VU TV owners thread

Congrats! I got the installation guy for a flexi wall mount and he got me one for 1500/-. I think that is the best investment I made for my TV. Now I can easily plug in and out the chromecast and any other cables. Plus while watching TV I pull it out so that the distance from wall is approx. 6 inch allowing air to flow. I am also impressed by the picture quality of my VU specially the blacks.

Congrats!.... share some snaps pls. if you have the Vu 4k then why do you need chromecast? it has a in-build smart TV, doesn't it?

Congrats!.... share some snaps pls. if you have the Vu 4k then why do you need chromecast? it has a in-build smart TV, doesn't it?

I have the Vu Play Series TV 43D6535, hence the Chromecast. I didn't wanted to spend too much on the TV due to it being for my bedroom, but it blew away the 32inch Sony I have.

Here are the pics of my setup. It's a simple one with flexi wall mounted TV + wooden plank to place the accessories etc. Some good points are that the TV has an auto shut off feature which shuts down the TV one minute after I've shut off the STB. Also one thing which is useful for me, but may be annoying for others is that when power goes off and comes back, the TV does not switches on itself. You have to press the power button manually. It's good to avoid voltage fluctuations. So far loving it!

Attachments

• P_20160507_125830.jpg
    P_20160507_125830.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 213
  • P_20160324_114020_TR_018.jpg
    P_20160324_114020_TR_018.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 211
Here are the pics of my setup. It's a simple one with flexi wall mounted TV + wooden plank to place the accessories etc. Some good points are that the TV has an auto shut off feature which shuts down the TV one minute after I've shut off the STB. Also one thing which is useful for me, but may be annoying for others is that when power goes off and comes back, the TV does not switches on itself. You have to press the power button manually. It's good to avoid voltage fluctuations. So far loving it!

Looks Nice! thanks for the photos..... I think your review is pending now... :) Please share detailed review. I think the refresh rates for this TV is better then 4K hence there shouldn't be issues with watching motion (Please read as sports)?
Yet again, Congrats! what do you think should I take plunge and go for Vu?

Looks Nice! thanks for the photos..... I think your review is pending now... :) Please share detailed review. I think the refresh rates for this TV is better then 4K hence there shouldn't be issues with watching motion (Please read as sports)?
Yet again, Congrats! what do you think should I take plunge and go for Vu?

The refresh rate mentioned is 60 and even though I don't watch much sports on it, I did watch a few IPL matches and did not notice any issue. Regarding buying this TV it was a calculated risk on my part. Similar TV for LG, Sony etc would cost around 40-50K, however they have reliable service. I haven't had a chance to check VU service and would pray to god to not give me that chance, but I've purchased extended warranty for safety. I plan to buy OLED once it becomes affordable (2 years or so) and then I'll will use this VU as secondary TV. For 25K this seems reasonable. However my risk appetite does not allows me to go beyond this for VU. But there are folks who have purchased the 4K TV and are satisfied. So it all depends on your risk appetite.

@buxx - Are you from Delhi ? Dealer name is Pankaj Verma - 9911706329

I checked from him. He quoted 70k first with extended warranty but was willing to give 68 when i quoted you. He also informed that for demo purposes the sets will be available in Sargam stores across Delhi after about 10 days when stocks are replenished. He is located in Okhla but has no demo facility.

He was of the view that the VU set should last at least 5 years and anyway with extended warranty one can feel safe for at least three years.

He was of the view that the VU set should last at least 5 years and anyway with extended warranty one can feel safe for at least three years.

I have my deep doubts about the current crop of VU TVs lasting for 5 years. The early initial models were excellent in every way. I bought my first VU in 2007 and was extremely happy with it. Right now my 65" is with them for the last two weeks for a change of panel. The process when it started is more than a month. Also keep in mind the after sales, which is horrendous in this case.

I own a VU 55K160GAU and was wondering if it supports HDMI CEC? I don't see any options in the default menu. However, in the past I have seen manufacturers keeping CEC option hidden inside of the service menus.

I checked from him. He quoted 70k first with extended warranty but was willing to give 68 when i quoted you. He also informed that for demo purposes the sets will be available in Sargam stores across Delhi after about 10 days when stocks are replenished. He is located in Okhla but has no demo facility.

Good for your mate. I hope you get a good set. He is a nice guy. Good luck for your new purchase in advance.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back