VU TV owners thread

The earlier VU 4k models had poor upscaling, so nice to see improvement from VU on this but what he means is that for the same money 55 Inch 1080P Tv can be bought which will provide more immersion than a 43 inch 4K TV as 4K content will not be available for a long long time.

Where did you check out the TV in Bangalore? the VU store on MG road?
Absolutely i meant the same thing. Moreover if u wanna buy 4k tv then go for a branded one. Vus and micromaxs are just playing with customers by offering 4k.
You shoul try to play a downloaded 4k file from a hdd on tv before buying this tv. I am sure you wont see much diffrence on this panel. I am saying this with personal exp of micromax. But nevertheless if you hav checked the tv you can buy it im not discouraging you from buying. Just make sure you test 4k capabilities of this panel before buying. Make sure this tv plays full 4k 60fps videos smoothly without any judders.

I recently bought the 40" D6575. Its connected to a SD STB (local cable). There is minor pixelation if I try to look up close. Can this be eliminated?

I recently bought the 40" D6575. Its connected to a SD STB (local cable). There is minor pixelation if I try to look up close. Can this be eliminated?

This the fault of your local cable I guess; I myself use the same model with Tata-Sky SD box, and result is good if not great.

Thanks for the reply! I cant use d2h as There are monkeys in my locality and they climb on the dishes and eventually break them! Guess will have to live with this...

You can try the 55inch model.of vu. Its the latest model of play series. Vu55160gau. Search it on flipkart. Price is same 42000. Uhd is just a gimmick in vu tvs. Thy dnt upscale the content.

You mean Vu LED-55K160GAU - its been selling for a year now? not exactly new plus micromax TVs are offering 3 years warranty and to get 2 years warranty on this TV I have to shell out 10K more?

You mean Vu LED-55K160GAU - its been selling for a year now? not exactly new plus micromax TVs are offering 3 years warranty and to get 2 years warranty on this TV I have to shell out 10K more?

The new 55k160gau was released this year in Jan i believe. dont know what is the difference between the one that was available from last year and this one. hopefully there is a diff. but yes not having 3 year warranty is a regret.

VU LED 55K160GAU has the same name but the TV for the 2016 model is totally new as it has Direct-LED panel when compared to the Edge-lit panel of 2015 model. The screen quality is much better than last year according to a fellow forum member who has used both the models.

VU 55K160GAU has 3 years warranty option by paying 5k, not 10k, where did you get that 10k number?

All these things have already been discussed in the VU LED 55K160GAU dedicated thread, just read this thread for more information on this model: http://www.hifivision.com/television/61872-vu-led-55k160gau.html

Last edited:

Just now checked that thread again and weird to see that you have asked the same question in that VU 55K160GAU thread few days back and people have replied there, at-least read the replies after posting queries, here is that link:

http://www.hifivision.com/television/61872-vu-led-55k160gau-8.html

How practical is it to purchase the extended warranty for VU tv? As per their terms and conditions the following are not covered "Damaged ,Scratched and Dented Plastic, LCD Housing/Cabinet , LEDs, Burn Pixel in LCD Panel, Rubber Parts, Batteries, Remote, Power Adapters/Cables, Interconnecting Cables, Cracked, Partially or Fully Broken glass panels on VU LCD or damage caused by too much pressure exerted on LCD Screen etc..Data transfer and back up is solely to be taken care by the customer." Would it still make sense to buy the extended warranty?

Getting extended warranty from vu does not make sense for me. Even sometimes big brands will cause trouble honoring their's

I am going to buy extended warranties for two VU Tv's i have bought this month. VU gives 90 days time, so planning to buy next month.

People have got replacement TV's in this forum itself and i am not going to risk it when the panel costs are so high and the life of Flat Panel TV's are not long. The price is also not much, 5k for 55 inch TV and 2k for 32 inch TV.

Hi,

I am planning to buy VU 50 to 55 inch TV.
Can anyone please confirm if this has a HDMI ARC and optical out?
How to connect to AVR when I am playing a movie from USB?

Just now checked that thread again and weird to see that you have asked the same question in that VU 55K160GAU thread few days back and people have replied there, at-least read the replies after posting queries, here is that link:

http://www.hifivision.com/television/61872-vu-led-55k160gau-8.html

Thx for pointing it out..I did read it..Just that it wasnt explained clearly enough and I again googled and was still confused. No harm putting information twice.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back