VU TV owners thread

Is anybody using this as a monitor..

Please share the gfx card you are using..
Or any problems faced while connecting to pc..

I'm finding it damn difficult.. It displays as Hitachi HDMI for some time generic pnp monitor a few times and windows doesn't detect the TV most of the time.. It's like a lottery system every time you switch on the pc

Is anybody using this as a monitor..

Please share the gfx card you are using..
Or any problems faced while connecting to pc..

I'm finding it damn difficult.. It displays as Hitachi HDMI for some time generic pnp monitor a few times and windows doesn't detect the TV most of the time.. It's like a lottery system every time you switch on the pc

I have 50" model . I have connected it to my PC and Blu/Ray Player and tata sky . I have no issues connecting it to Gfx card. My GPU is (Zotac) GTX770 .I just have one issue, the windows start button side appears a bit cut-off on TV. Looking to fix that issue.

Last edited:
I have 50" model . I have connected it to my PC and Blu/Ray Player and tata sky . I have no issues connecting it to Gfx card. My GPU is (Zotac) GTX770 .I just have one issue, the windows start button side appears a bit cut-off on TV. Looking to fix that issue.
I have a few questions for you

What is the display name that you get in nvidia control panel

Are you able to use it as a monitor. ie is the bios and windows loading screens shown on the TV when you start the TV and pc..

Can you please post the EDID .inf file . there is a application called moninfo.. Usse it to export

I have purchased the Vu 50k160GP last month and its working great so far. Picture wise I would say the color temp is Bluish. However I was able to access the advanced Service mode and tweak a few settings setting to get excellent picture quality. I use only HDMI 1080P connections with 1:1 mode only. This way the image is crisp without any scaling deffects.
Have you tried connecting it to pc and using it as a monitor..
Also refer to my post above

Thanx and I got that on my Nvidia Graphic card. I have create a custom resolution at 1920x1080 pixel and have to set refresh rate at 24hz with 32bit color (1920 x 1080p@24hz) and have to apply for my VU Tv and my Tv accept the custom resolution. So all set and tv is showing 1080p@24hz resolution for my PC via HDMI.

What kind of improvement done with picture quality via 1:1 pixel mapping mode?
What is the nvidia driver version you are using.. Also was it plug and play or did you had to tweak some settings

I purchased the 55" UHD VU Tv two months ago and there are no issues till date. There seem an initial LED backlight leakage but it stabilizes within a minute and the screen becomes fully 'black'. I too paid 10% extended warranty for 2 years on MRP & not invoice value.

Can you share how to access the advance service menu? I am currently using the tv with SD set-top box and have upscaled the video using external converters. I first upscaled from 576i to VGA ---> VGA to HDMI - 1080p. I too am able to get very good image quality of atleast 90% of the transmitted HD 1080i content and am happy with that. Not sure how much improvement i will get with 1080i transmission signal.
Did you guys find in troubles connecting it to pc
I paid 7.5K as 2 yrs extended warranty for my Sony 46 inch TV.. You are paying 4.5K/6K for 55 inch is too good :eek:hyeah:

I just purchased the LED-55K160GAU.

VU sales rep quoted me 10% of the invoice for extended warranty (10% of 45k = 4.5k), but the service rep has quoted 6k (10% on MRP). I'm still fighting with them to get it on invoice value. Anyone got extended warranties here ?

I would also like feedback from existing users on making picture settings in USB mode, I did not find any way to do it.

What is the nvidia driver version you are using.. Also was it plug and play or did you had to tweak some settings

I am using nVidia GTX 750ti and my driver version is 344.11 and VU using HDMI IC from Hitachi Engineearing Corporation Ld. thats is why it's detecting Hitachi in Nvdia control panel. And my Tv is also showing same like you.

I am using nVidia GTX 750ti and my driver version is 344.11 and VU using HDMI IC from Hitachi Engineearing Corporation Ld. thats is why it's detecting Hitachi in Nvdia control panel. And my Tv is also showing same like you.
Is it working properly and consistent ly

Sometimes it shows as Hisense too..

Damn .. The HDMI cable was the culprit .. Working with the new blue rigger one

Hi,
I purchased VU 40D6575 from Flipkart.

I have been experiencing two issues.
1. I've connected Logitech 2.1 speakers. I experience a thundering sound when changing channels or while pressing pause and play buttons while playing videos from USB. Is this a common issue?
2. Is there anyway to change the size and color of subtitles? The subtitle size is extremely small and white in color. I never faced this problem with my earlier tv (Sony Bravia 32" LED, EX330). When the background video is white or any other lighter color, the subs are not at all visible.
Kindly help. Should I go for a replacement?
Thanks.
Premjeeth

Hi,
I purchased VU 40D6575 from Flipkart.

I have been experiencing two issues.
1. I've connected Logitech 2.1 speakers. I experience a thundering sound when changing channels or while pressing pause and play buttons while playing videos from USB. Is this a common issue?
2. Is there anyway to change the size and color of subtitles? The subtitle size is extremely small and white in color. I never faced this problem with my earlier tv (Sony Bravia 32" LED, EX330). When the background video is white or any other lighter color, the subs are not at all visible.
Kindly help. Should I go for a replacement?
Thanks.
Premjeeth

No, you are not alone. Seems all VU TVs have this issue. Please go through this thread.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/60711-hiss-sound-vu-40-led.html#post671708

Keep your TV volume at 1 or 2, and increase your 2.1 system's volume to 85%, and then you'll hear 'Hiss'.

No, you are not alone. Seems all VU TVs have this issue. Please go through this thread.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/60711-hiss-sound-vu-40-led.html#post671708

Keep your TV volume at 1 or 2, and increase your 2.1 system's volume to 85%, and then you'll hear 'Hiss'.

I am also having this Hiss Noise when connecting the speakers to the AV output of the TV. Mine is the 4K 55 Inch Iconium version.

This sound comes only when playing through Set Top Box. When playing movies through USB, there seems to no issue of this Hiss noise.

Anybody knows how to enter into service menu for 40d6575.I am unable to enter with code 1969.
Has anybody tried it.I wish to change tint value.

Hi planning to pick up a VU 43inches UHD tv ,but the refresh rate they have mentioned is 60hz is it ok , any owners of this can advice me. Flipkart price is Rs.42990/-

Hi planning to pick up a VU 43inches UHD tv ,but the refresh rate they have mentioned is 60hz is it ok , any owners of this can advice me. Flipkart price is Rs.42990/-

You can try the 55inch model.of vu. Its the latest model of play series. Vu55160gau. Search it on flipkart. Price is same 42000. Uhd is just a gimmick in vu tvs. Thy dnt upscale the content.

^^nope... Its no more gimmick with the latest iconium series...it has inbuilt hevc and upscales 1080p to 4k... I have checked 2days before and I'm happy to report its working...

^^nope... Its no more gimmick with the latest iconium series...it has inbuilt hevc and upscales 1080p to 4k... I have checked 2days before and I'm happy to report its working...

The earlier VU 4k models had poor upscaling, so nice to see improvement from VU on this but what he means is that for the same money 55 Inch 1080P Tv can be bought which will provide more immersion than a 43 inch 4K TV as 4K content will not be available for a long long time.

Where did you check out the TV in Bangalore? the VU store on MG road?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back