here is a good video about eyeball calibration of your monitor. Throw up a SMPTE pattern available on a good source like the AVSforum calibration forum on your TV and go through the steps.
@grebe925 - Can you link me to the Topic please? Its not coming up on my search.
I had a video calibration dvd with these patterns that came with red and blue filters from long ago that I used to get reasonably accurate colors. There are more elaborate patterns available for even more accuracy but I doubt they will make a big difference with consumer TV's.
I had a DVD in 2007/08 the last I bought a TV in the US - Let me see if I can find that ISO somewhere.

Crashburn, I saw somewhere that Sanyo Kaisen TVs have IPS from 2020 while the 2019 models had VA panels. And they can be good monitors too for a very small price compared to the biggers boys in business.

Could some one check this out and report please?

I am not very familiar with their product history other than the Heiress who got the branding done for China made TVs.
Can you share the following:
Launch Year & Pricing as well? 2018 or 2017?
Is it IPS or VA Panel? Any more details?
I bought it in 2018 from Flipkart at the price of Rs. 35K approx. Full HD & 4k videos look good in it. But, HDR videos look fake. It fulfills my main purpose of watching movies in Kodi. I had no inclination of watching HDR or Dolby vision movies. So, i bought it.

Hello,

I tried this method. But, in my case, the audio for 2.0 source was coming from all the speakers irrespective of DD+ or PCM in VU TV
Thanks. In the model I have, Premium, 4k 43 inch, I am not able to get this though the ARC is enabled inside audio settings of the TV.

Crashburn, I saw somewhere that Sanyo Kaisen TVs have IPS from 2020 while the 2019 models had VA panels. And they can be good monitors too for a very small price compared to the biggers boys in business.
Yes sir. I appreciate your thoughtful sharing :D I noticed and also mentioned in a post.

I first got a whiff of it on VM YoutTube channel :D At least he tries to do better than the YTers

What about certain VUs - some seemed to have IPS

Last edited:
Yes sir. I appreciate your thoughtful sharing :D I noticed and also mentioned in a post.

I first got a whiff of it on VM YoutTube channel :D At least he tries to do better than the YTers

What about certain VUs - some seemed to have IPS
Vu's 4k TVs have the opera effect. Otherwise it is good. I could not find a way to turn it off. Insofar sold it to a tenant.

Elaborate please? OPERA? But doesnt seem all of their TVs have IPS - Which ones?

Curious.
Soap opera effect. When you see 4k content it would not look cinematic but like soaps and sitcoms feel due to motion smoothening. It was aimed to be a good value addition but it sucks after sometime. Titanic film for example will look like Breaking bad or Dexter or House MD.

Soap opera effect. When you see 4k content it would not look cinematic but like soaps and sitcoms feel due to motion smoothening. It was aimed to be a good value addition but it sucks after sometime. Titanic film for example will look like Breaking bad or Dexter or House MD.
Thanks for that input. Hmm.. not sure if I know or have seen what that is.. But noted.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back